Granite 1/10 LWB SPEEDRUN BUILD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good man!

317A DAAAANG!

I agree: putting a splitter/support under that front lip will help with aero deformity.

Drag goes up with the SQUARE of the speed, 10% faster is often a TON more energy, that's the hardest hit area of the car sectional density/CoD wise, so it gets the brunt of the 20+lb of force.

something else I was thinking, a lot of time attack cars let the body dip in behind the trailing edge of the front tire as a suction zone, you said you had already cut the car up a ton, this may help clear some turbulent air (and go faster) if you want to cut it up even more

1663082163289.png
1663082304061.png

Last edited:
Looks good man!

317A DAAAANG!

I agree: putting a splitter/support under that front lip will help with aero deformity.

Drag goes up with the SQUARE of the speed, 10% faster is often a TON more energy, that's the hardest hit area of the car sectional density/CoD wise, so it gets the brunt of the 20+lb of force.

something else I was thinking, a lot of time attack cars let the body dip in behind the trailing edge of the front tire as a suction zone, you said you had already cut the car up a ton, this may help clear some turbulent air (and go faster) if you want to cut it up even more

View attachment 243361View attachment 243362
Ya that 317a was in typhon an overgeared,hope to see it do little better than log.....hard to believe this little 5y motor can max a mmx8s out so easly.tried mmx6s with this motor for about 10 mins..x6s didn't like motor at all

View attachment 243361View attachment 243362

That's Definitely something Different in body shell designs to try and replicate...

Has there ever been a "stock" shell from Any R/C body companies that has this feature molded in ,from factory..?

Last edited:
That's Definitely something Different in body shell designs to try and replicate...
Has there ever been a "stock" shell from Any R/C body companies that has this feature molded in ,from factory..?
not that i know of but i'm watching a set of these on ebay right now for this very purpose. I think eventually my XLWB (plastic) typhon may go full body and just be cut open for something like this

1663091254055.png

not that i know of but i'm watching a set of these on ebay right now for this very purpose. I think eventually my XLWB (plastic) typhon may go full body and just be cut open for something like this

View attachment 243378
That's exactly what car needs

you have way more rear wing than you do front. i'd bet it's getting light on the front end.
That's exactly what it feels like,removed 1000mah 4s pack off nose that weights 155ish grams I use to run esc fan,also 4030 weight under 400grams where's 4050 weights 500grams ..so just removing 250grams from car an to much air getting under body are the 1st things ill address. Car runs great with detta body an 2 other things I mentioned..it'll just take some work adjusting an testing..my only concern Is big flat wall here.not sure if this will work on light setup like this..looks like a beaver going fast with its head hanging out car window..😆😅🤣😂

20220913_070708~2.jpg

That's exactly what car needs

Good run.

And, Not to be funny.. But you seen those fighter pilot wind blast videos right...?

I'm guessing your modded front lip is acting like that at those speeds..

Good run.

And, Not to be funny.. But you seen those fighter pilot wind blast videos right...?

I'm guessing your modded front lip is acting like that at those speeds..
I agree,beaver teeth in front look funny..I'll figure something out. Maybe raise rear an more side skirting added to body..🤷‍♂️I'll have it rocking an rolling hard again

I don't have a Vendetta to take measurements from ,especially the front bumper area to custom create a high down-force splitter like the one I made for the Infraction 6S.. I would imagine it would help..

Other setup weighted 6oz more,just under 200grams..200grams makes huge diff in a 6lb car.also the placement in chassis of those 200grams..

20220913_143248.jpg

I don't have a Vendetta to take measurements from ,especially the front bumper area to custom create a high down-force splitter like the one I made for the Infraction 6S.. I would imagine it would help..

this is vendetta based.
1663098022550.png

1663097942926.png

@K-BASH I think i see this under there already... take a look at the red circled screws, you could totally make some kind of tie-in

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back