1/5th scale EXB 12s Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You would double your run time and weight in batteries but it would still only have 6s power. 1100kv on 6s = about the same RPM as 800kv on 8s for gearing purposes BUT the power difference or lack of wouldn't even see 70% of its total RPM due to drag. It would work but it would be a slow truck.
Wrong. You would double your C rating as well. Which means you can deliver more amps. You would also divide those amps in half per lipo connector. Many benefits.

Wrong. You would double your C rating as well. Which means you can deliver more amps. You would also divide those amps in half per lipo connector. Many benefits.
I didn't realize this was some kind of test. You originally asked a question. Wait a min, silly me!! .. You own one and have done this many times right? :rolleyes: Since you like asking questions and then thinking you can ONE UP someone, I'll bring you back to school real quick..

But first, ever see someone go out to buy a battery comparing AMPS vs VOLTS when they want more power and to go faster when the ESC can handle it? Yeah, me either.. Guess what they buy? A BIGGER PACK meaning more cells meaning MORE VOLTS!

Here's the answer to your FAKE NEWS. WRONG!.. You still have the SAME amount of VOLTS. Volts are pushed, AMPS are pulled but nice try.. Once you learn this I can have an educated conversation with you about power.

You could plug in infinite amounts of 25.2 V (6s) and infinite amounts of amps to go along with it.. Your STILL going to be slow on this rig with the set up mentioned....

Have a nice day! :cool:

I didn't realize this was some kind of test. You originally asked a question. Wait a min, silly me!! .. You own one and have done this many times right? :rolleyes: Since you like asking questions and then thinking you can ONE UP someone, I'll bring you back to school real quick..

But first, ever see someone go out to buy a battery comparing AMPS vs VOLTS when they want more power and to go faster when the ESC can handle it? Yeah, me either.. Guess what they buy? A BIGGER PACK meaning more cells meaning MORE VOLTS!

Here's the answer to your FAKE NEWS. WRONG!.. You still have the SAME amount of VOLTS. Volts are pushed, AMPS are pulled but nice try.. Once you learn this I can have an educated conversation with you about power.

You could plug in infinite amounts of 25.2 V (6s) and infinite amounts of amps to go along with it.. Your STILL going to be slow on this rig with the set up mentioned....

Have a nice day! :cool:
Motors pull watts, not volts, not amps. You can either upgrade the voltage or the amperage. Increasing voltage is generally more efficient as you generate less heat. But adding amperage will still get you there.

Motors pull watts, not volts, not amps. You can either upgrade the voltage or the amperage. Increasing voltage is generally more efficient as you generate less heat. But adding amperage will still get you there.

Either your not comprehending or pulling the dumb card.. Amps are pulled, volts are pushed (from a battery)... That's what we are talking about... If you increase the AMPS, you are going to STILL get the same top speed and power given the voltage.. Motors are rated by KV (RPM per VOLT) "voltage", not amps. Try again..

Either your not comprehending or pulling the dumb card.. Amps are pulled, volts are pushed (from a battery)... That's what we are talking about... If you increase the AMPS, you are going to STILL get the same top speed and power given the voltage.. Motors are rated by KV (RPM per VOLT) "voltage", not amps. Try again..
They are rated for their wattage output. They have a voltage ceiling due to RPM. However, if you run a single 6S, your voltage will sag, lowering RPMs. Add a parallel pack and your voltage will sag much less if none at all. Therefore your RPMs stay high. This concept is used all the time. Check out Innovation RCs K8S speed runs on 4S. Now imagine he had a 4S rated 56mm can. He could put up just as high of numbers as an 8S rig with 1100kv.

They are rated for their wattage output. They have a voltage ceiling due to RPM. However, if you run a single 6S, your voltage will sag, lowering RPMs. Add a parallel pack and your voltage will sag much less if none at all. Therefore your RPMs stay high. This concept is used all the time. Check out Innovation RCs K8S speed runs on 4S. Now imagine he had a 4S rated 56mm can. He could put up just as high of numbers as an 8S rig with 1100kv.
With that logic tell you what, go ahead and put 2-3s in parallel in your EXB 6s, come back in here and tell me how you love it...

With that logic tell you what, go ahead and put 2-3s in parallel in your EXB 6s, come back in here and tell me how you love it...
Wow you guys are funny
Wow you guys are funny, lot of arm chair tough guys out there, seems like you nerds would get along, bolth intrested in the hobby. Play nice ladies.

Wow you guys are funny
Wow you guys are funny, lot of arm chair tough guys out there, seems like you nerds would get along, bolth intrested in the hobby. Play nice ladies.
No arm chair here, many years under this belt. BUT, you are probably right, as long as he doesn't own a Subaru with a biden sticker on the bumper :LOL:(y)

BTW, I'm still waiting on that 3s parallel EXB!

No arm chair here, many years under this belt. BUT, you are probably right, as long as he doesn't own a Subaru with a biden sticker on the bumper :LOL:(y)

BTW, I'm still waiting on that 3s parallel EXB!
3S EXB is your straw man, not mine ✌🏻

For 12s mgm esc and motor. There is ztw but they catch fire often on 12s. 12s is going to be overkill. 10s is more usable power. Every video I have seen on 12s they can't even keep it in a straight line or even keep tires on it.
Hi bud I've got the felony 6s, how could I make this 10s and be reliable pref something I can change settings between 6s bashes and 10s speed runs, any info would be grate

Hi bud I've got the felony 6s, how could I make this 10s and be reliable pref something I can change settings between 6s bashes and 10s speed runs, any info would be grate
If you are looking to do both with 1 vehicle. That is going to be a very hard task . The setup for both are completely different. I would try and find a roller or a cheap used one.

If you are looking to do both with 1 vehicle. That is going to be a very hard task . The setup for both are completely different. I would try and find a roller or a cheap used one.
Hi bud been new to forums and the rc sceen it's a bit hard getting used to things I never new I had a message back till now lol, the reason I asked the question was because I was wanting it for bashing then reprogram if poss with diffrent batterys for speed runs but like I said I'm new and are trying to learn but when you see items for sale that boasts it can be programed from 2-12s then that got my brain ticking but I did not no if 1 motor could do both jobs and the battery situation, more than out I wanted to no if it could be done with success and if so then ide of had a crack at it and not reli got the money to buy another to experiment as just this yr alone ive bought the typhon kraton and the felony and got every car it's own batterys it starts adding up, thanks for reply and if you do think of anything just let me no bud 😀 cheers

Hi bud been new to forums and the rc sceen it's a bit hard getting used to things I never new I had a message back till now lol, the reason I asked the question was because I was wanting it for bashing then reprogram if poss with diffrent batterys for speed runs but like I said I'm new and are trying to learn but when you see items for sale that boasts it can be programed from 2-12s then that got my brain ticking but I did not no if 1 motor could do both jobs and the battery situation, more than out I wanted to no if it could be done with success and if so then ide of had a crack at it and not reli got the money to buy another to experiment as just this yr alone ive bought the typhon kraton and the felony and got every car it's own batterys it starts adding up, thanks for reply and if you do think of anything just let me no bud 😀 cheers
1 motor can do both jobs. Gearing will be different, suspension settings will be different, aero can be different,tires, spools, shocks will all have different setups. Especially with the suspension it can be many passes until it is dialed in correctly. What kind of speed are you looking to accomplish? If you are only looking for a 100mph range a setup can easily do both. Once over that you really shouldn't use 1 rig to do both.

1 motor can do both jobs. Gearing will be different, suspension settings will be different, aero can be different,tires, spools, shocks will all have different setups. Especially with the suspension it can be many passes until it is dialed in correctly. What kind of speed are you looking to accomplish? If you are only looking for a 100mph range a setup can easily do both. Once over that you really shouldn't use 1 rig to do both.
Hi bud thanks for reply, yes I'm wanting to hit the 100 mark spot on but still be able to bash it round my local car park so what set up was you thinking of that could manage both without having to swap just about every part over lol, any advice off you is all learning for me bud, I've not even had her out yet I wanted to do all my bits first then start taking it out I've just done the optional gearing with added teeth and just started the polo lights in it last night and put something on the chassis around each wheel to stop poop flying in and just sprayed all the black that looked dull as poop for a satin black 👌 thats about as far as my talent takes me lol

If 100mph is your goal. 6s power is perfect. Mmx8s/1717 or hobbywing max6/4985.
I wouldn't do a spool as a center diff. But instead 1 million weight, 250k front and 500k rear. That's would be a good bash setup that could hit 100mph. There are lots of gearing calculator out there. I honestly am not sure what gearing you would need for that mark. I would take a guess and say 27 tooth would be a good start to get used to some speed before you go up from there. 27 would be a bash pinion with the lower kv motor. Lots of YouTube videos on suspension setups for speed runs. If you do plan on running 8s. The gearing will not be the same as 6s gearing and you definitely need good fans. There are a lot more things you can do and or need but that will get you started. Temps temps temps.. watch those temps. High speed bashing is the fastest way to ruin a motor.

If 100mph is your goal. 6s power is perfect. Mmx8s/1717 or hobbywing max6/4985.
I wouldn't do a spool as a center diff. But instead 1 million weight, 250k front and 500k rear. That's would be a good bash setup that could hit 100mph. There are lots of gearing calculator out there. I honestly am not sure what gearing you would need for that mark. I would take a guess and say 27 tooth would be a good start to get used to some speed before you go up from there. 27 would be a bash pinion with the lower kv motor. Lots of YouTube videos on suspension setups for speed runs. If you do plan on running 8s. The gearing will not be the same as 6s gearing and you definitely need good fans. There are a lot more things you can do and or need but that will get you started. Temps temps temps.. watch those temps. High speed bashing is the fastest way to ruin a motor.
So what would you say is my best option to go with it on new parts im going to put an order in so I can have the spektrum dashboard on my transmitter plus I've bought a heat gun, like I said bud I'm still trying to get used to my other 2 cars its just lost my licence due to health reasons and lost my baby mk2 rs so now as I'm poorly a lot I sit in and this is my new thing and all these things I can mainly do at home, so what do you reacon is best set up for me to go bud, I've sent my last 2 cars off to somebody to do most things I carnt do 95% lol so thay have done all my oil in shocks n diffs but I'm not convinced he nos everything as I sent the typhone to me still with the problem lol so I'm looking at trying to find a company to do what I carnt or private via 1 of lads off group so what ever info is a big bonus mate

If money isn't an option castle mmx8s and the 1717
Save a few dollars with the hobbywing system but you lose the ability to data log and the safety sensors that protect you from over heating.

If money isn't an option castle mmx8s and the 1717
Save a few dollars with the hobbywing system but you lose the ability to data log and the safety sensors that protect you from over heating.
Hi bud not wanting to go silly but ide rather stick a better part in their than a cheaper alternative if you no what I mean bud even tho the lad who put my kraton exb roller a hobby wing ezrun max 6 esc and 4985 1650kv motor in it and thats silly fast but it is a proper wheely machine lol. So what parts do you reckon I should go for did you say then buddy

Million center diff,500k rear, 250k front.
Castle mmx8s and 1717, motor fan and a proper wheel alignment. 27 tooth pinion. Lots of spare tires because they do not last long and are hard to come by. Remember in the felony the front tires are different size then the back. You can not run all 4 the same size unless you do the diff flipping. Lots of threads on here about it. At that point you can run all 4 the same size and have to be the same size. Grp tires are good when you go that route. That will get you started. There are a million things you can do to upgrade more but I would not worry unless it breaks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back