1/5 Outcast 8S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
39 sec in he jumps a ramp. Full break down. Not in english, so read the subtitle. The way he landed that 6s broke somethin...SMH.
Even with the language barrier (for me anyway..) this was by far the best oc8s video to date. Love that bmx track and the futuristic looking speedrun place.

Even with the language barrier (for me anyway..) this was by far the best oc8s video to date. Love that bmx track and the futuristic looking speedrun place.
Agreed. It seemed to be the best compilation of what they had to offer yet. I'm digging the jumps and the BMX track for sure a little stunt along the way kind of help out. For me its starting to look better then the xmaxx

Last edited:
Agreed. It seemed to be the best compilation of what they had to offer yet. I'm digging the jumps and the BMX track for sure a little stunt along the way kind of help out. For me its starting to look better then the xmaxx
I can't wait until I start running mine next to my X-Maxx and K8S. It's going to be tons of fun ?

I can't wait until I start running mine next to my X-Maxx and K8S. It's going to be tons of fun ?
I wont be getting it right away unless I sell some serious RC’s. But ya I want to see mabey this will stack up to be a better truck for me then my Xmaxx. But the Xmaxx is surely a beast! Someday I may get it and keep both!

Attachments

• 9BD41CC1-F5BB-4D29-9480-9EB360A03265.jpeg
    9BD41CC1-F5BB-4D29-9480-9EB360A03265.jpeg
    406.6 KB · Views: 42
I wont be getting it right away unless I sell some serious RC’s. But ya I want to see mabey this will stack up to be a better truck for me then my Xmaxx. But the Xmaxx is surely a beast! Someday I may get it and keep both!
Nice. I canceled my pre order. Too much time waiting. It's OK. I still have my K8S and Xmaxx to keep me busy.

Nice. I canceled my pre order. Too much time waiting. It's OK. I still have my K8S and Xmaxx to keep me busy.
I canceled mine after the first week, for more reasons than one. Mostly cause I got my K8S. Filled a void. The O8S May be in my future, we shall see.

Boy how the tide has turned! Who remembers how disappointed people were when they revealed the Kraton 8S? "It’s not a true monster truck! If it were an Outcast I’d be all over it! Sign me up!" Where are those people now? ?

Boy how the tide has turned! Who remembers how disappointed people were when they revealed the Kraton 8S? "It’s not a true monster truck! If it were an Outcast I’d be all over it! Sign me up!" Where are those people now? ?

I'm one of those people! Since then I bought two X-maxx. I like the X-maxx a lot. Therefore I'm now waiting to see if they come with a Mojave exb. That would be the only car that would make me buy arrma again

I think some of it can be attributed to launching an expensive truck during an economic downturn.

I do think it was a little bit of mistake launching it early and then not being able to deliver in a timely manner. I get that they wanted to generate hype, but at the same time that wears off eventually when there's nothing to show for it.

That bad eh???
I'm afraid so. My kraton 6s drove itself against a car and my notorious 6s drove itself into a water. That as right after receiving a new esc which made the "help I'm dying" smoke signals.

My new infraction overheated after driving it for 10 minutes. The second time again so I sold it after driving it for 20 minutes.

I like the Mojave but that also seems to overheat easily so I'm waiting for a exb or a 8s Mojave

Well now, we're next to last to get it. I only ran my EXB twice since throwing it together, but all my bigs (except the X) has seen plenty of action. I even broke out my DBXL & 5T which I hardly ever touched. The K8S has lit that big scale fire in me & I'll get any 1/5 whatever Arrma is pumping out. It's kinda funny that most of the people downing the K8S never touched it but that's par for the course - so much so with the O8S that no one has over here. Anytime I try to compare the X to metal chassis 1/5s, I get heartburn. After playing around with that truck & all its flaws for 5 years, it simply can't hold a candle to the raw power that a typical 1/5 type has, upgraded or not. Dumping a 1/5 system in it is like wedging a Hemi in a Neon & telling it to go play with a Hellcat. It's great for throwing around & going max6 when the stock system blows up, but you can keep the rest - even though I tried most of it anyway :ROFLMAO:

Arrma's huge problem is supply, always has & it isn't being solved anytime soon with this Covid mess. Seeing both 8S trucks in Asia first was a bit annoying but they are made there so go figure, but they're in the UK now too - watching Kev screw around with his actually pissed me off so much I had to make a trip to the LHS to breathe in some O8S, & almost bought another EXB but I need the cash to upgrade the red beast whenever it shows up.

I still find it sorta strange that the busted promo truck would end up at my LHS a week b4 the Asians got it - yet I had no desire to run it at all :ROFLMAO: A pitiful motor will do that to you. I guess the earplugs in the diff was too much for it. But it did flip a few times & took out a ramp b4 the transmitter died & ESC crapped out :ROFLMAO: Nearly a month later, it's still there gathering dust . . .

So then it sounds as if the 8s lineup should have a roller option as well. I'd really hate to spend $1300 on somethin that isn't Arrma tough. Ugh man im still an Arrma fan.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back