Typhon “Spare parts” Typhon 6s build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ivgot2manyRC

What’s cooking in the Arrma kitchen?
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Felony
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Mojave
  5. Outcast 6s
  6. Senton 6s
  7. Talion
  8. Typhon 6s
So I enjoying building new things and I’m always looking for a solid deal. I found another typhon roller for 175$ It was wrecked and they clearly didn’t wanna fix it. Luckily for me I’ve got tons of spare parts from all my rigs. I’m torn between turning it into another senton 6s as I have all the proper “stock” parts to build one. Or maybe stretch it onto something else and make a “hybrid”. I like the idea of Mojave arms & Kraton hubs & stubs too widen it. I’m not sure what it’s purpose will be, I already have one set up for the street so I think this will be an off-road rig.

My goal for this build is not to spend any more $$$$$$ then I already have lol 😂 . And only use the parts that I have or that I’ve bought or accumulated and didn’t use over time. Ive got a mamba esc & blx motor I’m gonna use with a Amazon servo. Nothing crazy. I say this now but we’ll see how it goes.

Here’s what I’m working with so far. Options are endless between all the rigs I have and extra chassis’s but Idk what to do! Looks like Kraton hubs & stubs & hexs might get used, haven’t needed them for the Kraton yet 🤞

First thing first, the diffs are absolutely gonna need serviced, I recommend checking the diffs of a used car especially off eBay etc. I can already tell the previous owner ran this car hard and wrecked it before something needed serviced. So the diff fluid is stock etc what’s left of it anyways they seem empty. Can’t wait to start on this bad boy this weekend!

5E914DC8-316B-4FA7-80E2-4055C7B20844.png

58E0228B-2C4B-4FFA-9039-6C78679CA184.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

B14C9873-B3ED-4A58-B371-FB821E0A4E11.jpeg

Sounds fun, whatever it turns out to be. My notorious changes builds. Love messing with things

So I’ve decided to stretch it on a Kraton chassis that’s as far as I’ve gotten just too see what that’s like I don’t really wanna make a another rig for the street since ive got quite a few.

I went ahead and ordered JBI senton 6s towers, since those body mounts work nicely with a lot of bodies. So that might help with deciding on what this is going to be.

Also tried Mojave side guards on Kraton chassis they worked but the body pops off a little, and the backs would need trimmed down but I don’t see why it wouldn’t work if you wanted them to, could see them helping keep rocks etc out of the back of the stretched typhon bodies.
5B9CAB99-56A7-4267-9A61-37B3EE996AD5.jpeg

I’ve seen a lot of people doing mini Mojave’s too so I thought about that as well here’s a nice pic of the material you’d have too remove for the arms to sit level, seems like just that bump is enough, I’d make it flush with the arm, just back the grub screw out a little at a time if your worries about taking to much.
03F03056-690F-4552-9692-35437426126A.jpeg
62F62F4E-FF76-441E-84C1-9EF44EFFEE6A.jpeg
The body sat a little nicer just by trimming the corners of the body on the front.
32F691E2-0647-4D0E-9962-F2A9459B382F.jpeg

Stretched Body mounts M3x55mm stand offs
https://www.rcracinginnovations.com/
For the screws.

E68B1E1C-EA7D-4004-84A4-EDB30F552166.jpeg

6AE4F751-68ED-4E80-BD9C-85A787F85655.jpeg

Mojave- v5 kraton - v3 talion - swb typhon
5077FDD1-8C65-4E93-AC1F-327DFEF271AD.jpeg

EC40863F-C0D2-4D16-B81A-E4F70FA84582.jpeg

Mojave side skirts- just a mock up. Almost considered going to 1/7 chassis and limitless body. But the goal was to use what I’ve got. Because I’ve literally got way to much Arrma stuff. Only thing I don’t have is a limitless body tho lol
DA86C226-10F1-4364-B7E3-62AC34EBE95E.jpeg

Any ideas is greatly appreciated I’m always willing to try something new.
As of now it’s looks like
Arrma parts -
Kraton - v5 chassis
Typhon - shocks/arms
Kraton - hubs/stubs/hexs

but I’ve got a little bit of everything too use literally, just been super busy lately and the weather has been rain rain 💩 🌧 so it’s nice to have a side project.

I believe the options are endless at this point. And to anyone just starting out it’s a lot easier than it looks. Everything I’ve learned has been from just trying. But reading and researching on the forum is the best tool available. I don’t really spend a lot of time on here like some other guys, but I try to share what I’ve built maybe help someone else out. ⚙️💸🚭🏎🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back