Limitless 0-60 times with my Limitless

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The BLX can get 100mph. Been done before. Not by me though. Yet??
I say push it till it blows up.:LOL:

Y
Ya ask @Notorious J about his lol think his went up in flames before he hit 100mph with his Typhon

Y

Ya ask @Notorious J about his lol think his went up in flames before he hit 100mph with his Typhon
98 mph before it "burnt" out. Honestly, it still had a stock fan which I think might have been the issue. If I did it again, it would have a higher power fan and possibly a cap pack. Throw in a 100c 6s battery, and I think over 100 is totally attainable. Warning: I do not endorse the use of a stock esc in attempts of reaching 100 mph. Use/try at own risk. I'm definitely going to though😉

I put the spool back in but used a 39t spool gear. Current gearing is at 27/39.

I have firma 160 esc out of my Kraton 8s I could use in place of the blx185. I am not sure the wires from the BLX motor will fit on this esc though. Maybe there is an adapter?
I ran the above combo today using 2 SMC 9700 4S batteries.

Motor was cutting out after a couple seconds. Am I really hitting the limit if the firma 160 esc with this mount small motor? Was hitting 84mph when cutting out.

Has one pass where it didn’t cut out and it hit 96mph and I ran out of room to brake!!! Car hit a curb (slanted/ramp style curb) at probably 90mph. Launched 20-30ft in the air and landed about 150ft into a baseball field. No damage other than a couple body pieces in the front popped off.

I have a max 5 esc also - will this be enough ESC or do I need to go with an XLX2? I had planned on putting HW1100kv in it with the max5.

I also need to find a bigger place to run!!

Last edited:
I ran the above combo today using 2 SMC 9700 4S batteries.

Motor was cutting out after a couple seconds. Am I really hitting the limit if the firma 160 esc with this mount small motor? Was hitting 84mph when cutting out.

Has one pass where it didn’t cut out and it hit 96mph and I ran out of room to brake!!! Car hit a curb (slanted/ramp style curb) at probably 90mph. Launched 20-30ft in the air and landed about 150ft into a baseball field. No damage other than a couple body pieces in the front popped off.

I have a max 5 esc also - will this be enough ESC or do I need to go with an XLX2? I had planned on putting HW1100kv in it with the max5.

I also need to find a bigger pace to run!!
The Max5 would be a great ESC to run shouldn't have issues with it👍

The Max5 would be a great ESC to run shouldn't have issues with it👍
Thanks - if that isn’t enough to guess I will get another XLX2 and move the Max 5 to my Xmaxx.

There are a TON of variables in speed running. But the biggest reason people have amp limit cutouts is a heavy finger. If you have a long enough road and enough radio signal, you should be able to get to 100mph. Now getting much above that is really hard on a stock ESC as drag adds significant loads above 100mph and 150a isn’t gonna cut it.

There are a TON of variables in speed running. But the biggest reason people have amp limit cutouts is a heavy finger. If you have a long enough road and enough radio signal, you should be able to get to 100mph. Now getting much above that is really hard on a stock ESC as drag adds significant loads above 100mph and 150a isn’t gonna cut it.
That is probably my issue. The area I am doing this in isn’t that large. Maybe 500ft max so I am full throttle from the start. I would think the Firma 160 would have done better than the BLX185 since that is what came in the Kraton 8s and Losi DBXL but it was actually worse. Seemed to cut out sooner.

That is probably my issue. The area I am doing this in isn’t that large. Maybe 500ft max so I am full throttle from the start. I would think the Firma 160 would have done better than the BLX185 since that is what came in the Kraton 8s and Losi DBXL but it was actually worse. Seemed to cut out sooner.
Full throttle from a stop is going to amp limit on almost all of the stock ESCs. Can’t imagine you’ll get very far that way.

Full throttle from a stop is going to amp limit on almost all of the stock ESCs. Can’t imagine you’ll get very far that way.
Would this happen using a Max 5 also?

Would this happen using a Max 5 also?
Ever had one to be able to tell you but my guess is it would give you more amps than any Arrma system. Not as much as a high end Castle, but surely more than stock.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back