Kraton “Finally” broke it

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kalison

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Typhon 3s
Not a big break but finally caused a failure. Man it really took a beating before this! I’ll need a new wing and the wing mount is still good, but has taken a bend.

Looks like pins and arm, anything else I should try to upgrade while I’m in this far?

Attachments

• 2576C7D0-970F-40A8-B7FD-2464EA13FC97.jpeg
    2576C7D0-970F-40A8-B7FD-2464EA13FC97.jpeg
    270.7 KB · Views: 87
  • 30FA608A-135F-4482-8967-904F553509D5.jpeg
    30FA608A-135F-4482-8967-904F553509D5.jpeg
    249.9 KB · Views: 66
Hammer the pin straight and throw it back in. You’ll bend a lot of pins sending your truck high! Trust me... there’s really no point in buying pins unless you want to buy something that’s a better quality of metal.

I broke my front upper a arm like that but it pulled clean off. Did it in the first 15 mins of its first run.
I’m willing to bet that was just a fluke and the plastic molding (where the crease is in the arm) just failed due to it being a bad part. With a new set of arms I doubt it’ll happen again. This stuff happens every once in awhile, so just keep sending it :)

Not a big break but finally caused a failure. Man it really took a beating before this! I’ll need a new wing and the wing mount is still good, but has taken a bend.

Looks like pins and arm, anything else I should try to upgrade while I’m in this far?
Bad news, sucks that it broke. Good news, sometimes when you hit that hard, you want certain things to break so that others survive. Since changing my suspension/hinge pin mounts to upgraded aftermarket ones, the frequency of bent or broken pins has come down drastically. Arms are gonna go, that's just part of the basher lifestyle.

Bad news, sucks that it broke. Good news, sometimes when you hit that hard, you want certain things to break so that others survive. Since changing my suspension/hinge pin mounts to upgraded aftermarket ones, the frequency of bent or broken pins has come down drastically. Arms are gonna go, that's just part of the basher lifestyle.

I was having fun, so thats what matters! haha

I was thinking of getting new pins, maybe knock these back straight while waiting on some M2C racing ones, do the aftermarket retainers do much?

I was having fun, so thats what matters! haha

I was thinking of getting new pins, maybe knock these back straight while waiting on some M2C racing ones, do the aftermarket retainers do much?
I have CRCU front and Voltage Hobbies rear on my Noto 6s. Haven't bent or broken a pin since. Could be that the pin is secured at both ends that makes the difference. Stock, they just sitting in that thin aluminum plate. Not an engineer, so can't explain the science, but I break a lot of stuff, and hinge pins isn't on the short list anymore.

Good to know! Thanks!

First 15! I must not be doing my duty!

It was a very small jump, just landed funny.

I’m willing to bet that was just a fluke and the plastic molding (where the crease is in the arm) just failed due to it being a bad part. With a new set of arms I doubt it’ll happen again. This stuff happens every once in awhile, so just keep sending it :)

Hopefully. I did replace them with RPM. The pin wasn't bent.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back