Outcast £40 on 4 tekno springs lol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cater4anytink

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Having heard good things about tekno springs and the fact I've got the upgrade buzz, I found the website, it was £10 front and £10 rear plus £11 postage to uk..after days of running to my door like a kid every time someone knocked today arrived a card saying I have to go collect them from a local delivery office at the cost of £11.87.
This is beginning to be an expensive hobby..I've gt my Gka servo mount and chassis brace on order, hopefully no hidden extra charges..wish there was more support in the UK.

Having heard good things about tekno springs and the fact I've got the upgrade buzz, I found the website, it was £10 front and £10 rear plus £11 postage to uk..after days of running to my door like a kid every time someone knocked today arrived a card saying I have to go collect them from a local delivery office at the cost of £11.87.
This is beginning to be an expensive hobby..I've gt my Gka servo mount and chassis brace on order, hopefully no hidden extra charges..wish there was more support in the UK.

It's ridiculous the charges Royal Mail put on customs items. A couple of pounds I understand, but a blanket £8 charge is stupid and almost like holding your items hostage!

They used to do it in Australia with the carbon tax. I f you were a farmer and have cows the would charge you carbon production from the cow farts. Guess we learn from our founders.

I do agree that it's absurd when the tariffs cost as much or more than the goods itself.

Sorry, but the carbon tax (carbon pricing- charging those who emit CO2) is a completely different to an import tariff/tax. Let's compare apples with apples.

In Australia, when buying goods over the Internet, If the goods are worth more than $1000, the additional cost is
GST (currently 10%) +
duty (currently 15%) +
charges (a processing charge reaped to doing the paperwork)

However, if the goods are less than AU$1,000, there are no duties, taxes nor charges.

I hear the govenment was looking into changing this exemption. With the total cost of my Outcast being $AU530 to my doorstep, I can see their point. It took away the sale from my LHS, I didn't pay any taxes...

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back