🤔WHAT IS MORE ADDICTIVE ❓THIS HOBBY OR THIS FORUM 😁👍

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love this forum, I've only been on one other forum in my life that I liked as much and that was around 20 years ago! 🤣 Seriously I thought forums were dead but this one is simply great. Plenty of activity, tons of knowledge, fast answers for most questions asked along with multiple opinions each time from people with different perspectives/preferences/etc in the rc game.

I spend far more time on this forum than anything else I do with a screen.

I love this forum, I've only been on one other forum in my life that I liked as much and that was around 20 years ago! 🤣 Seriously I thought forums were dead but this one is simply great. Plenty of activity, tons of knowledge, fast answers for most questions asked along with multiple opinions each time from people with different perspectives/preferences/etc in the rc game.

I spend far more time on this forum than anything else I do with a screen.
They had forums back 20 years ago? Omg there wasn't even internet back then 🤣🤣🤣

Wondering if you guys feel the same way I do..
This is probably the 123rd? (guesstimate) forum I have been 'addicted' to. Thankfully I barely ever got addicted to Social Media apps before I realized it was a plague and nuked all those apps from my phone and favorites.
I remember the day dad upgraded us from a 14.4k to a 56k modem. The neighbors came over to see how fast it was.
lulz. I had an Atari 1600? 3200? 'PC' back in the 80's and was envious of the guys with the Commodore 64's.

My first modern PC with my Ex (late 90's IIRC) was a Dell 333mhz CPU, 64? MB (not GB) of RAM, and some tiny 128 or 256 maybe GB HDD,... with a printer and monitor, and dial up modem... I think it cost us 2.5k?

Equally addictive for me. I’ve picked up 5 RC’s since getting back into the hobby around the holidays.

This forum has been awesome and I spend a good amount of time cruising around for info. Everyone I’ve encountered has been extremely helpful, and just super nice. Completely different experience coming from the car forums where money and ego seem to rule.

So, to all of the members here, thank you for helping us noobs get up and running so we can enjoy the hobby as well!

Met wife on Aol chat room in 1998. Had internet in 94 or 95 I believe.
Damn 1995 I was a junior in high school.computers we had then were in black white only.no color.and there was no internet .I reamember having to insert a floppy disc in it.actually sorry I believe the letters on the screen were like a green color but that was about the only color I ever saw .gave me a headache 🤣.great excuse to leave the class to check out the hot nurse.i was in there very often trying to full fill my fantasy of hooken up with her🤣🤣🤣 ..didn't go as planned..lol she was already sleeping with the principal .shucks.

Sure there was internet… I was the king of clever AIM away messages.
I have no clue what that is lol.must have been before my time😁
You guys make this community amazing. The RC hobby is so thankful to have people like you in it and that fact that you guys hang out here is very humbling.
Thanks @WoodiE 👍 we all appreciate this awesome forum.its the best and no other forum can compare.and we all appreciate great community leaders like your self 😁👍 ARRMA FORUM and ARRMA RC RULES🤟👏👏👏👏👏
Where else would we all hang out on a rainy ass day lol .can't go out side and do speed passes so it's stay inside hang out with you all and spend time with fam and work on our rigs😁👍

Last edited:
They had forums back 20 years ago? Omg there wasn't even internet back then 🤣🤣🤣
Yes....I remember those, and they were called BBS board. I used my 1200 or 2400 baud modem to dial in. No internet but you could connect to a board to chat.

They were great, but I tied up the house line for hours

Last edited:
Yes....I remember those, and they were called BBS board. I used my 1200 or 2400 baud modem to dial in. No internet but you could connect to a board to chat.

They were great, but I tied up the house line for the house
Well I suppose I was way to young to know about that at that time .I wasn't even into RC's untill I reached my twenty's.at that time I was just a high schooler and only cared about girls and shooting hoops all day and practice with varsity basketball team.didnt care about computers.just wasn't my thing.even to this day Im not a computer person .but I love RC's 😁👍

Back