Fireteam “Not another Fireteam build” Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt05

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Mojave
  4. Outcast 8s
  5. Outcast EXB
  6. Typhon 6s
Never cared for the look of the Fireteam, definitely never planned to buy one. When the sale came around I laughed… and then the wheels started turning. I had been itching to build a Kraton XL… and the Fireteam has a lot of blacked out parts… yeah I ordered one, and a bunch of other crap too, so read on.

These nerds are gonna storm Santa’s workshop and then they’re done, no more Fireteam in this one.

4AB325CE-ADD2-4342-922E-53D287BD8D72.jpeg

Now that that is out of the way, here is kind of where I am.

C209E9F4-F1FB-4857-843C-2AE591DB7070.jpeg

C28C1066-E9FA-44E5-AA89-BEF88E34A3E3.jpeg

Kraton body
Kraton wing and mount
6s Backflips
Kept the Fireteam front and rear bumpers. I like the look and the rear bumper surprisingly fits around the wing pretty nicely.

6C9E5CAD-399E-4D60-A0BF-E803B1A1F7BA.jpeg

8DCA128D-DEF2-4D39-B796-36EF26C42916.jpeg

The handbrake is gone
The plastic chassis braces are gone, replaced with the cheap ones from eBay that take forever to get.
The servo and plastic mount are gone, replaced with a Typhon TLR mount. Thinking I will go with the same servo I have in my Mojave build.

2BE0C890-5E78-4D83-ABF4-12586733F1E2.jpeg

A48735DA-C76E-4B5E-99F2-563A408E38FD.jpeg

The stock rx /tx is gone I’m going to pair it with my Radiolink RC6GS.

The motor/esc are also coming out, just haven’t gotten to it yet.

I didn’t mention it, but in the last two photos you can see I swapped over to Mojave side guards as well. I wish the outer nerf bars from the Fireteam would work with the Mojave side guards cause I think it would give it a cool different look, but oh well.

I’m probably going to drill out the front chassis brace to accept a 4mm screw as well. Just kind of in the mock up/making sure stuff works phase yet.

Great job so far , looking forward to finished product and maybe a running video !!!!

I’ll keep everyone updated, like most of my builds, it’ll be slow.

Kind of looks cool with the clear body!

It does, clear bodies always look cool to me, but I kind of have a vision for this one that I want to see to the end.

Man that’s saaaweet!

Are those the Kinghobby chassis braces? Are yours machined wrong too? Mine do not sit flat on the chassis. I honestly don't think I should even run the Fireteam with them like that.

Last edited:
Are those the Kinghobby chassis braces? Are yours machined wrong too? Mine do not sit flat on the chassis. I honestly don't think I should even run the Fireteam with them like that.

Yes they are, mine seemed fine when I installed them. I’ll have to take a closer look to be sure. I still can’t believe Arrma stuck the plastic ones on it in the first place.

I’d love to do something crazy with my fireteam. First I should learn how to shim my diffs and change my shock oil! 😂

Once you dig into them, everything is pretty simple really. I think I have almost everything here to finish this one, just not enough time.

BasherQueen makes a mount that will allow you to easily mount a Kraton body on the Fireteam chassis.

Indeed, but my extended mounts work just fine, and at a fraction of the cost. Plus I like the “hot rod/minimal” look of them a little better than the basherqueen mount.

Had some time to make a little big of progress on this. I’ve got the body mostly prepared for paint (need one more coat of liquid mask).

6098C845-9251-40DD-BB50-F596BF0EB819.jpeg

Had to get rid of the red and reinforce the tower to tower brace with some carbon fiber tubing.

34DC2D8B-A064-42EC-827E-AD5A84A0378D.jpeg

Got the Nimod (9imod?) servo installed. Same servo I’m using in my Mojave and it works beautifully and is decently priced.

EB7FF731-86AF-4EE3-B33A-75EE6D857E3C.jpeg

Things were going so smoothly I decided to try and get the MMX8s and 4th dimension esc mount installed. The 4th dimension mount is pretty boss, unfortunately it does not appear to work with the Fireteam chassis. I thought I read somewhere the motor mount was further to the passenger side on the Fireteam and because of that the esc mount won’t work in it’s factory orientation.

21BF4509-783C-4427-BBAC-47056AF47B22.jpeg

So at this point I guess I have a few options

A) Ditch the 4th dimension mount. Not super keen on this idea, really like how secure the esc is.

B) Swap chassis with my Mojave which has an m2c chassis. I doubt I will ever bend a stock chassis with the Mojave. But tearing down two trucks and swapping parts for some reason seems like a lot of work.

C) Nut up and buy an m2c chassis for this NotAFireteam build.

I’m kind of leaning towards option B at the moment. If m2c would hurry up and have another sale I’d say screw it and do option C. I don’t know, I guess it’s a decision for another day.

Well I caved and went with option C. The TP 4070 1700kv motor came in yesterday. I should have or have ordered everything I need to finish.

The body is about 85% done. Few more things to do and then I’ll throw it on for some glamour shots.

Body is more or less done. Pretty simple but I’m really liking how it turned out. I might add a logo to the grille bar and do something with the grille area but I’m undecided. The grille area is currently clear. I almost did a black grille bar, but figured it may look a little odd so I went silver. Need to find something that looks factory for roof protection.

F1DD6FC2-641E-487D-BF28-75D6DF467031.jpeg

6E357A22-D58E-43D6-9886-3CA78355A755.jpeg

What front aluminum brace did you get? I got the M2C and I’m having fitment issues. It’s simultaneously too short and too tall lol. It doesn’t reach far enough forward, and it sticks above the steering posts. I did force it to go on just to see, and it created binding on the driveshaft. It became difficult to spin the driveshaft by hand.
1AE5D4EA-D12C-471E-B802-C2ED52A41A39.jpeg
34EEA4EC-D69E-424C-BD0D-D0BD6AAA4903.jpeg

View attachment 271944

Got the Nimod (9imod?) servo installed. Same servo I’m using in my Mojave and it works beautifully and is decently priced.

View attachment 271954

Things were going so smoothly I decided to try and get the MMX8s and 4th dimension esc mount installed. The 4th dimension mount is pretty boss, unfortunately it does not appear to work with the Fireteam chassis. I thought I read somewhere the motor mount was further to the passenger side on the Fireteam and because of that the esc mount won’t work in it’s factory orientation.

View attachment 271963

So at this point I guess I have a few options

A) Ditch the 4th dimension mount. Not super keen on this idea, really like how secure the esc is.

B) Swap chassis with my Mojave which has an m2c chassis. I doubt I will ever bend a stock chassis with the Mojave. But tearing down two trucks and swapping parts for some reason seems like a lot of work.

C) Nut up and buy an m2c chassis for this NotAFireteam build.

I’m kind of leaning towards option B at the moment. If m2c would hurry up and have another sale I’d say screw it and do option C. I don’t know, I guess it’s a decision for another day.

Would you happen to have a link to those servos?

Body is more or less done. Pretty simple but I’m really liking how it turned out. I might add a logo to the grille bar and do something with the grille area but I’m undecided. The grille area is currently clear. I almost did a black grille bar, but figured it may look a little odd so I went silver. Need to find something that looks factory for roof protection.

View attachment 273486

View attachment 273487

Love the Brutishly simple appearance 🦍

Have you perhaps considered 3D printing something for the front grill?

Never cared for the look of the Fireteam, definitely never planned to buy one. When the sale came around I laughed… and then the wheels started turning. I had been itching to build a Kraton XL… and the Fireteam has a lot of blacked out parts… yeah I ordered one, and a bunch of other crap too, so read on.

These nerds are gonna storm Santa’s workshop and then they’re done, no more Fireteam in this one.

View attachment 266952

Now that that is out of the way, here is kind of where I am.

View attachment 266953

View attachment 266954

Kraton body
Kraton wing and mount
6s Backflips
Kept the Fireteam front and rear bumpers. I like the look and the rear bumper surprisingly fits around the wing pretty nicely.

View attachment 266955

View attachment 266956

The handbrake is gone
The plastic chassis braces are gone, replaced with the cheap ones from eBay that take forever to get.
The servo and plastic mount are gone, replaced with a Typhon TLR mount. Thinking I will go with the same servo I have in my Mojave build.

View attachment 266958

View attachment 266959

The stock rx /tx is gone I’m going to pair it with my Radiolink RC6GS.

The motor/esc are also coming out, just haven’t gotten to it yet.
Nice looking rig. I am in the middle of doing the same basic thing. I got a bunch of parts on the way, and a handful more to order, except mine will likely be set up to run on the road.

What front aluminum brace did you get? I got the M2C and I’m having fitment issues. It’s simultaneously too short and too tall lol. It doesn’t reach far enough forward, and it sticks above the steering posts. I did force it to go on just to see, and it created binding on the driveshaft. It became difficult to spin the driveshaft by hand.
View attachment 273937View attachment 273936

I’ve got the cheapo eBay ones.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/234554842554

Some people have fitment issues with them, I didn’t at least. Shipping took a little longer than I would have liked, but oh well.

Would you happen to have a link to those servos?

Love the Brutishly simple appearance 🦍

Have you perhaps considered 3D printing something for the front grill?

This is the one I’m running.

https://www.amazon.com/9imod-Servo-...=B09B726QTM&psc=1&ref_=pd_bap_m_grid_rp_0_1_i

Trying to come up with an original 3d printed idea for the grille just seems a hair out of my reach. I’ve never done anything with 3d printing really.

Really wanted a simple clean stealthy white/black look and I think I pulled it off without being too boring.

240C0E33-7CB0-4804-9139-27B723314877.jpeg

Back