Kraton 1/5 kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheLectrician

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
So i figure if we hound them long enough they'll give us whst we want.
I wanna see a 5th kraton and 5th outcast and i know theres got to be others that would be into this. The kings of bashing... 5TH SCALE. how bad to the ass would that be. Com'on guys lets get this going!

Even a 1/6-1/7 scale Kraton or MT, I'm in...

If you are going to go big, then go big (1/5) or go home. The Losi DBLX-E and 5-T are impressive. The SBR and the Traxxas (whatever it is called) are not impressive, just a smidge bigger than my Kraton.

(Personally, I want a 1/14 Kraton that is as tough as my 1/8 version)

Thats what i mean. A 12s kraton with an at least 24" wheel base.
Not a 18th version i hadn't thought of... you sir are a genius.
I just got my first 18th and i absolutely love it. I got an animus sct... little brushed motor but it boogies pretty ok and its a blast in the house.

I have some 1/18 MT's and a 1/16 SCT turned truggy, and 1/16 MT. For around the (suburban) yard bashing, or at the neighborhood kids park, you can't beat these small cars - they are as much fun at 20mph as a Kraton is at 40mph - but need a quarter of the space. :) The 1/18, I feel are a bit too small unless the ground is mostly clear. The 1/16 cars are just enough bigger to make them handle mowed grass and playground mulch without missing a beat.

The real problem - there is only 1 or 2 decent options for durable, tunable, bashable, brushless powered 1/14 or smaller. The Tacon 1/14 are pretty good, and that is about it. The Traxxas MERV and the Losi Mini-8's both have flaws that make them hard to own. Same can be said for my Acme/Trunigy 1/16 trucks. I've not tried the HPI mini MT, it does look good.

If you are going to go big, then go big (1/5) or go home. The Losi DBLX-E and 5-T are impressive. The SBR and the Traxxas (whatever it is called) are not impressive, just a smidge bigger than my Kraton.

(Personally, I want a 1/14 Kraton that is as tough as my 1/8 version)

Jerry-rigged, isn't everything supposed to be bigger in Texas? LOL.

I've always thought 1/8 scale is the perfect size. Big enough to see vehicle even in large open areas, enough clearance to bash anywhere, very durable due to weight of around 10lbs, and easy to transport it, if necessary. If Arrma made a 1/8 scale Monster Truck (even a Nero with closed diffs), I'm in. I would also be interested if Arrma made a 1/6-1/7 scale Kraton, or 1/6-1/7 scale MT.

I am "not" a fan of Traxxas, but I think the XMaxx is a good size. The XMaxx is actually over 7" longer, over 4" wider, and over 6" taller than the Kraton. In RC scale, this is definitely a much larger vehicle than Arrma's 1/8 scale. I also like that this size (approx 1/6 scale) is under 20lbs and can easily be powered by Arrma's soon to be released 8S brushless system...

I agree, as I also like the large size of 1/5 scale, but unfortunately most 1/5 scale are usually over 30lbs and would need at least a 10S or 12S power system. Over 30lbs is a lot of weight to not only propel, but also all this weight could also contribute to more breakages on the big air jumps that many Arrma owners like to do...

I also think 1/14-1/16 scale is cool for skateparks, etc, as this small scale can be extremely durable due to it's super lightweight.

I have some 1/18 MT's and a 1/16 SCT turned truggy, and 1/16 MT. For around the (suburban) yard bashing, or at the neighborhood kids park, you can't beat these small cars - they are as much fun at 20mph as a Kraton is at 40mph - but need a quarter of the space. :) The 1/18, I feel are a bit too small unless the ground is mostly clear. The 1/16 cars are just enough bigger to make them handle mowed grass and playground mulch without missing a beat.

The real problem - there is only 1 or 2 decent options for durable, tunable, bashable, brushless powered 1/14 or smaller. The Tacon 1/14 are pretty good, and that is about it. The Traxxas MERV and the Losi Mini-8's both have flaws that make them hard to own. Same can be said for my Acme/Trunigy 1/16 trucks. I've not tried the HPI mini MT, it does look good.
Check out the LC Racing EMB-TGH
ARR http://casterracingmi.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=173&product_id=1799
RTR http://casterracingmi.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=173&product_id=1557
and as a kit http://casterracingmi.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=173&product_id=1754
and as you know the Tacons are based off the LC Racing cars.

Jerry-rigged, isn't everything supposed to be bigger in Texas? LOL.

I've always thought 1/8 scale is the perfect size. Big enough to see vehicle even in large open areas, enough clearance to bash anywhere, very durable due to weight of around 10lbs, and easy to transport it, if necessary. If Arrma made a 1/8 scale Monster Truck (even a Nero with closed diffs), I'm in. I would also be interested if Arrma made a 1/6-1/7 scale Kraton, or 1/6-1/7 scale MT.

I am "not" a fan of Traxxas, but I think the XMaxx is a good size. The XMaxx is actually over 7" longer, over 4" wider, and over 6" taller than the Kraton. In RC scale, this is definitely a much larger vehicle than Arrma's 1/8 scale. I also like that this size (approx 1/6 scale) is under 20lbs and can easily be powered by Arrma's soon to be released 8S brushless system...

I agree, as I also like the large size of 1/5 scale, but unfortunately most 1/5 scale are usually over 30lbs and would need at least a 10S or 12S power system. Over 30lbs is a lot of weight to not only propel, but also all this weight could also contribute to more breakages on the big air jumps that many Arrma owners like to do...

I also think 1/14-1/16 scale is cool for skateparks, etc, as this small scale can be extremely durable due to it's super lightweight.

Please enlighten me I cant seen to find d anything on this 8s arrma brushless system you speak of I'd really like to kno more can you share a link or something for it thank u.

Please enlighten me I cant seen to find d anything on this 8s arrma brushless system you speak of I'd really like to kno more can you share a link or something for it thank u.
You haven't heard? Arrma's new 8S brushless system will be included in their brand new 1/6 scale Monster Kraton XL, which I believe should be coming out in July or August?

Damn, did I almost just start a rumour...LOL. I was only dreamin out loud wishing for a 1/6-1/7 scale Arrma with a 8S brushless system. Hopefully Arrma is reading this and we can stop dreaming and actually get our hands on one...

Ok I was wondering I have been searching all day for it lol I need that for my ath scale outcast I am in the process of building a 8s 1 but not with arrma parts so thought maybe I could go with the brand lol

Ok I was wondering I have been searching all day for it lol I need that for my ath scale outcast I am in the process of building a 8s 1 but not with arrma parts so thought maybe I could go with the brand lol
For now, we can only wish for an Arrma 8S system in a 1/7-1/6 scale MT or Kraton XL. Wow, an 8S in your 1/8 scale Outcast would be outrageous...

Ya its alot of work but I'll get there eventually vxp racing 400amp esc talon 120hv leopard 58113 motor which is actually 12s capable but that is just 2 much for a 8th scale lol trying to figure out how to make it all work but it will get there it's taking alot of fabbing and I actually had to order a 3axis mill to make the parts I need. I have a computer drafting and design background and worked in a metal fan shop for awhile.

Good thing I have a v3 kraton a v3 typhon and a v3 talion kn preorder so I can still get my fix while the outcast is under the knife.
I know what you mean. I have the V3 Talion and V3 Kraton, but still want 1 more Arrma. I was thinking of the Outcast, but do not want the wing and I also want a longer wheelbase. I'm hoping for Arrma to release a 1/8 MT or even a 1/6-1/7 scale MT or Kraton XL.

Ya I hated the wing on my outcast so I did the wing delete and made my own wheelie bar for the kraton and the outcast did the wing delete on the kraton 2 did the wing delete right away before it went under the knife
20180422_055742.jpg
20180422_071537.jpg

I know what you mean. I have the V3 Talion and V3 Kraton, but still want 1 more Arrma. I was thinking of the Outcast, but do not want the wing and I also want a longer wheelbase. I'm hoping for Arrma to release a 1/8 MT or even a 1/6-1/7 scale MT or Kraton XL.
You keep saying that you hope that Arrma releases a 1/8 monster truck. I am just kind of curious as to what exactly you mean by that since the Kraton is listed on Arrma's website as a 1/8 monster truck and, I believe, is known in the RC community as a 1/8 monster truck. Or are you saying that you wish that they would come out with a more traditional/realistic 1/8 monster truck with solid locked axles?

You keep saying that you hope that Arrma releases a 1/8 monster truck. I am just kind of curious as to what exactly you mean by that since the Kraton is listed on Arrma's website as a 1/8 monster truck and, I believe, is known in the RC community as a 1/8 monster truck. Or are you saying that you wish that they would come out with a more traditional/realistic 1/8 monster truck with solid locked axles?

Different companies label things differently, even in scale size, so can be confusing with different names, etc. Myself, I consider the Kraton to be a MONSTER TRUGGY. It is like a "mix" between a Monster truck and a Truggy (due to the larger tires, increased ground clearance and inner rollcage, etc, as compared to a race truggy). I've always liked both Monster Trucks and Truggies, so the Kraton rocks!

My Team Associated Rival MT, the Arrma Nero & Big Rock are all MONSTER TRUCKS, but unfortunately the Nero/Big Rock have been discontinued (due to the Traxxas lawsuit). I do like the idea of the Nero locking diffs, but do not like that the diffs are open (cannot tune with silicone fluid). Otherwards, if Arrma made the Nero with closed diffs, and this Nero was still available, I would buy. The Nero is a MT in the traditional sense. The Arrma Granite is also a Monster Truck, but only 1/10 scale and not 6S brushless.

I definitely do not mean solid locked axles. If using 6S or even higher (if 1/6-1/7 scale), MT must have 3 closed tunable diffs, in order to handle this kind of power. I only mean ARRMA should release a 1/8 (or 1/6-1/7 scale) MONSTER TRUCK, with a traditional truck body (no rear wing). Even call it a Race Truck instead of a MT, it does not really matter. Although technically, a MT does have a raised center chassis, this does not really matter to me. Take the Outcast STUNT TRUCK and stretch the chassis/body with no rear wing and I would buy. Arrma does not have a 1/8 scale or bigger Monster Truck available to buy. Hopefully Arrma knows this and one will be available soon...

Last edited:
U can tune the nero diffs with silicone you have 2 seal the diff case there are threads on here explaining how

Can you seal them while using the Diff brain? I though you had to remove all the brain stuff and silicon the holes closed to add tuning oil...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back