1/5 outcast or 1/5 Kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Typhon 6s
  3. Typhon Mega
As winter is rite around the corner…
I’m considering having Santa bring me one of the 1/5 Arrma “extreme bashers!
I’ve never ran one or even seen one ran .
As some on this forum know I have a Typhon 6s V5 and a Felony so I figure I’m “experienced enuf to own one of the above mentioned.
I live and work on a farm so have plenty of acres to run such a rig
My question is !!!
Which one ????
I wanna jump stuff at 60mph
I want shock and Awe !!!!
Which one has more shock and Awe ?
Any input would be appreciated

My two cents.

I think the Outcast body is pretty cool but I chose the Kraton for an unusual reason.

Personally, the Outcast
wheelies pretty easily.....and in my opinion only....too easily for my style and my desired experience.

Kraton is 2 inches longer, will still wheelie, just not as easily, and benefits from the slightly larger wheelbase.

If you wanna do all kinds of wheelies and flips, go Outcast.

If you want the monster basher....

Kraton

Last edited:
I think both can do the job. Granted the longer wheelbase on the k8 is more stable than the Outcast, but, jumping stuff at 60mph is a big task. I'm not sure if you're just throwing out 60 as a reference, or that's a realistic goal. Both can do the job. I went with the O8s exb just because of the shorter wheelbase and less bending of the chassis. I've still bent it on landings. A K8 has a higher chance of this imo.
If you want a 60 mph tank to launch with minimal damage, I'd go with building one with all the gear M2C and Vitavon has. Sometimes I wish I did that, but I know, rolling chassis or an rtr is convenient for Santa! . Monetarily, you might end up spending a ton of cash from M2c anyway in upgrades if you run the car alot and keep it.

I think both can do the job. Granted the longer wheelbase on the k8 is more stable than the Outcast, but, jumping stuff at 60mph is a big task. I'm not sure if you're just throwing out 60 as a reference, or that's a realistic goal. Both can do the job. I went with the O8s exb just because of the shorter wheelbase and less bending of the chassis. I've still bent it on landings. A K8 has a higher chance of this imo.
If you want a 60 mph tank to launch with minimal damage, I'd go with building one with all the gear M2C and Vitavon has. Sometimes I wish I did that, but I know, rolling chassis or an rtr is convenient for Santa! . Monetarily, you might end up spending a ton of cash from M2c anyway in upgrades if you run the car alot and keep it.
Good review, I had to take the benefits of a slightly shorter wheelbase and the potential for less bending into consideration....not an easy choice.....

Not really a choice where you would be on the ' losing' end of you chose either one ....they are both beasts

Good review, I had to take the benefits of a slightly shorter wheelbase and the potential for less bending into consideration....not an easy choice.....

Not really a choice where you would be on the ' losing' end of you chose either one ....they are both beasts
Granted, I will say, the 7075 they use on the exb line bends, but it's pretty maliable. Bending it back into shape is no problem with a big pair of channys and a vice ha!

My K8S w/ the Max5 / 1100kv 27t pin pulled 54mph and I thought that was plenty fast !!! Yup , jumping bent my chassis easily , M2C is on the way as we speak !! If you don't bend a stock chassis , you're really not jumping all that much !!! LOL

My K8S w/ the Max5 / 1100kv 27t pin pulled 54mph and I thought that was plenty fast !!! Yup , jumping bent my chassis easily , M2C is on the way as we speak !! If you don't bend a stock chassis , you're really not jumping all that much !!! LOL
For sure! I haven't gps'd my outcast, but I know it's plenty fast. My latest motor/esc/gear combo are hobbystar 980/xlx2/29t pinion-36t spur.

Granted, I will say, the 7075 they use on the exb line bends, but it's pretty maliable. Bending it back into shape is no problem with a big pair of channys and a vice ha!
Yup, 7075 EXB is NOT 7075 stuff from M2C.

It took me a while to come up with.the specific wording....

Potential for less bending...

There is potential for less bending with the shorter wheelbase....

As mentioned....sooner or later, EXB will bend, unless it's the shelf queen....

Both are monsters.....

As winter is rite around the corner…
I’m considering having Santa bring me one of the 1/5 Arrma “extreme bashers!
I’ve never ran one or even seen one ran .
As some on this forum know I have a Typhon 6s V5 and a Felony so I figure I’m “experienced enuf to own one of the above mentioned.
I live and work on a farm so have plenty of acres to run such a rig
My question is !!!
Which one ????
I wanna jump stuff at 60mph
I want shock and Awe !!!!
Which one has more shock and Awe ?
Any input would be appreciated
If you have a Typhon you have a buggy so I would be inclined to go Outcast to have something totally at the opposite end of the spectrum. In the 1/5 size I think the Outcast looks even more awesome than in 1/8. I wish I could get the Notorious body on an O8S!

Even more confused !! Lol
So the Kraton drives like a buggy ?
Not sure what you mean le3phturn?
I do like the looks of the 8s outcast !!!
But I like the 8s Kraton as well
As far as the 60mph jumps
Uhm….. yeah
We have a creek that runs thru the farm it’s anywhere from 20 to 30 feet from bank to bank and I can promise if which either 1/5 scale exb I end up with , I will be “sending it “ over said crick!!!! Most likely as fast as I can
The Typhon will jump it but it doesn’t like the hayfield grass sometimes and loses speed and basic control!!!
Dang it
Priorities!!!!!!

I have both. Haven’t run the Kraton8. But I have a k6 and a outcast 6 too. The outcast is absolute chaos! It flips wheelies rolls and tumbles. It is very tough. I love the chaos of the outcast.

Building my k8s with 2028 and xlx2

We have a creek that runs thru the farm it’s anywhere from 20 to 30 feet from bank to bank and I can promise if which either 1/5 scale exb I end up with , I will be “sending it “ over said crick!!!! Most likely as fast as I can
We better get to see this! 👍

Better yet.. where do you live? I’ll bring both of mine and we can jump it together. 😎

Right on!, I'd say...id recommend watching youtube channels for RCdude81 regarding the Outcast, and Rich duperbash on a K8. See what they run and how far they go and emulate their setups. That's what I did. Those guys give a great visual on how these trucks run and detailed info on their setups.

Even more confused !! Lol
So the Kraton drives like a buggy ?
Not sure what you mean le3phturn?
I do like the looks of the 8s outcast !!!
But I like the 8s Kraton as well
As far as the 60mph jumps
Uhm….. yeah
The Typhon will jump it but it doesn’t like the hayfield grass sometimes and loses speed and basic control!!!
Dang it
Priorities!!!!!!
VIDEO IS MANDATORY !!!!!!

And not just when you succeed!! MUST INCLUDE FAILS !!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back