1/5 Outcast 8S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
... Nice

also, I found this...
View attachment 88934
looks like we’re only good up to 56110... this rules out the 56112 2028 combo...... ??‍♂️??‍♂️??? 5692 it is?
If there's a will, there's a way ;)
I have the "fat" fastlane motor mount for my K8s and I'm running the 56113 800kv from hobbywing. Had to cut out a bit of the sideguards and dremel one or two mm's off the steering, fits well now, I guess it will be the same for the O8s since they share the front driveshaft (same length) if I'm not mistaken.

If there's a will, there's a way ;)
I have the "fat" fastlane motor mount for my K8s and I'm running the 56113 800kv from hobbywing. Had to cut out a bit of the sideguards and dremel one or two mm's off the steering, fits well now, I guess it will be the same for the O8s since they share the front driveshaft (same length) if I'm not mistaken.
Guessing you have the crusher chassis on the K8S? Any pics of that motor fitting ? I’ve heard the O8S is gonna be shorter or slightly longer than the k8S crusher...

Guessing you have the crusher chassis on the K8S? Any pics of that motor fitting ? I’ve heard the O8S is gonna be shorter or slightly longer than the k8S crusher...
Nope, I actually like the LWB of the kraton. I have a just bash it chassis that will be going onto it when the next big maintenance is up. Tried to snag pics. Still have to smoothen out the cut in the sideguard, but here it is:
20200710_101235.jpg

20200710_101333.jpg

As you can see, it's awfully close to the bell-crank where I had to dremel a bit, but I'm running that setup since February or March and no issues so far, besides the motor mount bending from that heavy motor can and high jumps ;)

Nope, I actually like the LWB of the kraton. I have a just bash it chassis that will be going onto it when the next big maintenance is up. Tried to snag pics. Still have to smoothen out the cut in the sideguard, but here it is:
View attachment 88935
View attachment 88936
As you can see, it's awfully close to the bell-crank where I had to dremel a bit, but I'm running that setup since February or March and no issues so far, besides the motor mount bending from that heavy motor can and high jumps ;)
Oh man ?...

hey check out what I just saw...
O8S inspiration in one of @Rich Duperbash ’s videos...
7D51B2DE-4C7D-4976-B9BF-14505B8C5AAD.png
590DDD62-CC93-4E12-B7AE-7185411101BD.png

Link to video : (O8S inspiration @2:20)

My hobby shop is getting 4 end of the month and one is mine.

I have promised myself to keep it stock. I will only upgrade the chassis.
Yea yea yea...We All know how that goes ;) lol ... just kidding. ?? Fingers crossed for ya bud.. I promised myself that too, now I have an esc set aside for it and a motor on the way??‍♂️

Just came back bashing it for 1hr and they are still perfect. The stock ones would of been toast. So yeah they are better than stock.
Thanks for the feedback! I'll order them through ebay. Free shipping at $34 ?

Get 4 of them.

Also my aluminum center diff housing should arrive today. Is going to look great and no more strip treads.

Hopefully they will be making aluminum bulk heads as the plastic strips very easily.

Couldn't tell ya what he's saying, but first one I've seen in the wild. Hopefully a driving vid coming soon.

Has anyone else noticed the spares for the O8S are in HH site now?

The cvd’s are 8mm shorter than the K8S, so does this mean the O8S has different a-arms than the k8s too? Cause that would just be silly.

The cvd’s are 8mm shorter than the K8S, so does this mean the O8S has different a-arms than the k8s too? Cause that would just be silly.
I've just checked both O8S and K8S manuals... they both have the same arms, turnbuckles and CV driveshafts F/R

Maybe they won’t turn into pretzels like the ones on my k8s.

Looks to be pretty cool But I already have the outcast 4S never stays on 4 wheels that's why I bought the talion

Last edited:
That bad eh? Guess they need some stronger metal when your throwing 25lbs around... more with tires and chassis upgrade.
Sometimes I just bend mine. I never can figure out why. Maybe they are too long and bottoming out on the dog bone end so they now make them shorter. I just bend them back in the lathe but if you don’t have a lathe or a vice it could be a problem. You can’t just bend them back by hand....well I can’t.

I've just checked both O8S and K8S manuals... they both have the same arms, turnbuckles and CV driveshafts F/R
Edit: it’s the new rear center driveshaft.

Wonder if this means the crusher chassis won’t fit ??

For some reason they came up with a new cvd..
4CF4FB62-432F-4991-BC9B-C52D7F220B16.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back