Big Rock 💪 BIG PAPA LONG ROCK 32" stretched speedster build. KING OF ALL ROCKS 👍

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally got around to wrapping the front winglets I made in carbon fiber wrap .

IMG_20230301_223121957.jpg

IMG_20230302_213721409.jpg

IMG_20230301_223435120.jpg

I pre glued them on the front splitter so I can predrill the screw holes in the right spots . figured it would help so I don't have to hold the winglets while drilling the holes and worry about it shifting and making a holes in the wrong location..well I woke up this morning and I removed the clamps and they look nice but after looking at it head on looks like the right side winglet is more forward than the left..so I grabbed my T square and yup it is by a 1/4 ". Have no clue how that happened.a set back that pisses me off 😭well you live and learn .part of this hobby I guess.ill post more pics later.at least I didn't drill the holes yet so that's the good news but now I have to de glue off the splitter and start all over again.i used gorilla glue and it takes 24 hours to set .yup one day wasted .

I pre glued them on the front splitter so I can predrill the screw holes in the right spots . figured it would help so I don't have to hold the winglets while drilling the holes and worry about it shifting and making a holes in the wrong location..well I woke up this morning and I removed the clamps and they look nice but after looking at it head on looks like the right side winglet is more forward than the left..so I grabbed my T square and yup it is by a 1/4 ". Have no clue how that happened.a set back that pisses me off 😭well you live and learn .part of this hobby I guess.ill post more pics later.at least I didn't drill the holes yet so that's the good news but now I have to de glue off the splitter and start all over again.i used gorilla glue and it takes 24 hours to set .yup one day wasted .
Bummer! Good lesson to check things multiple times, but sorry it happened that way.

Bummer! Good lesson to check things multiple times, but sorry it happened that way.
I gave it a visual check and normally my eyes are pretty set on but I was wrong this time .most work I'll have is to remove the gorilla glue from the back side.no biggie nothing a razor blade and some isopropyl alcohol can't handle.😁👍

I looked at that one also but the wep 927 comes with pretty everything I need for now and the price was worth it.its just a starter for now and it's not like I'll be soldering all the time.at least I got my first one. I'll do the connectors first and I have led harness's that need to be extended

Parts update..
Still waiting on the CF battery trays to come in should be here by next Thursday..and the soldering station will also be here around the same time .good to know the soldering station is made in the u.s quality should be appreciated.mean while today I'm going to look around and order some EC5 connectors .and I might have to get new lipos with EC5 connectors on them because I don't want to use adapters and I'm not going to mess with soldering in connectors on to lipos.seems risky especially when I've never done it and I don't need something blowing up in my face . spring 🌼🌱 is around the corner.and I need to get this 4 s system installed..think I also need new bearings and diffs .I'll have to look into it .stay tuned my people I shall return👍😁

Oh yeah boyz .checked my delivery status and I should be getting my carbon fiber battery trays this afternoon.im excited 😆 .as soon as I get them I'm posting 👍 oh and I think tomorrow should be coming in the soldering station to

It's in my first soldering station all assembled and ready to use .😁👍turned it on and heats up quick .put the soldering spool on and only thing I don't like is how the tube that goes in the solder spool keeps popping off if I pull on the solder .poor design.nothing holds the top of tube in place .it just sits on a u shape cut out on the side holders.ive seen toilet paper holders with a better design than this🥺.over all i like everything else.im happy 😁

16790160027811140644327250484174.jpg

16790160541632111255016369847462.jpg

Just need to wait for the EC5 connectors to come in and heat shrink tubes 😁👍
Shrink tubing should be here this Saturday.im excited to get the castle motor on the MM2 .😁👍
😁

Attachments

• IMG_20230316_204654028.jpg
    IMG_20230316_204654028.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20230316_210023350.jpg
    IMG_20230316_210023350.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20230316_211156877.jpg
    IMG_20230316_211156877.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20230315_213857272.jpg
    IMG_20230315_213857272.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_20230315-101948.png
    Screenshot_20230315-101948.png
    231.9 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_20230313-052344.png
    Screenshot_20230313-052344.png
    607.2 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot_20230313-052315.png
    Screenshot_20230313-052315.png
    275.7 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
I keep finding my self buying things for this build and I haven't really put a total amount on how much I've spent .just been buying little by little .but I bet if I were to add it all up it's definitely up there . probably just about 1k .funny how we don't really think about how much we spend on this hobby..but we love it and it's a addiction..a good one👍😁

I keep finding my self buying things for this build and I haven't really put a total amount on how much I've spent .just been buying little by little .but I bet if I were to add it all up it's definitely up there . probably just about 1k .funny how we don't really think about how much we spend on this hobby..but we love it and it's a addiction..a good one👍😁

It is like that isnt it. Little bit here, little bit there, oh i just need this tool and that tool and before you know it.

You need to get yourself a 3d printer so when you come across things like your bad spool holder you can be like Tex and just design and print a fix/better version.

It is like that isnt it. Little bit here, little bit there, oh i just need this tool and that tool and before you know it.

You need to get yourself a 3d printer so when you come across things like your bad spool holder you can be like Tex and just design and print a fix/better version.

Yeah.. It's Exactly like that ;) 🍺

It's in my first soldering station all assembled and ready to use .😁👍turned it on and heats up quick .put the soldering spool on and only thing I don't like is how the tube that goes in the solder spool keeps popping off if I pull on the solder .poor design.nothing holds the top of tube in place .it just sits on a u shape cut out on the side holders.ive seen toilet paper holders with a better design than this🥺.over all i like everything else.im happy 😁

View attachment 285933

View attachment 285934
Just need to wait for the EC5 connectors to come in and heat shrink tubes 😁👍
Shrink tubing should be here this Saturday.im excited to get the castle motor on the MM2 .😁👍
😁

A pair of rubber bands looped around the bottom of the spool holder and up around both ends of that tube should make it behave & stay in place!

Yes your absolutely correct but I'm not that great with computers and I don't think I have the patience or the intelligence to design something like that. @Tex Koder knows what he is doing that's his expertise.his talent.some have it others don't.my talents are on based on other things.plus 3d printing sounds expensive and unless your allways making things I just don't see the need for it .I'll take that money and put it towards this hobby 😁 besides if want something I'll have Tex do it ..it's a lot easier 👍
A pair of rubber bands looped around the bottom of the spool holder and up around both ends of that tube should make it behave & stay in place!
Bro that's a awesome idea .👍😁.I love it .I'll have to find some black rubber bands or elastics because my OCD will kick in seeing the tan rubber bands.ill keep thinking its broken and that will drive me nuts🤣🤣I'll go to the hardware store today.thank you

Back