Limitless 1/5 grp tires ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abracing

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Talion
Anyone ever tried, 1/5 scale, grp tires on a limitless ??..to me they are too heavy, and we're tough to Ballance !!..got a set, and the adapters, but haven't used them on anything yet.. don't really like them..

Last edited:
taller tire, more speed right??..but hate that there so heavy, and the adaptors, and hard to balance, the 1/5 grp tires...got a set of 1/8 grp's, s4 compound balanced.. they run ok, but mostly run the hoons, all balanced out..

Last edited:
More ground speed at the same rev/minute of the tire. You'll have to adjust the gearing some, but a 4" tire is turning approx 8400RPM at 100MPH, and I tend to worry about the tires coming apart at rotational speeds like that.

I probably worry too much about things like that, but somebody has to.....

There is plenty of space to make up the reduced tire size with motor gearing. It’s hard to lower the car enough to make up for the tire height.

Also, I’m unsure exactly why, but taker tires seem to induce wheelies way more than smaller tires, at least for me anyways. I would guess it’s a larger contact patch, but I don’t know that for sure. Someone much smarter than me would have to explain it, but all I know is from personal experience, all of my 1/8 buggy style on-road tires would induce wheelies on my Typhon 3S where 1/8 GRP on the same car with the same gearing would never lift.

There is plenty of space to make up the reduced tire size with motor gearing. It’s hard to lower the car enough to make up for the tire height.

Also, I’m unsure exactly why, but taker tires seem to induce wheelies way more than smaller tires, at least for me anyways. I would guess it’s a larger contact patch, but I don’t know that for sure. Someone much smarter than me would have to explain it, but all I know is from personal experience, all of my 1/8 buggy style on-road tires would induce wheelies on my Typhon 3S where 1/8 GRP on the same car with the same gearing would never lift.

D'OH!

I hadn't considered the impact of taller tires and the available range of suspension adjustment on keeping the chassis as close to the ground as possible.

Still learning things.....

D'OH!

I hadn't considered the impact of taller tires and the available range of suspension adjustment on keeping the chassis as close to the ground as possible.

Me too brother. Me too. All I can do is offer the bits I’ve learned so far. ????

Me too brother. Me too. All I can do is offer the bits I’ve learned so far. ????

That's why I consider this forum to be one of the "Jewels of the Internet". People here freely share information and their hard-won knowledge. They're courteous and helpful to beginners, and I haven't seen anybody here with an axe to grind against other members or types of cars. One of the 1/10th scale on-road electric forums I go to for Vintage Trans Am has members that are absolutely vicious towards each other, and treat beginners like low-grade pond scum. I rarely post over there because I'm almost afraid I'll get ripped to shreds if I ask a "dumb" question. I've also seen people post deliberately misleading info to hide their "speed secrets".

Nothing like that here, and I applaud you all for being so helpful and patient.

heres mine on the talion . im not helping am i?
IMG_20200408_141330.jpg
IMG_20200408_141344.jpg
IMG_20200408_141408.jpg
IMG_20200408_141417.jpg

D'OH!

Larger wheels, will travel more distance per revolution.. So if you can get same axle speed.. You will go faster..

But then.. Theres extra drag.. Due to the upscaled tires..
1/5 - 118mm×65mm. 7670mm2
1/8 - 98mm×41mm. 4018mm2

Thats about double..

Can the truck fight through that?

My thoughts on that matter, A taller wider tire and wheel combo is a lot more mass to get rotating, probably with extra grip also. So, When you try to accelerate quickly it tends to want to rotate the car around the wheel a lot more. Therefore the increase in the wheelies. It also raises the center of mass from the increase in height. Which makes it more prone to wheelie.
That's my story and I'm stickin to it.

My thoughts on that matter, A taller wider tire and wheel combo is a lot more mass to get rotating, probably with extra grip also. So, When you try to accelerate quickly it tends to want to rotate the car around the wheel a lot more. Therefore the increase in the wheelies. It also raises the center of mass from the increase in height. Which makes it more prone to wheelie.
That's my story and I'm stickin to it.
Sounds as legit as any BS I could have come up with ??

Anyone ever tried, 1/5 scale, grp tires on a limitless ??..to me they are too heavy, and we're tough to Ballance !!..got a set, and the adapters, but haven't used them on anything yet.. don't really like them..
I have 1/5 grp on my typhon.goes like a rocket ,hoons to slow,and it haven't lifted yet,84 so far no probs

Biggest issue is the mass of the tire.
Think about how GRPs (1/8 scale) blow off the rim often above 140mph where foams survive. It is all about the mass of that tire.
The larger 1/5 tires or felony rear tires always blow above 100mph due to that tire mass pulling harder to rip it self off the wheel.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back