1/10 scale 4wd

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Humm... Intresting.

Center mounted motor, servo upside down, so a high COG design, not a racing SCT. I am guessing 4wd Granite. Plastic slider driveshafts like Traxxas / ECX, so 2s power only. Second fade in the vid looks like maybe nero-style locking diffs? Or was that a shifter for a 2 speed? Either would could be cool on a 1/10.

Maybe a bash capable crawler. It seems that almost every brand release their own scaler nowadays.

Soooo, looks like it will have a rollcage / body that swivels or something? The bumpers (both front and back) appear to show half of a hinge.
Also, brushed is typical in crawlers, better low speed control than non-sensored brushless.

Seems to me that Arrma should be giving all of us here at Arrma Forum even more inside details!! After all, all we do is promote their brand. Either way, can't wait to see it !

Yes! But 1/14 or 1/16 scale!

Yeah fo sho.

LC Racing/Tacon make some really good 1/14 scale stuff. http://casterracingmi.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=171&sort=p.price&order=DESC
http://yhst-14197398381157.ecommerce-site-search.com/?query=tacon&.autodone=http://www.nitrorcx.com/

LC Racing and Tacon are the exact same thing, The LC Racing vehicles come with unpainted lexan bodies while the Tacons come with pre-painted pvc bodies.
Here is the thread on them over on RCTech http://www.rctech.net/forum/micro-mini-scales/681066-lc-racing-emb-1h-official-thread.html

Last edited:
I've been following that thread, and have been tempted a few times by the Tacon MT or truggy. But I already have a 1/16 truggy and MT with mail-only parts support (Amce/HK) I love the scale, though. I gather that traxxas sells boatloads of the MERV's, and I see lots of the Losi Mini-8's at my local track. Arrma needs to make something Kraton tough, 28mm max motor mount (to prevent people from dropping 4-pole 550 cans like they do in the MERV), with parts support at our local Arrma dealers, and they would sell like hotcakes.

I've almost jumped on the buggy a few times when it went on sale. And I've xbeen eyeballing the truggy for a while now. Oh yeah it needs to be just a scaled down version of the Kraton.

I've been following that thread, and have been tempted a few times by the Tacon MT or truggy. But I already have a 1/16 truggy and MT with mail-only parts support (Amce/HK) I love the scale, though. I gather that traxxas sells boatloads of the MERV's, and I see lots of the Losi Mini-8's at my local track. Arrma needs to make something Kraton tough, 28mm max motor mount (to prevent people from dropping 4-pole 550 cans like they do in the MERV), with parts support at our local Arrma dealers, and they would sell like hotcakes.
Speaking of people swapping motors in the MERV, I need either a new motor or ESC in my MERV. Can't figure out which one so I want to get a whole new system. I have a spare motor and ESC from a slash but don't like how big and heavy it is and read that it affects the handling quite a bit. The ESC I'm not too worried about but do you know where you can find a 2848 motor to put into the MERV?

I also fully agree that I it would be awesome if Arrma made a durable 1/16 MT. I would buy one in a heartbeat.

I noticed that they are up on Arrma's website too. I wonder why they decided to go brushed with these and I also wonder how durable they will be?

I'll be interested to see. They look reasonably tough.

The Mega series is supposed to be brushed, as it's aimed at beginners. I really hope they come out with a BLX version of these at some point.

I'll be interested to see. They look reasonably tough.

The Mega series is supposed to be brushed, as it's aimed at beginners. I really hope they come out with a BLX version of these at some point.
For the price they look to be decent on Arrma's website. I don't think that they will compare though to the bigger vehicles in terms of durability. It appears that the shocks (don't know for sure), along with the entire vehicle, is plastic, which isn't something I wouldn't personally care for. As you said though, these are aimed at beginners and not looking to spend $400+.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back