Limitless 1/5 grp tires ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1/5 grp tires and adaptars, junk, hard to balance, heavy, glad i sold mine with an old v1 talion rig....go foams and hoons am into speed runs only now..im runnin well over 100+mph,..and done buying any more r/c stuff

its been fruckin cold here in michigan,...bsr 2x plnk wont hook in cold weather...hoons ..ok..

its been fruckin cold here in michigan,...bsr 2x plnk wont hook in cold weather...hoons ..ok..
I only run soft or super soft GRPs. They do better in cool weather but have their limits still.
They are considerably more grippy than Hoons. You should give them a try at some point (y)

..what compound you runnin,. i got 1x purple, and 2x pink now ..like on glass at 30-40 deg.,...hoons do allot better, but need a few hits to heat..all my tires get balanced..

..what compound you runnin,. i got 1x purple, and 2x pink now ..like on glass at 30-40 deg.,...hoons do allot better, but need a few hits to heat..all my tires get balanced..
For the GRPs I used to run S1 but now it has a new naming convention.
The ones I am running currently are XM3 which is the soft compound. They are well balanced out of the bag and didnt need any balancing!

For foams I will run purple for cars that go over 140 mph, which I am not there yet.... To run 140+ mph it needs to be the perfect day with perfect conditions.

I think I can get to 100 then think foams ,but I got to a 100 yet,lol,i feel like I'm on ice with the hoons ,but they r well balanced from new,grp1/5 look good on the car ,I'm having fun with them,and that's what it's all about,

Hit 104 yesterday... bsr2x pink,..43deg..shorter course..was happy with that, going to kart track this weekend to race,..then thy let me run limitless when done kart racing for the day,..,..3200ft. Straightaway, to my self...hammer down , karts and the limitless...

Hit 104 yesterday... bsr2x pink,..43deg..shorter course..was happy with that, going to kart track this weekend to race,..then thy let me run limitless when done kart racing for the day,..,..3200ft. Straightaway, to my self...hammer down , karts and the limitless...
Grp 1/5 scale tyers ?

I was looking at some yesterday for my Limitless to use for racing, drifting, and bashing around with friends in the parking lot. They look awesome fro rear tires. If they made some thinner like a 1/3 or a bit thinner for the front I would buy them. Make them all the same height just thinner for the front so they are lighter and don't work the servo so much and maybe turn tighter.

More ground speed at the same rev/minute of the tire. You'll have to adjust the gearing some, but a 4" tire is turning approx 8400RPM at 100MPH, and I tend to worry about the tires coming apart at rotational speeds like that.

I probably worry too much about things like that, but somebody has to...

Heya, am no math physics person, but LOVE physics. I wanna see if I can find out the "g force" the tires experience at that speed.

is the 8400rpm at 100mph for a 4" tire accurate? Just want to confirm before asking the g force question elsewhere

edit: yay internet calculators. at those rpms the centrifugal acceleration is just under 40,000!!!!!!!!

specifically is 39,340m/s2 (meters per second per second)

one g is 9.81 or so; that is 4,000 times one g, presuming the TIRE is 250g (probably a bit too high) is a force equal to 1,000kg at one g! that is some VERY strong glue!!! lol

I posted the question on physicsforums for verification but am pretty sure most of above is accurate; the little blurp I have about "equal to 1,000kg at one g" is getting a bit poetic; however the value of 4000g's of centrifugal acceleration is accurate....and insane!!! imo

am now curios about the effect of moment of momentum with respect to actually STEERING those wheels / tires at those RPM....not sure is possible for the servos but certainly some peeps have played with running the RC off ground at those RPMs and would know from first hand experience.

am just floored by those magnitudes for a wee ol' RC car toy lol

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back