Kraton 1/5 kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Different companies label things differently, even in scale size, so can be confusing with different names, etc. Myself, I consider the Kraton to be a MONSTER TRUGGY. It is like a "mix" between a Monster truck and a Truggy (due to the larger tires, increased ground clearance and inner rollcage, etc, as compared to a race truggy). I've always liked both Monster Trucks and Truggies, so the Kraton rocks!

My Team Associated Rival MT & the Arrma Nero are both MONSTER TRUCKS, but unfortunately the Nero has been discontinued (due to the Traxxas lawsuit). I do like the idea of the Nero locking diffs, but do not like that the diffs are open (cannot tune with silicone fluid). Otherwards, if Arrma made the Nero with closed diffs, and this Nero was still available, I would buy. The Nero is a MT in the traditional sense. The Arrma Granite is also a Monster Truck, but only 1/10 scale and not 6S brushless.

I definitely do not mean solid locked axles. If using 6S or even higher (if 1/6-1/7 scale), MT must have 3 closed tunable diffs, in order to handle this kind of power. I only mean ARRMA should release a 1/8 (or 1/6-1/7 scale) MONSTER TRUCK, with a traditional truck body (no rear wing). Even call it a Race Truck instead of a MT, it does not really matter. Although technically, a MT does have a raised center chassis, this does not really matter to me. Take the Outcast STUNT TRUCK and stretch the chassis/body with no rear wing and I would buy. Arrma does not have a 1/8 scale or bigger Monster Truck available to buy. Hopefully Arrma knows this and one will be available soon...

I have a feeling the traditional Monster Truck is going the way of the Dodo :(
The only 1/8th scale actual Monster Trucks that I can think of off the top of my head that are still available are the Hpi Savage X & XL, Traxxas Revo 3.3, T-Maxx(E-Maxx appears to be discontinued) and the Hobao Hyper MT.
It also appears that the Summit has been discontinued.(both the Summit and the E-Maxx have been out of stock since Januaryish.)

I have a feeling the traditional Monster Truck is going the way of the Dodo :(
The only 1/8th scale actual Monster Trucks that I can think of off the top of my head that are still available are the Hpi Savage X & XL, Traxxas Revo 3.3, T-Maxx(E-Maxx appears to be discontinued) and the Hobao Hyper MT.
It also appears that the Summit has been discontinued.(both the Summit and the E-Maxx have been out of stock since Januaryish.)

My Rival MT was discontinued (still a few left at A Main hobbies), so not sure if this was just due to Thunder Tiger pulling out? I also see A Main still carries Thunder Tiger K-Rock MT4 MT & MT4 G3 MT in stock? I also hope the Arrma Nero & Big Rock being discontinued is only due to the Traxxas crybaby lawsuit, as Monster Trucks are still popular. MT's have the ground clearance for great offroad bashing. Also should include the Losi LST 3XL-E 1/8 MT, Kyosho Psycho Kruiser VE, Cen Colossus XT Mega Brushless MT, and the Redcat Landslide XTE & Terremoto V2 MT in the mix, plus I'm sure a few others out there.

Looks like Horizon Hobbies is already trying to make their prices more competitive, maybe due taking over Arrma and seeing their sales and competitive pricing? Anyways, I see the LOSI 1/8 LST 3XL-E Monster Truck price has dropped to $549. Retail price is $799 and Horizon had been selling this for $699, until this big price drop.

https://www.horizonhobby.com/lst-3x...82825991&_bta_c=kh6d7hkhapuy5nky9mgcxsuh3kx15

Looks like Horizon Hobbies is already trying to make their prices more competitive, maybe due taking over Arrma and seeing their sales and competitive pricing? Anyways, I see the LOSI 1/8 LST 3XL-E Monster Truck price has dropped to $549. Retail price is $799 and Horizon had been selling this for $699, until this big price drop.

https://www.horizonhobby.com/lst-3x...82825991&_bta_c=kh6d7hkhapuy5nky9mgcxsuh3kx15
That's a huge price drop! But on the other hand that thing is badass ugly compared to the Arrma's.
(My personal opinion of course)

That's a huge price drop! But on the other hand that thing is badass ugly compared to the Arrma's.
(My personal opinion of course)
You mean buttass ugly?
Yeah I always thought that body was kinda fugly.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back