1/10th scale gt?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moirae

Beauty & Beast
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Fireteam
  3. Infraction
  4. Limitless
  5. Kraton 8S
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Kraton 4s
  8. Mojave EXB
  9. Notorious
  10. Outcast 8s
  11. Outcast EXB
  12. Talion EXB
  13. Typhon 3s
  14. Typhon 6s
  15. Typhon TLR
Can anyone point me in the direction of some good 1/10th scale gt's to look at? preferably something that could fit an mmx8s? I have no clue about them but I need something to do with this tp 4040 cm 3770kv =(

The MMX8S is going to be way way overkill for a 1/10th scale on road car even the MMX6s is overkill for something that small. Most if not all of the 1/10th scale on road cars you will have a hard time fitting a 4092 motor in as well and the drive trains will never be able to handle the power.

Have you considered a 1/10 drag car? There are plenty of upgrade options to beef up the drivetrain on them.

I’d look at a drag slash or Losi 22 drag car. I haven’t heard great things about the associated DR10 and would avoid that one for big power.

A 92mm can would stick out past the wheels in a Drag Slash as the motor is mounted sideways behind the shock towers. @phildogg fits an XLX2 and a big Castle can in his 4x4 Slashes but I don't think it is 92mm long and it doesn't look like he has much room left.

2023-02-08_08h09_13.png

Oops, I think I confused this thread with another thread. I say 4wd slash then. :cool:

Thanks for the input guys, yea it's a 74mm long motor and I really regret I bought it at this point lol. Seems like it's not good for anything I want to do. Looking like the 1/10 gt dream is dead already according to yall!!

I don't really have any interest in building a drag only car. I kind of just wanted something light weight that would be easy for this lil motor to turn into a ripper. I only thought of 1/10th gt because I figured they would be lighter than a typhon 6s.

I would just use my typhon 3s but it seems extremely troublesome to fit an mmx8s in there and nothing smaller is going to survive that motor unless I gear so far down it's not fun for me.

Seems like the vendetta probably would have been one of my best bets but the odds of me buying another arrma 3s rig seems slim to none.

^^ Edit: That is sick. I never even considered a 4tec but now I want one. Thx, I needed to spend more money. :cautious:

Seems like the vendetta probably would have been one of my best bets but the odds of me buying another arrma 3s rig seems slim to none.
Yeah, my Vendetta is the one Arrma I regret buying. I have probably driven it 4 or 5 times. Maybe if I put some 42/100 wheels, a better body, and 4s SCT system in it would be more fun?

4Tec on 35mm Contacts. Castle 6400kv/MMX6S. This thing is a rocket and sticks to even polished concrete very well.

Back off my wiring I'll get to it 😂

View attachment 276603View attachment 276604
That looks really cool! can you fit grps on there?
^^ Edit: That is sick. I never even considered a 4tec but now I want one. Thx, I needed to spend more money. :cautious:

Yeah, my Vendetta is the one Arrma I regret buying. I have probably driven it 4 or 5 times. Maybe if I put some 42/100 wheels, a better body, and 4s SCT system in it would be more fun?

I'd be tempted by the vendetta if it could easily fit grps. I don't want to maul a body to make it work =(

Yep the Saga chassis is hot ^^^^

You can get GRP's on a 4tec with standard 12-17mm adapters but they'd be far too big IMO. Perhaps the 4tec 3.0 would take them without looking like a big wheel. FWIW the 3.0 is basically identical to the 2.0 just a longer chassis. Difficult to find lids for it tho.

Yep the Saga chassis is hot ^^^^

You can get GRP's on a 4tec with standard 12-17mm adapters but they'd be far too big IMO. Perhaps the 4tec 3.0 would take them without looking like a big wheel. FWIW the 3.0 is basically identical to the 2.0 just a longer chassis. Difficult to find lids for it tho.
The other issue with GRPs on there is it will ride high.
I think for a 1/10 its best to stick with traditional foam tires assuming we are talking about speed use.

That 4tec actually looks kind of cool! this would totally be for a street basher though which is probably another reason why I shouldn't have got a 3770kv motor but at the time I didn't think running it on 4s would be so hard X_X

Serpent 748 natrix?
It was designed for high speed applications.
@gotnitro is building a serpent 750 but not sure if the 4040 fit or not. Mmx8s did though

That 4tec actually looks kind of cool! this would totally be for a street basher though which is probably another reason why I shouldn't have got a 3770kv motor but at the time I didn't think running it on 4s would be so hard X_X
Foams will chunk in the first 5 mins as a parking lot basher.
Id probably go with a 4tec 2.0 and just swap that motor in with a MMX6s esc. Everything should fit.

snakesCapture.JPG

This was a 4tec 2.0 with a tp 4050 and mmx8s.
I cut the sides of the chassis and then put a piece of carbon over the top of the plastic chassis so that I could put the 2s packs on each side.
The saga chassis will make it waaaay easier to run mod 1 gears and fit everything you want in there.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back