1/10 hammer jaw crawler

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your best resource for rock crawler help will likely be this crawler specific forum. It is top notch.

Rccrawler.com

I think you are SOL. The parts train if it ever existed, is probably broken at this point . Zero support.
It is not really a Hobby grade Crawler IMHO. Never was?
Maybe trial and error fitting Axial or TRX-4 axles perhaps. IDK.:unsure: RC4WD may have parts that fit....
These are mainstream Crawler brands with much Upgrade support.
I have 2 Axials and one Trx-4. Each costing $1k with upgrades.
Parts are all over the place with these hobby grade Crawler brands.
Unfortunately, you pay for what you get.:rolleyes:
Good luck.
:cool:

I am into crawlers but far from an expert. There is so much you can learn. I never heard of this rig so I googled it. Apparently it is an entry level crawler from Horizon Hobby in 2018. Right??? You can likely buy some used axles and swap them. Though you may need to change the drive shafts etc to make them work. Being the axles are the heart of the truck, it may be a costly rebuild. You may find it easier and cheaper to buy something new with better support and performance. Research your options on that forum and go from there. The classifieds section is great too.

What axles fit as a replacement for this rig as no odm parts are available? Help cheap crawler but want to make it better
With the chassis and the links that you have it's a badass Frankenstein crawler you got on your hands.
If you cant get the replacements and don't want to get creative I'll buy it off of you;)
with that said, I think some AR60 axles (case and all...complete) would do the job.
Good luck, I hope you get her running(y)

I think you are SOL. The parts train if it ever existed, is probably broken at this point . Zero support.
It is not really a Hobby grade Crawler IMHO. Never was?
Maybe trial and error fitting Axial or TRX-4 axles perhaps. IDK.:unsure: RC4WD may have parts that fit....
These are mainstream Crawler brands with much Upgrade support.
I have 2 Axials and one Trx-4. Each costing $1k with upgrades.
Parts are all over the place with these hobby grade Crawler brands.
Unfortunately, you pay for what you get.:rolleyes:
Good luck.
:cool:
Agreed but for 40 bucks and it’s running it’s not a bad (toy) 🤣 and it don’t compare to my trx4s

I am into crawlers but far from an expert. There is so much you can learn. I never heard of this rig so I googled it. Apparently it is an entry level crawler from Horizon Hobby in 2018. Right??? You can likely buy some used axles and swap them. Though you may need to change the drive shafts etc to make them work. Being the axles are the heart of the truck, it may be a costly rebuild. You may find it easier and cheaper to buy something new with better support and performance. Research your options on that forum and go from there. The classifieds section is great too.
Awesome ty just trying to get ideas for it
Your best resource for rock crawler help will likely be this crawler specific forum. It is top notch.

Rccrawler.com
Thank you
I wanted to get one too. It looks like a fun rig!
Yeah it’s funnier the. I expected

What axles fit as a replacement for this rig as no odm parts are available? Help cheap crawler but want to make it better
check out rccrawler.com was some info there but it's been some time a Go. Wraith axles' will work with some modding

Last edited:
Agreed but for 40 bucks and it’s running it’s not a bad (toy) 🤣 and it don’t compare to my trx4s
@N.Mango is is pretty much dead on correct.
You have options there. Slim that they are. Just need to get creative. Part of the RC fun factor.:giggle:
A new Tranny and Dr. shafts may just work. (complete)
Having a TRX-4, you pretty much know what you are up against.(y)
Crawlers are fun IMHO.
For me, a great diversion from my Fast Bashers. I like hiking with them for miles on end with just one lipo pack. Through Blizzards, mud and streams.
I trash them and they keep plugging away. They out hike me.:ROFLMAO:
So Satisfying.:D

@N.Mango is is pretty much dead on correct.
You have options there. Slim that they are. Just need to get creative. Part of the RC fun factor.:giggle:
A new Tranny and Dr. shafts may just work. (complete)
Having a TRX-4, you pretty much know what you are up against.(y)
Crawlers are fun IMHO.
For me, a great diversion from my Fast Bashers. I like hiking with them for miles on end with just one lipo pack. Through Blizzards, mud and streams.
I trash them and they keep plugging away. They out hike me.:ROFLMAO:
So Satisfying.:D
Thank you I’m starting to see that

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back