Big Rock 💪 BIG PAPA LONG ROCK 32" stretched speedster build. KING OF ALL ROCKS 👍

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you don't mind me asking asking what were your reasons for picking this one and what were the other choices you were considering?
So I've been planning on upgrading to a 4s system and I originally wanted to stay in the spectrum firma line but after researching and a lot of advice I decided to go with Mamba monster 2 because it's just a far better choice. with the option of the castle link.which is free with the coupon inside the box.i got a good deal on this and I couldn't pass it up.along with I read a lot that spectrum firma had some issues on there 4s ESCs were catching on fire.some said just moments of installing the firma 150 and the 130 and also the 120 amp had faulty ESC and just a few minutes after a few 20 feet the cars would stop and they saw flames from the esc .looked like the resisters or caps.so I didn't want to take a chance.i put a lot of time and money into this build and thats the last thing I need is to loose it all due to poor quality.i started a thread on to which ESC is better .either castle or spectrum firma .and from what I got was basically castle or the hobbywing max 8 .for bashing many choose the max 8 and is probably the most sought ESC out there.but many had messaged me saying the MM2 would be a great option.its got plenty of power for what I need .I added a lot of weight to this build and the 3s stock system just ain't enough.i must say I have had awesome luck with the stock blx 3s .no issues with heating.but I need 4s and I got a awesome deal on this so I took it.hope this helps in answering your question.👍😁
There were other systems that were suggested but from them all it came down to MM2 or the max 8 .the max8 combo is a little more but I believe I made a great choice.im only a moderate speed runner.i don't plan to push this build more than 60.im totally happy with that speed.its controllable and still fast enough to put a smile on my face.😁

Last edited:
That’s gonna be a ripper! Congrats on the new electrics.
Thank you.oh boy I can't wait..I never calibrated a esc and motor so hopefully all the beeps don't confuse me 🤣.this is the largest purchase I made for this build .I hope it's what everyone says it is ..

Unboxing of MM2 and the castle 2650 .won't be putting it yet since I still have some things on the inside of the chassis I need to do but at least when I'm ready for it it's available.the motor feels so nice to hold.😁 Great quality.

IMG_20230215_212725828.jpg

IMG_20230215_161708922.jpg

IMG_20230215_161626748.jpg

I'm going to try to get that castle link adapter but the coupon that came in the box has expired and I didn't buy this from castle it self so not sure if I'll be able to get it for free but I'll try.if not I'll just buy one..

When I bought the vortex bulk heads from Jenny's the package also came with chassis side guards has no plans to install them on the rear and started looking at them and I had a vision.i mentioned this back on page 2 or 3 not sure but I told you guys I would let you all know what I planned to do with them so this is what they will be for .I'm making side winglets for the front air splitter .I'll let the pictures tell the story how I did it . tomorrow I will be drilling mounting holes and then carbon fiber wrap them to match the splitter.i didn't want to have the winglets pointing straight up .I wanted them to be at a slight angle and these side guards has that exact angle I wanted and a perfect shape .so a little customizing and some modding and my vision will come to life..I'll show final product tomorrow.👍

IMG_20230207_190542043.jpg

IMG_20230207_190604703.jpg

IMG_20230213_213549440.jpg

IMG_20230212_182635468~2.jpg

IMG_20230212_182505998.jpg

One of the pics I circled in red I removed the mounting tab hole and made it nice and flush .used a dremel to cut most of it off then a barrel sander and then last I used a box cutter knife to smooth it all the way around gave it some nice round edges and then I wet sanded it all down .

Last edited:
I continue to be fascinated by your vision of your car and your creativity, thanks for sharing with us.
I appreciate those kind words my brotha.it pushes me forward .👍😁
I've been designing some ideas on lettering style for the side skirts decals .which ever one I go with I'll take this my local vinyl shop and have decals made.color will be red ..would be sweet if they were cut out of red carbon fiber film .🤔 Decal will be around 13.5" x1"

Attachments

• IMG_20230219_201155741.jpg
    IMG_20230219_201155741.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20230219_201121709.jpg
    IMG_20230219_201121709.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20230219_201035598.jpg
    IMG_20230219_201035598.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20230219_192854354.jpg
    IMG_20230219_192854354.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Keep up the good work, looking forward to seeing how your splitter wings turn out (y)
Hell yeah my brotha😁👍 thank you for stopping by and checking my progress.i appreciate it.ill get them finished and installed tonight.also post a few pics of some modding of done to the body.been holding that back a little due to not knowing which way to go cause I had a few ideas but I think I finally picked one.😁👍.stay tuned for more Big Papa long Rock's transformation.

@Senton_Prime can you explain what are you suggesting about rubber grommets? I'm a little confused.did I ask something in this thread or another about them? If I did I'll need my over whelmed brain to be refreshed 🤣🤣 thanks

Not expected but I got my spanking bran new silver aluminum shocks .they look so sweet .lm excited to get these on.this install should bring my axle drive shafts back to normal balance angle.im just throwing these on to see how they look but will take them back out to fill with the proper oil..if someone could tell me the correct oil weight for rear and front shocks plz tell me.im clueless to this .would vegetable oil work 🤣
I was going to get red aluminum but for some reason I ended going with the silver ..didn't want everything to be red so aluminum should set it off right matching the aluminum center brace I made

Well I'll be back in a bit going to throw these on
Also going to buy some red flex tube for the ram air hood scoop to the esc cooling fan .been really thinking of a simple easy way to get air to your esc cooler and effectively.and I'm apologize that I haven't been showing to much on the fabrication of the body but it's because I have multiple ideas and I so damn fkin indecisive that I can't choose .that and everytime I look at it I have a nother idea and stop working on the last idea 🥴😜🤪
.yup goofy ass me .no worries .I got suttin you all will love when I'm done .😬
I must say these shocks have real good springs because when I compress them it feels like when they are with oil and honestly almost feel for what I do I won't need to fill them.for the little bit of un eveness on the road I feel these will work fine ..let's seee
Love the ways these shocks look on the truck
I'm one of them people's that sees things out of nothing that most people just throw away every day. I was doing laundry and I ran out of laundry detergent and started looking at the bottle..and I saw something I could make .🤔 I love making things and the plastic on this is pretty solid and rigid and the more I looked at it all of sudden I saw something right in front of my face was a hood blower scoop I could make from the Handel and the part it was connected to ..here is some pics of my crazy ass vision.looks like a blower from like a american drag muscle car 🤣🤟💪🇺🇸.I'm going to clean it up and trim it flush to my big rocks hood .and then paint it glossy black..Ive been thinking of making a real working ram air hood scoop and I have now 2 hood scoops to work with ..this one will look just crazy rediculous that I'm sure no other big rock will come to compare ..the whole stock body is like no other.and that's what I'm aiming for..I want this build to be something no one has ever seen before...it won't be perfect because nothing is but it's going to be a wow factor for sure .🤟😁👍
Tons of people out there that can easily print something that will look better than my cutting plastic skills can.but I like to custom things my way.. honestly this isn't hard to do .find a nice bottle that's thick and make parts.buy a nice set of sizzors and a Dremel and some sand paper . shaping these parts is where the labor is.. thinking of what you want it to look like is the easy part.so I have two scoops and I'm not sure which one to go with..the other one is from the 2nd stock big rock body I mutilated to extend the bed side of this beast.if you go back in page 4 I believe there is a pic of the hood I cut in to 3 peices to make a raised hood scoop.i am going to lay down red racing stripes along the top of these scoops running through the whole bed and some of the nose.cant waite to get that started,sorry I jump around a lot from one thing to another but that's just how I am 🤣🤣🤣silly ass me ..I wish I was more organized in my build but I just work on what my heart wants to at the moment.here is pics of the other hood scoop I'm making .I have to make the sides .fan will be installed under side on the original good.then I'll put that flex tube/ red in color down to the esc ..cool that female dog down.i hope.
I need to trim and sand down all peices before putting them together.ill join them by epoxy..which is sandable .I'll cut out the hole for the red flex tube in the stock good tomorrow and drill 4 holes for the fan.. waiting on the red flex tube to come in from mail.
So plz let me know which one you think would work or look best .. because I can't decide.i love them both.. probably the big blower would work best because of the front opening is larger and it would provide more flow to the esc..the other one I'm just cutting a little in the front don't have much material to cut from but should be enough..I'm hoping the fan sounds cool inside the scoop

View attachment 266970

View attachment 266971

View attachment 266972

View attachment 266973

View attachment 266974

View attachment 266975

View attachment 266976

View attachment 266977

View attachment 266980

View attachment 266981

View attachment 266982

View attachment 266983
Something inside me wants to like the blue one, have you tried heating it up and making the top flat like a blower intake?

Last edited:
Love the ways these shocks look on the truck

Something inside me wants to like the blue one, have you tried heating it up and making the top flat like a blower intake?
Thanks .and yes I did actually did heat it up and flattened it down .it did have more of a round shape to it..I can try to do it some more but it's already painted black and I don't want to burn the paint.

Promised my self I wouldn't spend anymore money on this build for a bit but you all know how that goes.not that I needed to but I bought 2 carbon fiber battery trays with aluminum front and rear guards with red straps.yup add more un needed weight 🤣.I was going to get red straps anyways and the price for these were reasonable . hopefully they fit my lipos .if not I'll have to modd them up.👍

Screenshot_20230227-225107.png

Should get these by next week . hopefully sooner👍

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230228-073135.png
    Screenshot_20230228-073135.png
    213.2 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_20230228-070802.png
    Screenshot_20230228-070802.png
    558.1 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Back