Fireteam “Not another Fireteam build” Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never cared for the look of the Fireteam, definitely never planned to buy one. When the sale came around I laughed… and then the wheels started turning. I had been itching to build a Kraton XL… and the Fireteam has a lot of blacked out parts… yeah I ordered one, and a bunch of other crap too, so read on.

These nerds are gonna storm Santa’s workshop and then they’re done, no more Fireteam in this one.

View attachment 266952

Now that that is out of the way, here is kind of where I am.

View attachment 266953

View attachment 266954

Kraton body
Kraton wing and mount
6s Backflips
Kept the Fireteam front and rear bumpers. I like the look and the rear bumper surprisingly fits around the wing pretty nicely.

View attachment 266955

View attachment 266956

The handbrake is gone
The plastic chassis braces are gone, replaced with the cheap ones from eBay that take forever to get.
The servo and plastic mount are gone, replaced with a Typhon TLR mount. Thinking I will go with the same servo I have in my Mojave build.

View attachment 266958

View attachment 266959

The stock rx /tx is gone I’m going to pair it with my Radiolink RC6GS.

The motor/esc are also coming out, just haven’t gotten to it yet.
Really nice build! The white Kraton body 😍

What lenth spacers did you use to fit the body mounts. Are those 45mm?

Trying to come up with an original 3d printed idea for the grille just seems a hair out of my reach. I’ve never done anything with 3d printing really.

Really wanted a simple clean stealthy white/black look and I think I pulled it off without being too boring.

View attachment 274020

Well, if you think of something and would like me to assist/brainstorm in making it a reality, feel free to PM me.

Body is more or less done. Pretty simple but I’m really liking how it turned out. I might add a logo to the grille bar and do something with the grille area but I’m undecided. The grille area is currently clear. I almost did a black grille bar, but figured it may look a little odd so I went silver. Need to find something that looks factory for roof protection.

View attachment 273486

View attachment 273487
Man that thing looks goooooood. Got me considering the kraton body for my 2nd fireteam. I currently have the typhon one on there but man I think I might like this more! Love the fact that you don't have to cut clear stock bodies too. :ROFLMAO:

Man that thing looks goooooood. Got me considering the kraton body for my 2nd fireteam. I currently have the typhon one on there but man I think I might like this more! Love the fact that you don't have to cut clear stock bodies too. :ROFLMAO:
I’m really looking at the BasherQueen mount to be able to put the Kraton body on the Fireteam chassis. I’ve really grown to like the inside staying so clean though. My other truck bodies end up with a bunch of junk inside.

the BasherQueen mount to be able to put the Kraton body on the Fireteam chassis
Link, please? The Typhon body isn't going to cut it for me and my FT LMFAO. It does shave a lot of weight though:

PXL_20230130_164709381.jpg
PXL_20230130_175513013.jpg

Link, please? The Typhon body isn't going to cut it for me and my FT LMFAO. It does shave a lot of weight though:

View attachment 274270View attachment 274273
I shave a bunch of weight by switching to titanium screws. I went with cheap ones, not Gr5 for sure lol. It’s really surprising how much you save by switching the roll cage screws. I also did the m2.5 screws on the shell, it saved a little bit, but it’s mostly for looks. I’ll see if I can weigh it soon.

Here’s the mount - Kraton Body mount for Fireteam

I shave a bunch of weight by switching to titanium screws. I went with cheap ones, not Gr5 for sure lol. It’s really surprising how much you save by switching the roll cage screws. I also did the m2.5 screws on the shell, it saved a little bit, but it’s mostly for looks. I’ll see if I can weigh it soon.

Here’s the mount - Kraton Body mount for Fireteam
You almost shaved off a full ounce. @Moirae and I shaved off 1 pound + 12 and a half ounces! ;)

You almost shaved off a full ounce. @Moirae and I shaved off 1 pound + 12 and a half ounces! ;)
Haha, not exactly good price/performance. I actually had all but the m2.5’s on hand though.

The biggest reasoning for wanting to switch to the Kraton body is aerodynamic improvements, but I’m weighing that against the internals being almost spotless after a good run.

What does your stock body weigh Fozzy?

1 pound and 15-5/8 ounces or 899 grams on my scale. That -1lb and 12.5 oz pic above was the difference between the two bodies after I tared my scale w/ the FT body on it and then put the Typhon shell on the scale.

I don't have a scale to weigh the whole rig, but I will be ordering a 50-pound postal scale from amazon the next time I place an order there.

1 pound and 15-5/8 ounces or 899 grams on my scale. That -1lb and 12.5 oz pic above was the difference between the two bodies after I tared my scale w/ the FT body on it and then put the Typhon shell on the scale.

I don't have a scale to weigh the whole rig, but I will be ordering a 50-pound postal scale from amazon the next time I place an order there.
Perhaps a corner weight scale instead? It’ll let you weigh the whole rig and balance it with the same tool.

Do you know if I/we will also need to change the FireTeam F/R Soock Towers to Kraton towers?
I had the same question, after staring at pictures for far too long, I believe it will fit without issues. I’ve marked the 3 locations it should screw into.
235C3524-3D5A-41C2-BEA5-50120E011BCF.jpeg

58037C31-1A1F-4CFD-AD9E-BEB3A5FFFB46.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks for doing the research on that, that will make my wallet happy as he is a bit mad at me right now. :LOL:

What front aluminum brace did you get? I got the M2C and I’m having fitment issues. It’s simultaneously too short and too tall lol. It doesn’t reach far enough forward, and it sticks above the steering posts. I did force it to go on just to see, and it created binding on the driveshaft. It became difficult to spin the driveshaft by hand.
View attachment 273937View attachment 273936
Send those parts back to M2C for inspection. I bet they'll send you new ones if the parts are the problem.

Send those parts back to M2C for inspection. I bet they'll send you new ones if the parts are the problem.
I’ve been messaging them and sending pictures, I hope they can get it sorted. The other braces will work, but the t7075 options are very limited. I’d much prefer to have the t7075, and the only other option I see with the notch for the chassis is customrcupgrades. The shipping is quite a bit for this one item though.

View attachment 274270View attachment 274273
You talked me into it, I’m trading in my FT body! It definitely makes it top heavy, which affects jumping and overall handling from a higher center of gravity.
I was just about to order the BasherQueen mount to put the Kraton body on my chassis when I saw a post about an Infraction body on a Mojave. Since I have a FT that come with Kraton arms, I don’t believe I’ll need to add any hub extenders to make it work. I also ordered the Mojave side guards to help cut down on the dirt in the chassis. Thanks for helping to push me this way, I’ll update when I get all the parts in and installed.

Back