“It sounds like a t-Tex walking through the trees!”

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We’re in the midst of an ice storm in far north San Antonio and our gorgeous oak trees are not used to it. I was standing out front with the kid (schools out several days cause folks can’t drive around here in good weather), and all you could hear was tree branches falling through the low canopies all around is. Even the tops of our trees look like they were ripped off by a monster.

We decided it sounded just like the T-Tex walking through the trees when they were up in the high hide in Jurassic park 2, or King Kong on skull island. Suddenly there was a small crack in front and above us. “Oh, let’s move back more kiddo, to be safe”. So we did and a decent size tree limb exploded and fell 10 feet away from us.

Fortunately I’d moved the cars out from under the trees early morning once I realized what was happening. We got 36 more hours of it then things warm up. I know this is nothing compared to what many of y’all are going through. What’s exciting for us is deadly for many. Our good thoughts and prayers are with everyone.

Ugh. A tree branch just landed on the roof enough to shake things up…gotta run.

View attachment 274651

View attachment 274652

View attachment 274653

Sorry to see those old oaks succumb to this cold snap..
But glad it wasn't any worse.

Lumberjack them into a pile and save them for firewood.

Stay warm down there.

Yikes, that's the air temperature?? Wow. The news says our windchill may be -30F on Saturday morning, but that's not the actual air temp. Stay warm!! We're in New England, but it's rare that we get below zero.
Good grief that is cold! It’s not really cold here, just sitting below freezing. This area just isn’t accustomed to events like this historically. These last few years though there’s been some bad winter storms hit. Man, take care of you and yours! Be safe!
Here in VT we‘re supposed to be -15° Friday with wind chills of 30-50° below zero. Bundle up!
🥶 ouch.

Good grief that is cold! It’s not really cold here, just sitting below freezing. This area just isn’t accustomed to events like this historically. These last few years though there’s been some bad winter storms hit. Man, take care of you and yours! Be safe!
Thanks, I'm hoping that school is canceled. lol

After temps below dip below zero, it all kinda feels the same in my opinion.

Thanks, I'm hoping that school is canceled. lol

After temps below dip below zero, it all kinda feels the same in my opinion.
Yeah my kids happy also. We can’t wait for it to start again 😑 she’s nuts.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back