1/5 outcast or 1/5 Kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even more confused !! Lol
So the Kraton drives like a buggy ?
Not sure what you mean le3phturn?
I do like the looks of the 8s outcast !!!
But I like the 8s Kraton as well
As far as the 60mph jumps
Uhm….. yeah
We have a creek that runs thru the farm it’s anywhere from 20 to 30 feet from bank to bank and I can promise if which either 1/5 scale exb I end up with , I will be “sending it “ over said crick!!!! Most likely as fast as I can
The Typhon will jump it but it doesn’t like the hayfield grass sometimes and loses speed and basic control!!!
Dang it
Priorities!!!!!!

The Kraton is sort of a hybrid between a Truggy and a monster truck/stunt truck. One end of that spectrum is the Typhon - low, fast, handles amazing, and stable. Not a wheelie or backflip machine. The opposite end of that spectrum is the Outcast. Short wheelbase, much higher with much heavier wheels and tires and a short wheelbase. Much more ground clearance. Wheelies and standing backflips. If you can pull a back flip off a jump with the Kraton you can get a double with the Outcast. It is a true stunt truck and I love it. Wheelies for days, front flips, back flips, stoppies, all kinds of madness that the Kraton can't quite match. If you've had a Typhon and you get an Outcast you have both types of rig. If you can only choose one the Kraton can do everything fairly well, just not as well as either of those two.

If your top priority is flight, I think the Kraton will be the better choice purely because you can get it up to speed more easily without doing wheelies. If you are talking forward and backward flips in the air, you can rotate faster with the Outcast. If you want long distance and less sensitivity in the air, the Kraton may be the better choice.

As winter is rite around the corner…
I’m considering having Santa bring me one of the 1/5 Arrma “extreme bashers!
I’ve never ran one or even seen one ran .
As some on this forum know I have a Typhon 6s V5 and a Felony so I figure I’m “experienced enuf to own one of the above mentioned.
I live and work on a farm so have plenty of acres to run such a rig
My question is !!!
Which one ????
I wanna jump stuff at 60mph
I want shock and Awe !!!!
Which one has more shock and Awe ?
Any input would be appreciated
I have both. I think that the K8S EXB would be your rig. I can get high speed long distance jumps better with it compared to the O8S. It's a bit better since it has a longer wheelbase and it can put the power down. 👍

Here is my latest vid of my K8S if you'd like to watch , skip to 5:20 for the jumping , ..... or watch the whole thing , there is good info / testing of the Zeee vs. Hoovo batteries . ( Hoovo outperformed the Zeee ) . Also note at the beginning you can see the side guards bowed in ( that's the sign of chassis bending !!! LOL )

I have both. Haven’t run the Kraton8. But I have a k6 and a outcast 6 too. The outcast is absolute chaos! It flips wheelies rolls and tumbles. It is very tough. I love the chaos of the outcast.

Building my k8s with 2028 and xlx2
Are your comments regarding your O6 or O8?

Here is my latest vid of my K8S if you'd like to watch , skip to 5:20 for the jumping , ..... or watch the whole thing , there is good info / testing of the Zeee vs. Hoovo batteries . ( Hoovo outperformed the Zeee ) . Also note at the beginning you can see the side guards bowed in ( that's the sign of chassis bending !!! LOL )
M2C chassis solves that

I’m considering the outcast 8s now !!!
I’m sure I’ll (I mean the kids) will have both eventually!
And don’t worry about the vids of jumping the creek !!!
That’s not a problem!!
I’ve considered doing it with the Typhon but it’s usually broke before I get there!!!
Lol

I'm in the same boat as far as trying to decide between these two beasts for christmas. I'm also sort of considering the losi dbxl 2.0.

In the beginning of mine it was said "you will bend the chassis" , and I thought I didn't jump hard enough to do it , but I now did . So with that said , just assume you will be buying an M2C chassis which ads another $250 right away to this truck .

I put an M2C chassis on my V1 K8s before I even used it.. so I’ll never know if it bend or not..
My O8s still has the stock chassis and I send that MOFO! 🙃 it’s still fine the last time I checked. 🤷‍♂️

About the DBXL-E 2.0:

I decided between a Losi DBXL-E 2.0 and the Kraton 8s. The DBXL-E 2.0 won but I just sold it after 3 months before I damage too much. Very beautiful car but just too nice to bash. Excellent jumper. (Easier and cleaner to jump than the Kraton 6s. ) But when those beadlock wheels get wet they get really wet. You need to take off those beadlocks halfway (just one side) to dry - hard work, not fun. Like an hour of work just to get them back on without damaging the foam. The DBXL-E 2.0 is a real beauty - you just don't want to crash it too hard. Rolling over now and then no problem, just don't break the body cage. Just too expensive in comparison to the whole car. The sound - awful. That really put me off. The body resonates and reminded me of a driving guitar. Just not tuned. Used Velcro in some places to reduce that and fix the body parts together. Then 7 minutes driving time with the DBXL-E 2.0 and 2x 4s 7000mAh. I just felt like I want to race that car all the time. Jumping is cool but the whole body cage just seemed to wait to break if landed on it's roof. So I hardly jumped. Great car though. Bit of a pain to get to the differentials with the snap rings.

So I am actually eyeing the Kraton 8s again. Just not sure if it's the stock with upgrades or the EXB (only deliverable next year). And then go M2C. Just feel like I would not race the Kraton 8s all the time like the DBXL-E 2.0 and therefore have more driving time. Do have the XMaxx - that is real fun but very limited to Monster Truck driving style.

About the DBXL-E 2.0:

I decided between a Losi DBXL-E 2.0 and the Kraton 8s. The DBXL-E 2.0 won but I just sold it after 3 months before I damage too much. Very beautiful car but just too nice to bash. Excellent jumper. (Easier and cleaner to jump than the Kraton 6s. ) But when those beadlock wheels get wet they get really wet. You need to take off those beadlocks halfway (just one side) to dry - hard work, not fun. Like an hour of work just to get them back on without damaging the foam. The DBXL-E 2.0 is a real beauty - you just don't want to crash it too hard. Rolling over now and then no problem, just don't break the body cage. Just too expensive in comparison to the whole car. The sound - awful. That really put me off. The body resonates and reminded me of a driving guitar. Just not tuned. Used Velcro in some places to reduce that and fix the body parts together. Then 7 minutes driving time with the DBXL-E 2.0 and 2x 4s 7000mAh. I just felt like I want to race that car all the time. Jumping is cool but the whole body cage just seemed to wait to break if landed on it's roof. So I hardly jumped. Great car though. Bit of a pain to get to the differentials with the snap rings.

So I am actually eyeing the Kraton 8s again. Just not sure if it's the stock with upgrades or the EXB (only deliverable next year). And then go M2C. Just feel like I would not race the Kraton 8s all the time like the DBXL-E 2.0 and therefore have more driving time. Do have the XMaxx - that is real fun but very limited to Monster Truck driving style.
I have 4 of the big guys :
Xmaxx w/ K8S electronics - most durable / versatile / best wheelies !! 50mph
K8S w/ HW Max5 / 1100kv - fastest , best jumper !! 54mph
DBXL-E 1.0 stock , 15t pinion ( I think , LOL ) - best handling ,flies the best , very cool looks , best engineered suspension !! mph NA
SBR 2.0 stock / 500k in rear diff - coolest scale look/driving experience , fastest out of the box !!! 53mph

What you say about the DBXL-E's is real accurate , mine is in pristine condition as I don't use it much ( maybe 6 times ever ) , and even thought it flies awesome , not my fav for jumping ( K8S is ) .
I’m considering the outcast 8s now !!!
I’m sure I’ll (I mean the kids) will have both eventually!
And don’t worry about the vids of jumping the creek !!!
That’s not a problem!!
I’ve considered doing it with the Typhon but it’s usually broke before I get there!!!
Lol
Great choice either one you get !!! I also wanted to ad an O8S to my staff , but even though I have never driven one it is clear to see it wheelies very easy , which is fine cause wheelies are fun , but what I like about the K8S ( w/20mil in center diff ) it still will wheelie here and there , but when you want to just purely accelerate / pull the trigger hard and not wheelie , this thing squats and goes !!! Nice and stable for those run-ups to take off ramps / hills/etc !!

Last edited:
2nd that, the outcast 8s takes more skill to drive well but once you sus it out its excellent fun. Never had a kraton so can't comment on them but lot's of people put bigger motors in it because they say its under powered. That's not a problem with the stunt truck, outcast.

I WOULD GO WITH THE OUTCAST 8 IT LOOKS AWESOME AND DOES EVERYTHING I WANT . haven't BENT IT YET BUT I HAVE DRIVEN IT VERY CRAZY, N LOVE IT, K 8 LOOKS TO MUCH LIKE A BIG BUGGY. NUFF SAID. DAVE/DADDYO.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back