1/5 Outcast 8S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jumped the O8S with stock gearing next to my xmaxx 8s with stock gearing. The O8S is way faster and jumps higher in the same ramp. It actually jumped so high that I hit a tree branch about 12 ft off the ground ?. When it came crashing down, all that broke was a read shock eye. The Xmaxx 8s drive shaft and bearings went right through the hub again while doing the same jump but with less air ?

Last edited:
I’d agree 100% the outcast jumps better and is more controllable. That’s compared to a stock Xmaxx. Compared to my modded Xmaxx with a hobbywing 56113 and 30/35 gearing TheY are close. It’s a great machine.
To be fair I just realized that the xmaxx might have been driving on 2wd (only the rear tires had traction). I recently replaced a few parts, including the front bulkhead, diff ring gear/pinion and center driveshaft, so I have to crack it open and see what happened. Still, the O8S is better out of the box than the stock xmaxx. There's no denying that. I also had the K8S with 23t pinion and stock electronics. That thing is a BEAST with that gearing . So controllable in the air and on the ground. Edit, so I did have the gear that connects to the center driveshaft in the rear broken on the xmaxx 8s, so it wasn't a fair comparison. I'll try comparing them again next time ?. All fixed up.
20200905_193227.jpg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back