1/10 Tourng Car - Fast: Tough

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

penzoi1

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Notorious
  3. Typhon 6s
  4. Typhon 3s
Hope Arrma has one on the table ) I'm really starting to dig the scale cars.

Thoughts?

Hope Arrma has one on the table ) I'm really starting to dig the scale cars.

Thoughts?

Time to build it..

Look up the WB an width of the body you like.. Start from there..

Start with a Senton 3s (cause smaller wheelhex)
Remove bumpers
Switch shocks to a infraction set
Modify bodyposts
Put body on

Done

In case of not bein wide enough..
Put typhon arms on there

Good idea. The Senton chassis is too long but the Granites wheel base length seems almost perfect, (I just measured). Would need to cut off a bunch of plastic to make it legal in the weight department if you ever want to race it and find some shorter arms/etc, like an inch long-ish / I can't really see how good that would handle. Could be done with a lot of work I suppose but then it wouldn't quite be an Arrma 1/10 scale Touring Car lol )

Switched bodies in pics.

Attachments

• 174640.jpg
    174640.jpg
    508.9 KB · Views: 47
  • 75540.jpg
    75540.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Good idea. The Senton chassis is too long but the Granites wheel base length seems almost perfect, (I just measured). Would need to cut off a bunch of plastic to make it legal in the weight department if you ever want to race it and find some shorter arms/etc, like an inch long-ish / I can't really see how good that would handle. Could be done with a lot of work I suppose but then it wouldn't quite be an Arrma 1/10 scale Touring Car lol )

Switched bodies in pics.
Wb for granite is still too long. That a hellcat body from a Fazer? They have the long wb which would be why it looks right. If Arrma made one with a wb of 260, and built for 190 and 200 widths, there’d be every option of body you could think of ( Kyosho, hpi, Tamiya) custom body makers galore. right dimensions, a proper chassis with the blx100 electronics and it’d sell. With a similar price to the rest of the 3s line, they would rope in potential customers who are on the fence with the infraction due to being limited to street with a higher price point. This is literally the reason why I haven’t bought an infraction, because I wasn’t sure if I’d enjoy on road like i do off road.

It is. So far so good for a cheap rtr car )
I’ve got the nsx version and I agree. And it’s actually got a pretty decent TX. Throwing a max 10 system and doing some metal and carbon fiber upgrades over winter along with a better servo. Will be a completely different car after that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back