🤘😎 Do you even RC bro? RJ Speed 🤘😎

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal

I'm on one today
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton 6s
These kits are so dirt cheap, how could you NOT get one and put your own personal touches on it? I'm having a blast with this build. BUDGET build. The steering servo was lifted from my Infraction (never used rear brake), ESC is a Hobbywing Quicrun, motor is a stock Spektrum 3s. Easy peasy y'all gotta build one of these!!!! Cheap weekend project!!!! More pics to come I got the lid all masked out and I'll be be spraying it tomorrow.

Screenshot_20220813-234926.png
Screenshot_20220813-234855.png
Screenshot_20220813-234824.png
Screenshot_20220813-235100.png

Last edited:
Got the rx antenna mounted up, maybe shorten it I will.

As far as lights this is my first time masking them instead of drilling holes. The plan is definitely to mount lights. All I have here is an Amazon cheap kit, but the others I've used work just fine.
PXL_20220814_205546315.jpg

Front crossmember and front lip spoiler got clearanced to fit the steering, and tires at full lock. I also reduced track width by about 7/16" per side to clear the lid on full turns. I'm a hoarder and keep stuff like failed servos so I gutted one to space the ESC up. My dumbass thought I'd be clever and shorten the steering servo wires without new servo plugs and pretty much botched it, steering keeps going out. The car appears to be quite peppy on a small 2s though.

To do list:
Get servo plugs and properly shorten wires
Shorten and redrill body posts
Install lights!!!!
Get a shorty lipo for cleaner mounting
Move ESC switch so I can flick it with lid on

PXL_20220814_220858370.MP.jpg
PXL_20220814_220909099.MP.jpg
PXL_20220814_220946097.jpg
PXL_20220814_221341675.jpg
Screenshot_20220814-164343.png

Front crossmember and front lip spoiler got clearanced to fit the steering, and tires at full lock. I also reduced track width by about 7/16" per side to clear the lid on full turns. I'm a hoarder and keep stuff like failed servos so I gutted one to space the ESC up. My dumbass thought I'd be clever and shorten the steering servo wires without new servo plugs and pretty much botched it, steering keeps going out. The car appears to be quite peppy on a small 2s though.

To do list:
Get servo plugs and properly shorten wires
Shorten and redrill body posts
Install lights!!!!
Get a shorty lipo for cleaner mounting
Move ESC switch so I can flick it with lid on

View attachment 236258View attachment 236259View attachment 236264View attachment 236265View attachment 236266
That thing is rad.I put the same body on a big rock.

C76DAC6A-683F-44FE-B624-CC122284466C.jpeg

Bolink was making these kits back in the day.
What chassis exactly is this again?
I have a vintage TA RC10L pan car. They are fun.
I run the exact same Foamie wheels on it.
Nice build. Simple and easy.
I think they still race these on Oval tracks.

Bolink was making these kits back in the day.
What chassis exactly is this again?
I have a vintage TA RC10L pan car. They are fun.
I run the exact same Foamie wheels on it.
Nice build. Simple and easy.
I think they still race these on Oval tracks.

Thanks!!!! I very much agree, very simple kits that let your imagination run wild for customization. I'm getting a couple more for the kids to build, excited to see what they come up with.

You are correct they were Bolink back in the day. RJ Speed is who's making them now, Amain carries all of it. Here's a link to the Sportsman model I chose:

https://www.amainhobbies.com/rj-spe...82DCcT6FHHtTq6pYePaTTcmK1rV9Ux0MaAt5yEALw_wcB

TYVM
This peaked my interest. Get my 12yo son to build his own maybe. Easy enough I guess.
He has his own 6s Infr. and Noto. among others. He drives so well. Better than I. My reaction time is less than it used to be as I got older. Gets his Infr into the high 90's Mph without issues. He even drives the TA pan car and loves it to death. He needs his own now.
It's all about making a pretty body for it.(y)(y)

TYVM
This peaked my interest. Get my 12yo son to build his own maybe. Easy enough I guess.
He has his own 6s Infr. and Noto. among others. He drives so well. Better than I. My reaction time is less than it used to be as I got older. Gets his Infr into the high 90's Mph without issues. He even drives the TA pan car and loves it to death. He needs his own now.
It's all about making a pretty body for it.(y)(y)
Badass! Yeah I'm thinking these will be perfect gifts for all the boys (and some girls) in my family come Christmas!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back