1/5 kraton go 80mph??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lydellp

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Vorteks
What parts would do I need to make this 1/5 kraton go 80mph?? Asking for a friend

Why in the world would they want that heavy machine to go that fast? I got one earlier this month, haven't ran it yet and it geared to do maybe 57-58 tacking another 20 would scare me because if it hit someone.........

What parts would do I need to make this 1/5 kraton go 80mph?? Asking for a friend
jet engine GIF

Nah this might be too much....
I just messing. Seriously someone on here would know how to make that happen.

The right XLX2 and motor combo and spur and pinion can get you to break 100mph.
Better be using 1/5 foam tires though. It wont track straight otherwise I believe. Stocker Tires Ballooning and all.

Imagine hitting something at 80mph with that monster, or possibly someone, they would be killed….that’s a 35 lb wrecking ball but doing 80 mph….that’s straight bananas your a wild dude.

Would try to get as much weight off as possible. And 5860 tp motor would help with proper esc.

So I just picked up a kraton exb 8s to compliment my exb outcast 8s specifically thinking to set it up as a high speed cruise missile for bigger terrain driving. My 1/5 outcast exb with a HW max5 1100 kv combo is fast, very comparable to the 6s nor=torious. Though I haven’t actually put a gps on it, I think it probably does about 55 - 60 max off-road, assuming flat open fairly short cut grass and a good wide open space to gently get it to speed… though just speculation of coarse.
‘the biggest issue with getting these rigs, 8th or 5th scale to max speed isn’t power or motor size, it’s keeping the front wheels down. We can put so much power in these that with bigger high traction tires off road most set ups top speed limit comes well before you run out of power.
I was just looking at he copperhead 2s on the exb 8s kraton tonight and was surprised how big the tires where compared to the outcast version. I am not sure the kraton exb will go much faster with those huge tires before lifting the front, there almost 5’ wide! I may try the outcast tired or some belted mashers If the kraton lifts too easy with the copperheads.
‘I am going to run the xlx2 and 1100 kv combo in the kraton, probably enough power to reach close to 80 even off-road if geared right, but keeping Ion 4 wheels is the hard part!

C981B3F0-28B7-4FD2-BC08-014BCD03B92F.jpeg

So I just picked up a kraton exb 8s to compliment my exb outcast 8s specifically thinking to set it up as a high speed cruise missile for bigger terrain driving. My 1/5 outcast exb with a HW max5 1100 kv combo is fast, very comparable to the 6s nor=torious. Though I haven’t actually put a gps on it, I think it probably does about 55 - 60 max off-road, assuming flat open fairly short cut grass and a good wide open space to gently get it to speed… though just speculation of coarse.
‘the biggest issue with getting these rigs, 8th or 5th scale to max speed isn’t power or motor size, it’s keeping the front wheels down. We can put so much power in these that with bigger high traction tires off road most set ups top speed limit comes well before you run out of power.
I was just looking at he copperhead 2s on the exb 8s kraton tonight and was surprised how big the tires where compared to the outcast version. I am not sure the kraton exb will go much faster with those huge tires before lifting the front, there almost 5’ wide! I may try the outcast tired or some belted mashers If the kraton lifts too easy with the copperheads.
‘I am going to run the xlx2 and 1100 kv combo in the kraton, probably enough power to reach close to 80 even off-road if geared right, but keeping Ion 4 wheels is the hard part!

View attachment 193445
The wheelies come from the large and heavy tires as much as it does traction. You can greatly reduce this effect going to smaller and lighter tires.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back