Kraton 0-2.....Just one of those days

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
I finally got the warrantied BLX185 installed in my Notorious so I figured I’d take her for a little bash yesterday afternoon. Temps were in the low 30’s. Started out running in my backyard bash area and noticed some slipping/cogging. It was hard to tell which. I turned the punch up to 7 and it got way worse so I turned it back down to 3. It seemed much better. I went to my ramp and started jumping. I came down a little nose heavy and lost all front steering. I thought I popped of a steering control arm, but upon further inspection the servo horn was stripped. Servo would turn, horn stayed in place. Damn....

Since I had juice left on the batteries I went and grabbed old faithful....my Kraton. I ripped around the backyard and started hitting jumps. On the third one I over rotated and land square on the rear wheels....the complete opposite of a lawn dart. It was a hard hit too. As I was driving it back to me I noticed that there was something wrong with the rear wheels. I go over and see a rear wheel dogbone missing. I search around and find it. Then I realize why it came out. The shock tower completely separated from the diff housing. Busted it up good.

There is still juice left in the batteries so I take the servo horn from my Kraton and put it on my Notorious. I’m back in business! I go back to jumping and I experience a severe loss of power and a nasty crunching grinding sound. FML. I call it a day. I tear my Notorious apart and find that the front pinion had separated from the cup. Pinion was pretty beat up, but the ring gear looked good. I replaced the pinion gear, checked the rear and reassembled. I saw that all 4 of my backflips were coming unglued on the back side. Reglued and set to dry overnight. Next I went and replaced the diff housing on my Kraton and ordered a new servo horn.

So 0-2 yesterday. Spent a total of 20 minutes bashing and 3 hours fixin’ ? Just another day in the world of RC!

Last edited:
I thought it was just me that had these kind of days !!! right on, sounds like you got your rigs ready to roll again.

Tough day, glad you stopped and didn’t run the Granite or Big Rock as well
Need to ask though, can we get a ‘Damn’ button, hitting ‘like’ seems wrong.

I still had my Typhon, Granite, BRCC and Senton in the bullpen, lol.

Today was the Typhon's turn ?

20181212_141809.jpg

Lol ... bashers
No poop ya break stuff !!

It's worth it though. Nothing like sending your right flying through the air while rotating backwards!

I’ve busted 3 in one day. It would have been 4, but I stopped and started drinking after the third. It happens ?
I’ve definitely been there... nice to have a few cars, bad when they all start breaking.. I call those “black hole” days. Pull one out and it gets sucked right in to repair row.. and its amazing how fast it can happen..

I’ve definitely been there... nice to have a few cars, bad when they all start breaking.. I call those “black hole” days. Pull one out and it gets sucked right in to repair row.. and its amazing how fast it can happen..

That's life as a lowly "basher" ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back