1/5 Outcast 8S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty sure the O8S is going to be my main basher if it runs as good as it looks. I've really been digging the bigger stuff with the Infraction and Mojave. This will be a whole new level. Probably get rid of my 1/8 stuff!
I'm sending my 6s trucks to Central America in a container when my mom sends her stuff there. Including one of the xmaxx trucks ?

I hope not, but im not selling my xmaxx until I see how this truck performs and lasts
Why not? The only thing that I see failing when I bash hard is the left rear cvd on mine. It bends so much that it starts hitting the shock body. I wouldn't sell my xmaxx though. I'm going to drive them side by side, but I already know that the O8S will be able to handle higher gearing easier with the stock electronics than the xmaxx since that's the case with the K8S right now.

I hope not, but im not selling my xmaxx until I see how this truck performs and lasts
It’s the same truck only shorter. Heavier wheels/tires so it might even be harder on the driveline and arms...

It’s the same truck only shorter. Heavier wheels/tires so it might even be harder on the driveline and arms...
Hopefully not. I think that they are the same size as the duratrax lockup x 22mm tires that I run on my xmaxx. I have noticed that the control arms last less with those tires. Out of the box, the 8S Arrma trucks seem to have better electronics (better esc and steering servo) and tires than a stock xmaxx. The body on the K8S is more durable than the xmaxx stock body too.

Hey when one of you who has an XMAX gets an 8s outcast... Can you make a real deal bash vid with stuff like long jumps and whatnot? My bud says go XMAXX, but my heart is with Arrma. Hard to gauge what is what.

Hey when one of you who has an XMAX gets an 8s outcast... Can you make a real deal bash vid with stuff like long jumps and whatnot? My bud says go XMAXX, but my heart is with Arrma. Hard to gauge what is what.
The only thing that I wouldn't do with either the K8S or the O8S stock chassis is a huge jump off the skatepark ramps or any other jump higher than around 15ft. I've done some big jumps off my ramps with the K8S and the chassis is still straight. The xmaxx body will not last long, neither will the tires and the esc might not last long either from my experience. The O8S will take higher gearing very easily, while the stock xmaxx esc will not. I still love the xmaxx due to its toughness (once you upgrade a few things like the body, tires, esc, hinge pins replaced with threaded ones, rear rpm hubs). And I love the way it looks too. Just get both ?

The only thing that I wouldn't do with either the K8S or the O8S stock chassis is a huge jump off the skatepark ramps or any other jump higher than around 15ft. I've done some big jumps off my ramps with the K8S and the chassis is still straight. The xmaxx body will not last long, neither will the tires and the esc might not last long either from my experience. The O8S will take higher gearing very easily, while the stock xmaxx esc will not. I still love the xmaxx due to its toughness (once you upgrade a few things like the body, tires, esc, hinge pins replaced with threaded ones, rear rpm hubs). And I love the way it looks too. Just get both ?
So your saying no to jumping across a 2 car garage with the Arrma lol...

So your saying no to jumping across a 2 car garage with the Arrma lol...
Or a semi. Trust me, that jump that I took with the K8S is the biggest one I've ever done with an RC. I was probably doing like 45mph and hit the ramp straight on (small ramp). But it still did a backflip and went HIGH. I still can't believe how high it went ?. And it drove away with very little damage.

Why not? The only thing that I see failing when I bash hard is the left rear cvd on mine. It bends so much that it starts hitting the shock body. I wouldn't sell my xmaxx though. I'm going to drive them side by side, but I already know that the O8S will be able to handle higher gearing easier with the stock electronics than the xmaxx since that's the case with the K8S right now.
I hear ya and I’m very interested in the Outcast 8S I will actually get this truck over the EXB I think now. I will keep my Xmaxx ya. They are different trucks as it seems. For me gearing isn’t a issue on the Xmaxx as I run a Max6 with 20/50 it’s plenty fast enough for its size. I still have the original body lol tires I’ve blown two but the 8S tires are a tremendous improvement over the 6S tires. I did do the RPM rear carriers and CEN threaded 4mm hinge pins and the truck has been bullet proof for me and trust me it takes some beatings and big air. I’m hoping it proves fairly tough the O8S because it looks so good. Out of the 8S Outcast I don’t need it to be as strong as the 6S version, I’m not crazy and know a 1/5 truck does not bash like a 1/8. I’ve been into 1/5 for a long time all gas though so to see these electric versions now days is very cool. Hmm how to get another large scale in the home without any one suspecting is actually my worry ? I’ve got the Xmaxx and a 1/5 RCMK I’m going to run out of room soon! Somethings got to go. I’ve thought of unloading a few of the 1/8’s to justify the Outcast 8S

Last edited:
I hear ya and I’m very interested in the Outcast 8S I will actually get this truck over the EXB I think now. I will keep my Xmaxx ya. They are different trucks as it seems. For me gearing isn’t a issue as I run a Max6 now with 20/50 it’s plenty fast enough for its size. I’m hoping it proves fairly tough the O8S because it looks so good. Hmm how to get another large scale in the home without any one suspecting is actually my worry ?
Yeah 20/50 is enough for the xmaxx too. Actually I might go down to 21t on the K8S because it only lasts like 12 minutes on my batteries. Those same batteries last at least 30 minutes on the xmaxx with 20/50 gearing.

Hopefully not. I think that they are the same size as the duratrax lockup x 22mm tires that I run on my xmaxx. I have noticed that the control arms last less with those tires. Out of the box, the 8S Arrma trucks seem to have better electronics (better esc and steering servo) and tires than a stock xmaxx. The body on the K8S is more durable than the xmaxx stock body too.
The K8S's system is bonkers in the X-Maxx. It could flip right over if I give it enough throttle. I don't think it's too much for the truck like the 2028 but it's definitely better than the "my first 8s" stuff it comes with. But it's also way better suited for the X-Maxx than the 8s Arrmas.

The K8S's system is bonkers in the X-Maxx. It could flip right over if I give it enough throttle. I don't think it's too much for the truck like the 2028 but it's definitely better than the "my first 8s" stuff it comes with. But it's also way better suited for the X-Maxx than the 8s Arrmas.
The ESC and motor? I guess you need to hack up a motor mount for that to fit the K8S motor in there?. For you, nothing is enough ?. I did notice that with the 23t pinion on the K8S it would act like it hit LVC after only like 5-7 minutes on dirt, but there was no flashing light (green or red) on the esc. After sitting for like 2 minutes it would run normal again. Probably taxing the esc too much with 30lbs going 45 mph on dirt I'll try with the 21t to see if things run smoother.

Last edited:
Where is yours?

109696252_739717960125990_7137756327099904599_o.jpg

Ya I also see one with my name saying must ship asap lol
Yeah 20/50 is enough for the xmaxx too. Actually I might go down to 21t on the K8S because it only lasts like 12 minutes on my batteries. Those same batteries last at least 30 minutes on the xmaxx with 20/50 gearing.
Ah! That's why I still mess around with a RCMK, sure it is oily and gas etc but the 40mins of fun time is a lot of fun. I've got a 34cc in it so it goes pretty good. Got some plans for it over the winter to install a mod OBR engine and get it really flying next summer. Yes I get a good 20mins on the xmaxx usually on 5000mah Turning HD I still can't believe that. They are a great budgt lipo and the max6 is very efficient I think. Ya I love the look of that Outcast 8S I find myself looking at it each day lol

Last edited:
The ESC and motor? I guess you need to hack up a motor mount for that to fit the K8S motor in there?. For you, nothing is enough ?. I did notice that with the 23t pinion on the K8S it would act like it hit LVC after only like 5-7 minutes on dirt, but there was no flashing light (green or red) on the esc. After sitting for like 2 minutes it would run normal again. Probably taxing the esc too much with 30lbs going 45 mph on dirt I'll try with the 21t to see if things run smoother.
I used an Integy motor mount. I said I would keep the O8S mostly stock but after seeing all those boxes I ended up with visions of a ton of shiny red stuff on a big Arrma so I think the O8S's fate is sealed :ROFLMAO:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back