Limitless 0-60 times with my Limitless

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raynist

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Mojave
  7. Notorious
  8. Outcast 8s
  9. Outcast 6s
  10. Talion
  11. Typhon 6s
I have the BLX system in my car - everything else is stock. Gearing is (27/50) and top speed is 77mph.
Traction was iffy - Parking lot was very dusty.
Here is my best run. Motor cut out a few times - never did that before. Wonder if I am hitting the limits of the ESC?

00FED93F-F6BD-47F4-825C-CA00E4F28DAD.png

Last edited:
I can tell by the graph, that traction was a slight problem. The graph is hard to understand other wise. Doesn't correlate for me.
You said you were all stock. 27 Pinion is stock with a 34T spool also stock.
But you changed out the center spool for a Diff? IDK.:unsure:
50t spur? :unsure: No sure what you said.
If running a diff, that is holding you back some. Running more like V1 Infr.
Just me.
I have both a Lim and V1 Infr.
Nice run time.:)

Sorry - I guess not all stock! I am running a diff from another car and 1m weight fluid.

I may change out for the spool this weekend and try again.

At least you got 1mil in there. 👍 Good move.
Just curious why you swapped out the spool for the diff. Just to change the gearing?
Many do this for the lower gearing to make it drive like a Infr. To make it drift more like an Infr.
YT'er JayTee did this and it didn't impress me.🤷‍♂️
Since I have both a Lim and Infr., I see the best times for me are with the spool at 27T/34T. I keep my Infr. diffs at 20kfr/500kctr/20krr and (27/50) I know that GPS gets me 82Mph topped out. ( stock 6s electrics) Rear wing trimmed down tight all the way. Infr. is harder to drive over 75mph compared to my Lim. (Aero reasons)

I didn’t think my BLX motor could handle 2734 gearing so I installed the diff.

I will switch it back this weekend and try it out. I may switch to a different ESC. I have an ESC out of my Kraton 8s I could use.
Soon it will be replaced by a HW 1100kv and Max 5. I am more after blistering acceleration vs crazy speeds. 80-85 is plenty for me where I run this.

I got ya. I have a hard time finding space for my long legged Limitless.
I like the 6s setup in the 1/7 rigs. Much lighter IMHO. I did run the stock 2050kv BLX and Stocker ESC. I just had to add a Cap pack. I built a custom one.
The weak link is the stock ESC. Not the motor IMHO. That motor can even run on 7s or 8s. Definitely need High speed fans however. I even put a set of Ceramic BB's in that 2050kv stocker. It flies.
Currently have HW XR8+ ESC combo. Full sensored. 2200KV in my Lim. On paper good for well over 120mph.
I have been running it on (2) 4s 7000kv Ace of gens lipos (connected in Parallel) I find it a challenge to get PB's on 4s. BTW I prefer the stock motor config. and running Tandem lipos. Feel's more balanced to me. Wheel alignment is so important no matter the setup. I also use Cross weight digital RC scales. and use weight ballast to balance it out.
When you put that 34T spooll back in, remember that 27T pinion is the smallest that will fit. You can only go larger. I have a full set of pinions I play with.
It's mostly about gearing, and not so much about having a larger motor or ESC. Many guys just jump quickly into large electrics right away without trying different pinions and spool. diff gears. I rather make sure to have full set of pinions in hand and experiment with what I got.
Also, I turn my Punch setting down all the way. Makes launching much more controllable. And also keeps the motor cooler, while preventing, LVC and amp cuts prematurely. Punch is an important tool. I use a HW prog. card to adjust my BLX185. And I use a Wifi Express adapter to adjust my HW ESC's and get data logs with a phone app.
Just some thing that I do.

Ya that BLX185 sucks for amp draw! I could not even get my K6s to do a full speed run stock with 15/50 gearing it would cut off and go into limp mode as soon as I hit full throttle. Get an MMX8S and don't look back👍

MMX8S for sure. 👍 👍
Yeah the Stocker ESC is horrible for sustained pulls. 27/34 becomes too much if you are not careful. Very inefficient ESC. Had to Drop the punch down to the bottom and use a cap Pack. Made a huge difference. But I went with HW Sensored on the Lim. Made a huge difference.
MMX8s is the where its at. I need one now.

MMX8S for sure. 👍 👍
Yeah the Stocker ESC is horrible for sustained pulls. 27/34 becomes too much if you are not careful. Very inefficient ESC. Had to Drop the punch down to the bottom and use a cap Pack. Made a huge difference. But I went with HW Sensored on the Lim. Made a huge difference.
MMX8s is the where its at. I need one now.
Ya I even tried pulling to full throttle as slow as possible and still right as soon as I'm at full pull cutoff would kick on. Now it is possible the packs at that time I was running were dropping below LVC voltage from the draw but I tried a few different packs and had same issue. The new spektrum 150A was a lot better but the BLX185 just didn't like speed runs and full pulls at all for me🤷

I put the spool back in but used a 39t spool gear. Current gearing is at 27/39.

I have firma 160 esc out of my Kraton 8s I could use in place of the blx185. I am not sure the wires from the BLX motor will fit on this esc though. Maybe there is an adapter?

Ya I even tried pulling to full throttle as slow as possible and still right as soon as I'm at full pull cutoff would kick on. Now it is possible the packs at that time I was running were dropping below LVC voltage from the draw but I tried a few different packs and had same issue. The new spektrum 150A was a lot better but the BLX185 just didn't like speed runs and full pulls at all for me🤷
I know what you mean. That 185 was driving me crazy also. I also tried new Yoowoo Graphenes 100c 5k's. Didn't matter. Once I changed to a HW ESC it was all good. No Amp or LVC cuts. It really sucked. I would lose brakes at like 7OMPH. Wrecked it bad. Then decided to get a new ESC on top of the $150. in damage to my Lim. But that 185 works great in my Mojave now. 🤷‍♂️
The Firma 150 is more efficient many say. It runs at 32 bit. I think it has an ARM processor? :unsure:

Ya I'd have to go back and look through my run videos to see when I put the MMX8S in but I definitely was able to speed run the Typhon with the spektrum until then where as week after I got my K6s couldn't even see if it hit the advertised speed cause the BLX185 would cut out on me👍

Dropping the punch down all the way down helped very much. But was showing me that the 185 just couldn't hold max sustained amp loads.

Ya that BLX185 sucks for amp draw! I could not even get my K6s to do a full speed run stock with 15/50 gearing it would cut off and go into limp mode as soon as I hit full throttle. Get an MMX8S and don't look back👍
You’re too greedy with your trigger finger.

Dropping the punch down all the way down helped very much. But was showing me that the 185 just couldn't hold max sustained amp loads.
Is this with a Cap Pack on the ESC? If so how many Microfarad??
I reckon the BLX combo is a workhorse 💪
On the Infraction iv had the car up to 95mph 34/39 and the Kraton pulled 80mph 34/46. Both runs are on here.

I have the BLX system in my car - everything else is stock. Gearing is (27/50) and top speed is 77mph.
Traction was iffy - Parking lot was very dusty.
Here is my best run. Motor cut out a few times - never did that before. Wonder if I am hitting the limits of the ESC?

View attachment 132969
To get that m/hr data line to play the game.......... input a distance after you input a speed.

I got ya. I have a hard time finding space for my long legged Limitless.
I like the 6s setup in the 1/7 rigs. Much lighter IMHO. I did run the stock 2050kv BLX and Stocker ESC. I just had to add a Cap pack. I built a custom one.
The weak link is the stock ESC. Not the motor IMHO. That motor can even run on 7s or 8s. Definitely need High speed fans however. I even put a set of Ceramic BB's in that 2050kv stocker. It flies.
Currently have HW XR8+ ESC combo. Full sensored. 2200KV in my Lim. On paper good for well over 120mph.
I have been running it on (2) 4s 7000kv Ace of gens lipos (connected in Parallel) I find it a challenge to get PB's on 4s. BTW I prefer the stock motor config. and running Tandem lipos. Feel's more balanced to me. Wheel alignment is so important no matter the setup. I also use Cross weight digital RC scales. and use weight ballast to balance it out.
When you put that 34T spooll back in, remember that 27T pinion is the smallest that will fit. You can only go larger. I have a full set of pinions I play with.
It's mostly about gearing, and not so much about having a larger motor or ESC. Many guys just jump quickly into large electrics right away without trying different pinions and spool. diff gears. I rather make sure to have full set of pinions in hand and experiment with what I got.
Also, I turn my Punch setting down all the way. Makes launching much more controllable. And also keeps the motor cooler, while preventing, LVC and amp cuts prematurely. Punch is an important tool. I use a HW prog. card to adjust my BLX185. And I use a Wifi Express adapter to adjust my HW ESC's and get data logs with a phone app.
Just some thing that I do.
I have the same combo HW XR8 PLUS with 4274- 2250Kv but I've never used it on the Limitless because I have the impression it will run hot on 6s. I see you run it with 4s in parallel. Have you ever tried it on 6s?

Is this with a Cap Pack on the ESC? If so how many Microfarad??
I reckon the BLX combo is a workhorse 💪
On the Infraction iv had the car up to 95mph 34/39 and the Kraton pulled 80mph 34/46. Both runs are on here.
Running 6k total MicroFarad>>>>>(6) 35v Legit fresh Panasonic Golds/Low ESR's. Soldered In Parallel. The 185 probably has much ripple and over rated Mosfets. Just my guess. No way to really confirm this. It is a budget ESC. I don't expect much for speed Running anyway.
It is fine for any of my other rigs. Just not my Lim at 27/34. Tried 30/34 and 28/34 initially. No go. I even put Ceramic BB's in the stocker 2050. And my finger is slow and steady. I also tried timed throttle on my Noble. ( Similar to Raz Shifrins " Perfect Pass" module) So it wasn't my finger. That radio was replaced for the Radiolink, (better range) when I swapped out the ESC/ motor to HW gear.
The weather was cold out several months ago, thought maybe the lipos were too cold.

Running 6k total MicroFarad>>>>>(6) 35v Legit fresh Panasonic Golds/Low ESR's. Soldered In Parallel. The 185 probably has much ripple and over rated Mosfets. Just my guess. No way to really confirm this. It is a budget ESC. I don't expect much for speed Running anyway.
It is fine for any of my other rigs. Just not my Lim at 27/34. Tried 30/34 and 28/34 initially. No go. I even put Ceramic BB's in the stocker 2050. And my finger is slow and steady. I also tried timed throttle on my Noble. ( Similar to Raz Shifrins " Perfect Pass" module) So it wasn't my finger. That radio was replaced for the Radiolink, (better range) when I swapped out the ESC/ motor to HW gear.
The weather was cold out several months ago, thought maybe the lipos were too cold.
I run 11000uF on the Infraction. Some lads will disagree with this but I’m sure a Cap Pack helps fill the voids preventing cut outs when the ESC begins to suck some serious amps off the battery. This thread is a good example.
I’m wanting to upgrade to a big block but these ESC’s keep turning up. I bash hard with both cars. They do overheat a lot faster than a HW or Castle but the way I look at it.........that’s more rubber I save and less chance of me busting a part 🥳
I reckon I can get this Infraction over the 100 with the BLX.......... just need a decent road.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back