Typhon 1/6 Typhon from my Take off parts bin.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^ That Front bumper is horrible looking, I agree. (being a Tbone Mojave bumper):cry:
In fact it lifts the nose severely at high speed. (n)
If anything I need to chop it much lower by exactly 80CM/3.4 inches. Or just get a an RPM/EXB. Needs to be narrow and low. Or nothing at all.
I have a OC 8s wing here .... to put on it also.
I want to get my best Speed run out of it using a 46t diff I just built, then after it will a dedicated off roader I think. (lowering the gears again) With my BF Lp's or Truggy wheels.
Careful brother, don't get bit by the speedrun bug,ALL IT TAKES IS 1 90+++MPH RUN AN ITS OVER.$$$HIIT IS EXPENSIVE .bitching ride

Just saw this thread, that’s a cool build. What’d you end up doing with the front bumper?

Thanks.
Considered the EXB bumper, but may cut down this one. I even made a template, never got around to it. I Have to sort out the front springs rates. Go firmer.
I just got my TLRT, so this was put on the side for a bit.

It's a mut. with 90% of spare parts I had lying around in bins. I was just organizing my mess here, then realized I had the makings for something different.
A complete rig sitting in parts. I like the LWB Chassis and had a new spare lim body and went to town chopping it. I was trying to keep the proportions of a Typhon 6s, in a larger scale footprint. Have a new OC8s rear wing for it. Need to mod the wing mount for it. Better scale looks in regards.

Looks fantastic. The wire braids are CRAZY cool. Nice build, must be fun!

Thanks much.
I could have just built a duplicate of just about anything I currently have. Had so many take off parts and extra JennysRc parts here. But realized I could make use of the extra LWB chassis. I upgraded to a M2C chassis on my V1 Mojave. So this chassis was the take off just lying around.
Made something different. Kraton Arms etc. The whole 6s line of parts are interchangeable.
This rig is the widest and longest of all the 6s stuff out there. Could be considered a 1/7 or 1/6 scale Typhon of sorts.

Just saw this thread, that’s a cool build. What’d you end up doing with the front bumper?
Late reply. Sorry.
I have it on my bench today, to mod in the 1/5 OC wing and work on lowering the front T-Bone bumper. (a considerable amount for sure.)
It got put on the back burner, when I recently got my TLRT Typhon last Oct.

My build here is basically the Fireteam as it turns out. Parts bin Mojave chassis, with Kraton arms/ shocks, new tires and body with soldiers.:LOL:
Arrma copied me and others doing this Bin build.

I respect your compliment. :love:

I look it on the shelf and see a Fireteam without the body.:ROFLMAO:

And no I have addressed that horrible bumper just yet. :cry:

But now you got me motivated to do just that.(y)

If you don't see me on AF for a while, you know what I am doing.:LOL:

Many AF members requested that Arrma make a 1/5 Typhon for 2021.
I would also like that and this inspired me to Build a 1/6 version of that from my parts bin.
I went through my bins and came up with these parts and assembled one easy enough

My parts:

- Mojave parts; Extra long wheelbase chassis, front shock tower, FR braces and T2T brace (CF sleeved)
- Kraton F/C/R diffs (60kF-500kC-30kR)
- Kraton V3 Rear tower
- 4 Kraton shocks (1.2mm pistons F/R; 1k CST)
-Stock BXL185 ESC/2050Kv
-DS3235sg Servo.
- Mojave ST mount
-6S Kraton Wing ( ordered a1/5 OC wing to try)
_Power Hobby 35mm ESC Fan
-30mm Turbo alloy motor fan/Exotek fan mount, 20mm HS and 20mm Fan mounted to the motor end plate.
-Kraton Front arms and all related axles, bones etc.
-RPM Rear arms and Rpm dirt guards
-M2C outdrive cups and input cups
-M2C hex adapters
-T-Bone racing F/R bumpers for the Mojave. ( just lying around new unused, didn't like them better than the stock Mojave bumpers on my Mojave RTR)
-1 Limitless Front body post at the front
- Notorious front body posts and mounts for the rear
-Mojave A and D blocks
-Kraton hubs F/R, PB's etc
-Mojave battery box and RX box
- 4 Samix SS double flanged balls ( for rear body mount spacing at the rear tower)
-Arrma adjustable wing mount low/high rise
-Mojave chassi side guards
- 4 BF LP tires/wheels and 4 DTX 1/8 Truggy X-Con pins (zero offset) to experiment with. I also have 4 Hoons Rear Fel. 53/107's on the way. White was all I could find. Wanted Silvers.
-Notorious Center cage
-Limitless stock painted body (trimmed at the rear) with a custom nose piece for the front ( made out of the rear scrap)
-Kraton ST top plate and bell crank with BB's.

Th chassis (with body) weighs in at 9 pounds without wheels and lipo. ( no upgrade alloys)
The Wheelbase is 16 3/4 inches long. Wheel Track is Stock Kraton width.

It is not finished and I may need to alter center diff gearing ( maybe a 46T spur) depending on the tires I end up with. I would expect 55mph as my target as it sits now.
Just need to drive it. Considering EXB arms F/R and stiffer Fr. springs I have sitting here.
Needs a shake down in the dirt after a few speed passes on pavement.

I will keep this Updated.
I have to thank a few members for pushing me post it here. :LOL:
I am sure this has been done by someone else somewhere.
I've seen Off road Lims before.
But this is a Lim body fitted onto an Extra Long Wheelbase 1/6-1/7 chassis.

View attachment 121618

View attachment 121619

View attachment 121620

View attachment 121621

View attachment 121622

View attachment 121623
fiddlesticking awesome my guy I really like it I may have to do something similarI!

I look it on the shelf and see a Fireteam without the body.:ROFLMAO:
You have no idea how true that is! I just posted Another thread in the Mojave group asking if anyone knew about big buggy bodies because this is exactly what I wanted to do to my fire team. @Rob66 saw it and pointed me to your build. I think it looks great I only wish the body was a little cheaper since I don’t need the front end.
I think I’m gonna try it out though it looks great on yours. I’ll probably leave the beefy fire team rear bumper, But I think the front bumper will be weak without the body frame behind it. We’ll see how it goes.
Here’s what it looks like with it way too small typhon 3S just to get an idea

image.jpg

Nice idea. I too could not source a 1/6'ish Buggy body anywhere. I am sure it exists somewhere? :unsure:
So I just used a spare Limitless body I had lying around. Cut it to fit and even made a buggy nose piece from the trimmed off lexan.
I always wanted Arrma to make a 1/5 Buggy.
I am just not a fan of the 1/5 scale MT chassis Arrma lineup.
The Mojo/FT chassis would work better IMHO.

That T-Bone stuff always looks big and awkward. But it saved me already. My son came flying past me doing his PB at 68 running the Infr and tapped my rear wheel. Sent me under a big UPS truck. A save for sure. Bumper was wedged under the rear dually tires. The driver had to move the truck to get it out. Just a scratch.

Ha, I hit something in the road last summer when bashing the side streets with my INFXN and nose-dived under some poopy sedan and got wedged under it. I had to lay under it, pull the car, and push up on the bottom of the car to yank it out.

The Mojave LWB chassis makes a great platform to play with. It drives like a large scale rig to some extent.
I did something to resemble what a large scale Typhon 6s would be like.
I used a Lim rear body. Less the nose piece. A LWB Chassis. An OC 8s rear wing. Most from my parts bin. Lying around.
Not finished yet. 90% there. Much time will be in painting the Lim body. I don't have the patience for painting like I once used to.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/1-6-typhon-from-my-take-off-parts-bin.32988/

I think I am going to steal your idea. I think I like the looks of this better than most of the monster/pickup truck body conversions I have seen so far.

Pleeeeeease change that front bumper. The rest is spot on, but that bumper just throws off the whole dynamic. Understand the need for protection and using what you got, but it would look so much better with a different bumper. Shaved RPM maybe?
I trimmed down the front T-Bone bumper about 20mm, finally.(y)
Finally Installed the 8s OC wing also. Much better looking now .:)(y)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back