Typhon 1/6 Typhon from my Take off parts bin.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SrC

RC is a lifestyle choice
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Mojave
  6. Notorious
  7. Outcast 6s
  8. Typhon TLR
Many AF members requested that Arrma make a 1/5 Typhon for 2021.
I would also like that and this inspired me to Build a 1/6 version of that from my parts bin.
I went through my bins and came up with these parts and assembled one easy enough

My parts:

- Mojave parts; Extra long wheelbase chassis, front shock tower, FR braces and T2T brace (CF sleeved)
- Kraton F/C/R diffs (60kF-500kC-30kR)
- Kraton V3 Rear tower
- 4 Kraton shocks (1.2mm pistons F/R; 1k CST)
-Stock BXL185 ESC/2050Kv
-DS3235sg Servo.
- Mojave ST mount
-6S Kraton Wing ( ordered a1/5 OC wing to try)
_Power Hobby 35mm ESC Fan
-30mm Turbo alloy motor fan/Exotek fan mount, 20mm HS and 20mm Fan mounted to the motor end plate.
-Kraton Front arms and all related axles, bones etc.
-RPM Rear arms and Rpm dirt guards
-M2C outdrive cups and input cups
-M2C hex adapters
-T-Bone racing F/R bumpers for the Mojave. ( just lying around new unused, didn't like them better than the stock Mojave bumpers on my Mojave RTR)
-1 Limitless Front body post at the front
- Notorious front body posts and mounts for the rear
-Mojave A and D blocks
-Kraton hubs F/R, PB's etc
-Mojave battery box and RX box
- 4 Samix SS double flanged balls ( for rear body mount spacing at the rear tower)
-Arrma adjustable wing mount low/high rise
-Mojave chassi side guards
- 4 BF LP tires/wheels and 4 DTX 1/8 Truggy X-Con pins (zero offset) to experiment with. I also have 4 Hoons Rear Fel. 53/107's on the way. White was all I could find. Wanted Silvers.
-Notorious Center cage
-Limitless stock painted body (trimmed at the rear) with a custom nose piece for the front ( made out of the rear scrap)
-Kraton ST top plate and bell crank with BB's.

Th chassis (with body) weighs in at 9 pounds without wheels and lipo. ( no upgrade alloys)
The Wheelbase is 16 3/4 inches long. Wheel Track is Stock Kraton width.

It is not finished and I may need to alter center diff gearing ( maybe a 46T spur) depending on the tires I end up with. I would expect 55mph as my target as it sits now.
Just need to drive it. Considering EXB arms F/R and stiffer Fr. springs I have sitting here.
Needs a shake down in the dirt after a few speed passes on pavement.

I will keep this Updated.
I have to thank a few members for pushing me post it here. :LOL:
I am sure this has been done by someone else somewhere.
I've seen Off road Lims before.
But this is a Lim body fitted onto an Extra Long Wheelbase 1/6-1/7 chassis.

20210119_025718.jpg

20210119_025801.jpg

20210119_171101.jpg

20210121_175124.jpg

20210121_174259.jpg

20210119_171131.jpg

Last edited:
Many AF members requested that Arrma make a 1/5 Typhon for 2021.
I would also like that and this inspired me to Build a 1/6 version of that from my parts bin.
I went through my bins and came up with these parts and assembled one easy enough

My parts:

- Mojave parts; Extra long wheelbase chassis, front shock tower, FR braces and T2T brace (CF sleeved)
- Kraton F/C/R diffs (60kF-500kC-30kR)
- Kraton V3 Rear tower
- 4 Kraton shocks (1.2mm pistons F/R; 1k CST)
-Stock BXL185 ESC/2050Kv
-DS3235sg Servo.
- Mojave ST mount
-6S Kraton Wing ( ordered a1/5 OC wing to try)
_Power Hobby 35mm ESC Fan
-30mm Turbo alloy motor fan/Exotek fan mount, 20mm HS and 20mm Fan mounted to the motor end plate.
-Kraton Front arms and all related axles, bones etc.
-RPM Rear arms and Rpm dirt guards
-M2C outdrive cups and input cups
-M2C hex adapters
-T-Bone racing F/R bumpers for the Mojave. ( just lying around new unused, didn't like them better than the stock Mojave bumpers on my Mojave RTR)
-1 Limitless Front body post at the front
- Notorious front body posts and mounts for the rear
-Mojave A and D blocks
-Kraton hubs F/R, PB's etc
-Mojave battery box and RX box
- 4 Samix SS double flanged balls ( for rear body mount spacing at the rear tower)
-Arrma adjustable wing mount low/high rise
-Mojave chassi side guards
- 4 BF LP tires/wheels and 4 DTX 1/8 Truggy X-Con pins (zero offset) to experiment with. I also have 4 Hoons Rear Fel. 53/107's on the way. White was all I could find. Wanted Silvers.
-Notorious Center cage
-Limitless stock painted body (trimmed at the rear) with a custom nose piece for the front ( made out of the rear scrap)
-Kraton ST top plate and bell crank with BB's.

Th chassis (with body) weighs in at 9 pounds without wheels and lipo. ( no upgrade alloys)
The Wheelbase is 16 3/4 inches long. Wheel Track is Stock Kraton width.

It is not finished and I may need to alter center diff gearing ( maybe a 46T spur) depending on the tires I end up with. I would expect 55mph as my target as it sits now.
Just need to drive it. Considering EXB arms F/R and stiffer Fr. springs I have sitting here.
Needs a shake down in the dirt after a few speed passes on pavement.

I will keep this Updated.
I have to thank a few members for pushing me post it here. :LOL:
I am sure this has been done by someone else somewhere.
I've seen Off road Lims before.
But this is a Lim body fitted onto an Extra Long Wheelbase 1/6-1/7 chassis.

View attachment 121618

View attachment 121619

View attachment 121620

View attachment 121621

View attachment 121622

View attachment 121623
Damn it! Now I want to make one! 😂

I'm to old for this kind of language, but dude, that's Siiiiiiick! :love: I was wondering what you were going to do for a body. Looks great!
I had no other choice in a buggy body. Was trying to keep the proportions of a 1/8 Typhon
It had to be an Arrma buggy type body that would fit a Mojave chassis. The Lim has a similar wheelbase. I may get a clear Limitless body and duplicate a Typhon graphics scheme. I could have easily made a standard 6S Typhon. I have spare Limitless/ Infraction arms and a SWB chassis here also. Just need the Typhon Towers and shocks and a JennysRC 6s Typhon body. But I want the revised RTR Typhon 6S soon anyway.
My 4 53/107 Hoons came today. I need to build a center Diff for speed running. I have a 46T spur and Arrma metal diff housing for it.
I clocked 59MPH today running 18/50 and SR Terrain Crushers. Sits too tall for higher speeds. Need to slam the droops and try the 53/107 Hoons now.
I have Tekno 23 and 28 pinions to start with. This rig deserves 8S IMHO. Stock ESC will be maxed. Temps are cold here now, so motor temps are around 150'sF. ESC 120'sF. May throw a 20T pin on before I swap out to the 46/23 spur/pin.
After all that I want to send it in the dirt with my DTX X- cons and BF LP's. Drop the 50/20 back in there.
:cool:

Edit: I really need to trim that front Mojave bumper. Not feeling it..... looks wrong to me 🤷‍♂️
Any one else agree???

That T-Bone stuff always looks big and awkward. But it saved me already. My son came flying past me doing his PB at 68 running the Infr and tapped my rear wheel. Sent me under a big UPS truck. A save for sure. Bumper was wedged under the rear dually tires. The driver had to move the truck to get it out. Just a scratch. Rig would have been wrecked without it. My son had a cam on the Infr. But it was destroyed. Wish I had the footage. SD card was corrupted.:cry:
The Infr. went flying 30 feet and skidded on its roof another 10 feet. That Infr is industructible. Just scuffs and needed a minor ST trim and she was running in the high 60's again 3 min later. Cam was a loss though. 🤷‍♂️

That T-Bone stuff always looks big and awkward. But it saved me already. My son came flying past me doing his PB at 68 running the Infr and tapped my rear wheel. Sent me under a big UPS truck. A save for sure. Bumper was wedged under the rear dually tires. The driver had to move the truck to get it out. Just a scratch. Rig would have been wrecked without it. My son had a cam on the Infr. But it was destroyed. Wish I had the footage. SD card was corrupted.:cry:
The Infr. went flying 30 feet and skidded on its roof another 10 feet. That Infr is industructible. Just scuffs and needed a minor ST trim and she was running in the high 60's again 3 min later. Cam was a loss though. 🤷‍♂️
Man I'd have payperviewed that!

Ran it on (4) 53/107 White Hoons tonight just to break-in the tires on a half charged 6s. I got 39MPH. The Terrain Crushers (same gearing-50/20) got me 59MPH.
I feel the 53/107 Hoons are not the same quality as the 42/100's. I have new sets of both and the 53/107's are dimpled and not flat across the tread. The tire beads are glued uneven and don't line up with the wheel inners. All the 42/100's are way better glued, are flat across the tread and balance better. FWIW. 🤷‍♂️
I am brainstorming a way to put the 1/5 OC wing on. The wing button spacing is wider. Alu. angle bar has to be Dremeled to mount it I guess.
Going to lower the front bumper bar by 15mm.

I ran a set of 4 53/107 white Felony Hoons today with 23 pinion/50spur. GPS pulled 59.43 mph on 6s. I have a 46 spur here. I am not sure if a 24 pinion will make much of a difference speed wise. Not sure if a 24 will even fit. Does anyone know if a 24Pin will fit a 50T spur??? Looks like the Motor mount is maxxed out. I have some play. It might squeeze in there???
I want to run in the dirt now with BF Lp's and the zero offset truggy pins before I change out the spur to 46t.
Still working on the 1/5 OC Wing for it. Then maybe do some graphics on the body.. And I want to drop the Front T-bone bumper more.
The wannabe large XLWB Typhon is really dialed right now. Straight as an arrow. And drives nothing like my Mojave. It wont do wheelies BTW.

20210127_151642.jpg

20210127_152057.jpg

20210127_161804.jpg

20210127_161858.jpg

Last edited:
I am impressed with this beautiful build but i am more impressed with the fact that it is from the parts bin! My parts bin....some wheel nuts, wheels with blown out tires, and some A-Arms. Haha.

I had no other choice in a buggy body. Was trying to keep the proportions of a 1/8 Typhon
It had to be an Arrma buggy type body that would fit a Mojave chassis. The Lim has a similar wheelbase. I may get a clear Limitless body and duplicate a Typhon graphics scheme. I could have easily made a standard 6S Typhon. I have spare Limitless/ Infraction arms and a SWB chassis here also. Just need the Typhon Towers and shocks and a JennysRC 6s Typhon body. But I want the revised RTR Typhon 6S soon anyway.
My 4 53/107 Hoons came today. I need to build a center Diff for speed running. I have a 46T spur and Arrma metal diff housing for it.
I clocked 59MPH today running 18/50 and SR Terrain Crushers. Sits too tall for higher speeds. Need to slam the droops and try the 53/107 Hoons now.
I have Tekno 23 and 28 pinions to start with. This rig deserves 8S IMHO. Stock ESC will be maxed. Temps are cold here now, so motor temps are around 150'sF. ESC 120'sF. May throw a 20T pin on before I swap out to the 46/23 spur/pin.
After all that I want to send it in the dirt with my DTX X- cons and BF LP's. Drop the 50/20 back in there.
:cool:

Edit: I really need to trim that front Mojave bumper. Not feeling it..... looks wrong to me 🤷‍♂️
Any one else agree???
Pleeeeeease change that front bumper. The rest is spot on, but that bumper just throws off the whole dynamic. Understand the need for protection and using what you got, but it would look so much better with a different bumper. Shaved RPM maybe?

^^^ That Front bumper is horrible looking, I agree. (being a Tbone Mojave bumper):cry:
In fact it lifts the nose severely at high speed. (n)
If anything I need to chop it much lower by exactly 80CM/3.4 inches. Or just get a an RPM/EXB. Needs to be narrow and low. Or nothing at all.
I have a OC 8s wing here .... to put on it also.
I want to get my best Speed run out of it using a 46t diff I just built, then after it will a dedicated off roader I think. (lowering the gears again) With my BF Lp's or Truggy wheels.

Nice looking build @SrC i like it I can see you’re attention to detail in this build. Could I ask where you got the wire cover at (y)

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back