1/5 Outcast 8S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i like this truck ! i like the idea of a bigger outcast !
wheelbase is 430mm, just 30mm longer than a 1/8th truggy wheelbase, so that is not 1/5th, but more like 1/6th lol

wheelbase is 430mm, just 30mm longer than a 1/8th truggy wheelbase, so that is not 1/5th, but more like 1/6th lol
Yea that i don't get how its a 1/5 when the k8s is a 1/5 and the outcast 8s is even shorter than the short m2c chassis
They replaced the chassis since it was all scratched up. They managed to hit some big immovable object to bust up the front end so it had new plastics. But the body still tells the story. The body is the thickness of a 6s Outcast, but that's about half of the K8S. Regardless, it looks amazing. They pulled off a standing backflip with the stock electronics when the K8S could barely wheelie so they are getting it dialed in. I still think it should of had a 1/5 system but HH won't let them use the DBXL-e's (or the Reys') can for some dumb reason :mad:
don't forget the k8s out the box didnt have the new diff fluids or pinion gear changes they have now and if you watch the video again the outcast hops off of the wheelie bar and that is what helped it do a standing back flip... i have a k8s and only didf the center diff with 20m and 25t pinion and it wants to flip like nothing... i bet if i get that same wheelie bar on my k8s there would be no difference between the 2..... im not downing the new outcast 8s ... but to me it just a smaller wheel base k8s... cool for the guys who don't have one for a large scale stunt truck

Last edited:
Wow ? this is beautiful. I’m waiting on a new shipment of Infractions at my local HS, but I’m thinkin’ about this one. But damn it....when is Arrma going to divorce Spektrum?? Is the DX3 much better than the STX2??
When I bought my Kraton I changed the radio gear to a RadioLink RC4GS which I love. Just gonna pop another RC6GS receiver in.

That means the O8S is going to be a bit shorter than the Xmaxx. Is the O8S as wide as the K8S?
Take them both to the skatepark jungle and see what happens. ??

He claims in his latest video he only plans on getting one if it's sent to him. Doesn't like the real short wheelbase
I actually like how the K8S just slides on concrete. I have yet to flip it over while doing fast power slides on concrete. I doubt the O8S can do that, but we'll see. Now if I want to do crazy wheelies and other stuff like that, then I go to the xmaxx and probably the O8S would fit that bill too. That's why I bought an Outcast 6s and a Kraton 6s.

Yea that i don't get how its a 1/5 when the k8s is a 1/5 and the outcast 8s is even shorter than the short m2c chassis

Yeah I think 1/5 is a bit of a stretch, I'm guessing they wanted to keep the weight down. I can see how "stunting" gets more cumbersome the bigger you get.

If it's as durable as the K8S, then in my opinion, the O8S is going to be more durable than the Outcast 6s. If I was in the market for an Outcast, I would go straight to the O8S.

Yeah I like the way it looks, minus the wing.
Yeah it would look more like a true monster truck without the wing. And you wouldn't have to worry about breaking the wing mount on bad landings while doing crazy stunts. I take the wing off my Outcast 6s TBH.

Yeah it would look more like a true monster truck without the wing. And you wouldn't have to worry about breaking the wing mount on bad landings while doing crazy stunts. I take the wing off my Outcast 6s TBH.
Will you take the wing off this if you buy it? I think it would look even better.

He claims in his latest video he only plans on getting one if it's sent to him. Doesn't like the real short wheelbase
Yeah saw that. Plus he seems to be more biased towards Traxxas anyways. He likes to give a dig at the “arrma tough” slogan.

If it's as durable as the K8S, then in my opinion, the O8S is going to be more durable than the Outcast 6s. If I was in the market for an Outcast, I would go straight to the O8S.

That's kinda where I'm at.. but I don't want to go too large if I can avoid it. Larger isnt necessarily better for everything in life... :D
I'm waiting to see if they are going to release a EXB version of the O6S first as I imagine it would be just as much fun but also a lot tougher than the O8S.

This 100% an XMAX KILLER!! superior job on the design arrma!!
i MIGHT HAVE TO ADD ONE TO MY FLEET!
ARMMA FLEET4.jpg

That's kinda where I'm at.. but I don't want to go too large if I can avoid it. Larger isnt necessarily better for everything in life... :D
I'm waiting to see if they are going to release a EXB version of the O6S first as I imagine it would be just as much fun but also a lot tougher than the O8S.
Or wait for the O8S extreme bash roller ?
Will you take the wing off this if you buy it? I think it would look even better.
First I would have to sell my Outcast and Typhon 6s. I'm not sure if I would take off the wing TBH ?

Yep, that's my LHS. They just moved (down the street :ROFLMAO:) to a larger building. It was only there yesterday. I got a heads up that the horizon rep would be there on my way home from work. The thing still weighs a ton. If it hit an X-Maxx at any speed the poor plastic wonder would be toast.

Did you actually get to see all the damaged replaced parts? If so, was the chassis bent up at all?
Just some pics of the busted arms. The chassis seemed to be straight. It would be kinda hard to bend, being much shorter in the rear. Not impossible though.

Last edited:
If it isn’t as squirrelly as the 6sOC it might interest me. I like the more traditional monster look of the XMaxx. If the ratio of chassis length /wheelbase to track width is better than the 6s then it might be fun. I’d like to adapt that body to my Mojave.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back