Granite 1/10 LWB SPEEDRUN BUILD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K-BASH

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Mojave
  3. Notorious
  4. Senton 6s
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 6s
This is not gonna be the typical build,cause the cars already built....really just wanna share on how an what I've done to build this car....so I'm gonna be jumping around on the phases of the build.hell,I'm might just disassemble it an rebuild it...šŸ¤”I'll order bearing kit an do it in a few days when they arrive..this is basically my mini-typhon that I will be installing a deltaplastiks speedrun body on...this is the 3rd mini I've built...EXTREMELY LIGHT,VERY FAST.no need for anymore than 4s with these cars.these mini cars are the MOST extreme cars I've ever done.i totaled out the first 2 minis within a month of building them.lost control of 1 at 116mph an crashed it into the back of @real_name_hidden personal car...mini exploded.today I got body so here's where sits today...
Swb granite chassis
Vendetta suspension an towers
Mmx8s an tp4030-4400kv
Mod1 spool

20220805_210017.jpg

20220805_205916.jpg

20220805_205958.jpg

20220805_205937.jpg

So when my beating kit arrives I'll tear car down an rebuild an go into detail on every part used on car....I've run 98mph on 3s with typhon body with car......motor is good for 4s...should be very impressive with this body on 4s.....size comparison next to 1/8 typhon 6s

Screenshot_20220804-201821_eBay.jpg

20220805_210211.jpg

I've do have some custom work to figure out on this car.......I'm going to figure out how to mount 1/10 bsr foam dirt oval tires on car...I think I have it figured out ,just waiting on a few parts .hub clearance will be the issue..these tires are much smaller an lighter than the grps currently on car..68mm bsr compared to 98mm grp......I've got lots of room for gearing up so tire size isn't a concern

20220805_211608.jpg

20220805_211547.jpg

Last edited:
My typhon 3s would be in the dumpster if not for K-bash inspiring me to at least make it decent lol. @K-BASH do you have any idea what the minimum tooth count is to get a mesh with mod 1 gearing? I know I had motor clearance issues when I tried something like 50t detta slipper + 18t with a 40mm diam motor. Driveshaft would rub against the motor.

I'm thinking about making a mod 1 spool with 42t and I want to be able to use something like 25-30t pinion with it. I assume it would fit but who knows. I'ma be mad if I drop 45$ on everything and it doesn't fit lol.

My typhon 3s would be in the dumpster if not for K-bash inspiring me to at least make it decent lol. @K-BASH do you have any idea what the minimum tooth count is to get a mesh with mod 1 gearing? I know I had motor clearance issues when I tried something like 50t detta slipper + 18t with a 40mm diam motor. Driveshaft would rub against the motor.

I'm thinking about making a mod 1 spool with 42t and I want to be able to use something like 25-30t pinion with it. I assume it would fit but who knows. I'ma be mad if I drop 45$ on everything and it doesn't fit lol.
I've fit 22/36.....I'd get the hr spool..works much better..I've been running spool an this gear..works great

Screenshot_20220824-074712_eBay.jpg

Love that body on there!
Anxious to see how it goes for you!
Kinda stuck deciding on tire to run..it's holding build up...need 85mm or smaller tires.really don't want to use hoons..really needa tire that'll handle 120s with no problems..really need a 80ish mm foam that'll fit 1/10th hubs an steering blocks.šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø I'm stumped.

Kinda stuck deciding on tire to run..it's holding build up...need 85mm or smaller tires.really don't want to use hoons..really needa tire that'll handle 120s with no problems..really need a 80ish mm foam that'll fit 1/10th hubs an steering blocks.šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø I'm stumped.

The picture makes it look like GRPs could work? What if you raise the body a few mm? You don't have suspension so there shouldn't be much travel going on.

I've fit 22/36.....I'd get the hr spool..works much better..I've been running spool an this gear..works great

View attachment 238534
I actually ordered it right after I made that post. I got the 42t steel mod 1 spur to go with it. Hopefully it will work out šŸ¤£

The picture makes it look like GRPs could work? What if you raise the body a few mm? You don't have suspension so there shouldn't be much travel going on.
Hard to see in pics,but grps are to big,cars like a inch off ground sitting on tires..I started cutting out around front shock towers...don't want to cut any more.....2nd pic down ya can see where I started cutting. I'll clean that up,if I cut accross that area I'll loose to much rigidity. Guess I'll probly order some 85mm hoons,hardest compound. I've had nothing but bad luck with hoons......must choose tire size before cutting out body,prepping an painting..

Hard to see in pics,but grps are to big,cars like a inch off ground sitting on tires..I started cutting out around front shock towers...don't want to cut any more.....2nd pic down ya can see where I started cutting. I'll clean that up,if I cut accross that area I'll loose to much rigidity. Guess I'll probly order some 85mm hoons,hardest compound. I've had nothing but bad luck with hoons......must choose tire size before cutting out body,prepping an painting..
What if you mounted the body something like 15mm higher and glued/epoxied/plastic-weld on some "skirts" to extend the body down?
I think you should stick with GRPs or BSR 1/8 foams.

1661363502873.png

What if you mounted the body something like 15mm higher and glued/epoxied/plastic-weld on some "skirts" to extend the body down?
I think you should stick with GRPs or BSR 1/8 foams.

View attachment 238574
Your a genius liberty,I do have some long strait 2mm delta pieces I cut off my GT body..think those would work huh????
Your a genius liberty,I do have some long strait 2mm delta pieces I cut off my GT body..think those would work better huh????
Would also give me more under body room..šŸ‘

Your a genius liberty,I do have some long strait 2mm delta pieces I cut off my GT body..think those would work better huh????

Would also give me more under body room..šŸ‘

Should be able to avoid cutting it up and just extend the bottom. If the parts wont bond well you could use some m3 screws as a last resort.
I don't like the small tires and would try to stick with the 1/8 stuff

Should be able to avoid cutting it up and just extend the bottom. If the parts wont bond well you could use some m3 screws as a last resort.
I don't like the small tires and would try to stick with the 1/8 stuff
What sucks is my whole intention was to build a small arrma car comparable to the wltoys guys running the small foams at ridiculous speeds.i wanted a small foam tire,smaller scale car for speed..EVERYTHING IS THERE, POWER,DRIVETRAIN, GEARING......I bought this 4400kv motor for this car to run smaller tires..šŸ¤”šŸ¤”šŸ¤”šŸ¤”maybe I'll build a wltoys speedcar..lol.

What sucks is my whole intention was to build a small arrma car comparable to the wltoys guys running the small foams at ridiculous speeds.i wanted a small foam tire,smaller scale car for speed..EVERYTHING IS THERE, POWER,DRIVETRAIN, GEARING......I bought this 4400kv motor for this car to run smaller tires..šŸ¤”šŸ¤”šŸ¤”šŸ¤”maybe I'll build a wltoys speedcar..lol.
Hey man you could try that first and then if it does not work out go with this 1/8 scale setup as a backup plan.

Hey man you could try that first and then if it does not work out go with this 1/8 scale setup as a backup plan.
It already hasn't worked out,šŸ˜†šŸ˜…šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚I gotta look at the brightside.i now have to build a speedcar around a new set of 68mm bsr dirt oval foams..šŸ˜†šŸ˜…šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ˜…šŸ˜†

If I could convince my wife she does not need to live in a mansion and drive a nice car I could do lots of RC stuff and not have to work 2 jobs.
Quit flexing.. u know u love that mansion and them cars!! I bet if there were 36hrs in a day, ur @ss would have 3 jobs!! šŸ¤£

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back