1/6 scale diffs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have both. Xmaxx is way beefier. Plus the design is easier to work with. Diff doesn’t need to be opened up every time you change a bearing or drive cup.
This is seriously a huge pet peeve of mine for a lot of rcs, why can't I change bearings without having to take apart the entire diff........

Yeah I don’t understand why more companies don’t use the one piece gear/shaft with the removable drive cup ie like the Traxxas ones.

Gear/shaft one piece must be stronger and more durable then the gear and pin through shaft design.

Bearings are replaceable with stripping the diff

Drive cups are replaceable with stripping the diff

I’m struggling to see any disadvantages?

In case anyone was wondering, here is the center and front diff from my 1/10 scale Rock Rey. The cups are aftermarket. The originals were plastic. Not very big, are they?

20191002_195731.jpg
20191002_195747.jpg

Have to build that with tweezers and hemostats. I don't think my needle-nose would fit.
That's how I felt doing the diff in my micro-t... was a total pain. Was able to follow a mod to use a MicroSCT diff though, so it actually operates as a diff now and has held up a very long time vs the 2 packs it would last before.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back