Kraton šŸ”„Exb unboxing.. Finally!!šŸ”„

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love my Amazon store card for 6 month to 1 year interest free financing. Even better that places like amain accept Amazon pay so I still get to use the card.

The piece at the end of the battery slides up so you can slide the battery inside more. Dunno if you knew but in your pic it's not slid in. =D
I had to slide the one on the back out, are u sure it will slide forward more.. The front is touching the receiver box??
Im an idiot i didnt know the front one slide up!! HaašŸ¤¦

Attachments

• 20211205_144058_HDR.jpg
    20211205_144058_HDR.jpg
    277.9 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Acima isn't the way to go, either buy it outright or use the easy pay on horizonhobby. Anything else is better than using Acima.
Regardless awesome enjoy!
So that bad side is.. @Mazduh3 prolly didnt pay it off in 90 days, and since its a contract pretty much they took his arms and legs even if he tried to pay the rest of what he owed, so in reality if it was a 500 rc, it now became a 1000 dollar rc that is paid on every month but with prolly a 30% interest rate on top of other fees, and it turns into a year long payment!!
Thats why i said to only use them if u can pay in 3 months!!
Paypal offers a 6 months same as cash on their credit line, and they wont short u on a limit, just do not go overboard and out of your budget range, i think mine was 2400šŸ’°šŸ’°
Incorrect.. paid off less than a month's time. The actual problem I get paid weekly. šŸ™„ and my direct deposit doesn't hit until after midnight so. Auto pay was set up for Friday's. But getting pulled out of the amount on Thursday. They tried to get late fee on it.. but each to there own šŸ™„

So this is what i got so far.. i didnt know but the motor seems a little small for this tank, So Im not sure if i will use it, prolly will cuz its all i got haa!! I did not get a pinion with it, does anyone else know if it is suppose to come with one!!?@slick2500 @Shookknight20 , u guys get one with yours!! I thought it came with one!?
Also plan on ordering the sr6100at soon.. And of coarse a servo!?
Whats the best diff fluid i should get front to back.. I know someone told me a few days back what they use but i cant find the thread! General bashing most likely!!šŸ˜¤

20211205_170501_HDR.jpg

I didn't get one either. Apparently the newer ones don't come with it.

I didn't get a pinion with mine, and make sure you buy the right servo that's a 23 tooth horn. I have the Spektrum 6s electronics from my infraction in mine, 20 tooth pinion. It rips! I have a hard time keeping the front planted period. Pulls a wheelie at any speed. Standing flips etc.. the 160 amp with the 1250kv Spektrum setup was way too much in my opinion. 8s was an untamed animal I immediately put my 6s setup in there. I mean I like power but I also like not destroying something 25 minutes after it comes outta the box.

IMG_20211116_202050427_HDR.jpg

I didn't get a pinion with mine, and make sure you buy the right servo that's a 23 tooth horn. I have the Spektrum 6s electronics from my infraction in mine, 20 tooth pinion. It rips! I have a hard time keeping the front planted period. Pulls a wheelie at any speed. Standing flips etc.. the 160 amp with the 1250kv Spektrum setup was way too much in my opinion. 8s was an untamed animal I immediately put my 6s setup in there. I mean I like power but I also like not destroying something 25 minutes after it comes outta the box.

View attachment 184355
Baahaaa thats hilarious!! šŸ¤£
Good looks, cuz i thought it was a 25!!

And I didn't go through the trouble of checking anything as far as the diffs go, I did make sure everything was good and tight. 3 charges through it and hasn't skipped a beat. I'm sure I'm destroying something I'm unaware of but when that leaf falls I'll handle it. I put both my senton and infraction through absolute hell before something broke. The infraction blew a tire at 95 and decided to take flight into a telephone pole. Then the senton never really completely broke, it just started losing pieces like the bumpers wheelie bar.. then the esc took a dump so I put my mamba x in there and that woke it up. So idk so far even though arrma seems to have some faults. I just send it .
Not recommend for everyone

Well i already had to drill out the hole on the esc tab.. The screw was going in crooked and it would of tore up the side of the esc, dumb design!! Little bit of blue loctite and we will call it good!!šŸ˜Ž

Anyone know why three of the 4 hex have a bunch of slop in them and how to correct the issue.. not sideways slop but in and out!?

20211205_200410.jpg

20211205_200435_HDR.jpg

20211205_200509.jpg

Last edited:
Well i already had to drill out the hole on the esc tab.. The screw was going in crooked and it would of tore up the side of the esc, dumb design!! Little bit of blue loctite and we will call it good!!šŸ˜Ž

Anyone know why three of the 4 hex have a bunch of slop in them and how to correct the issue.. not sideways slop but in and out!?

View attachment 184372

View attachment 184373

View attachment 184374
Shims.. I think that these things are overlooked (by Arrma) since it's a basher with large tires, and it takes more time/money to shim out at the factory.
In my experience,even after shimming everything out, it doesn't take long for the slop to come back if you really send it..
Should be 8mm axles if I remember correctly..

@Senton_Prime, The slop you see at the the hexes are an inherent flaw IMHO . Many consider normal however at the price point of these 6s rigs. All 6s rigs have this to some extent. If it bothers you, you can place diff shims behind the outer hub BB's. One or 2 will usually do it. Not too tight however. Need a tick of side play. I think the Hubs being plastic composite have mfr'ing mold inconsistencies, or can even be inconsistent CNC'ing of the hex adapters. So some have more or less of this slop. Is what it is. You are not alone. I have my out the box New TLRT Typhon on the bench now. Only one hex adapter is looser than the rest. Perhaps I will shim as needed after an initial break-in to seat all first. BTW all 3 of my TLRT diffs were low on oil. Check yours. I also have a slightly warped ((bowed at center) TLRT chassis and a bad warped rear diff cup. So there is gear chatter at one point of the rear axel rotation. One diff shim did not help. Make sure your drive train spins smoothly, I use a drill with a 17mm socket to spin one axel to see if there is any binding from the factory assy. Check yours. Also slowly rotate by hand. Best to remove the center shafts to isolate the F and R axlels for this. I have many 6s rigs, this is commonly found here and there with these rigs out the box.

Some don't really mind or notice the hex adapter slop. FWIW. You are observant enough. And can correct it if it matters enough to you.
I feel the CopperHead 2 tires suck. Just some additional food for thought. Try them out. See how you like them. I feel they make the Kraton clumsey, especially Steering wise. Balloon like a bastard as well. And the foams suck. Consider BackFlip LP's down the road. The CH 2's will probably fail early on also anyway as did mine. Make sure they are glued well before you even drive them. Add CA as necessary. More food for thought.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back