Infraction 1/7 scale road racing thread. (T/C,G/T, F1, and Indy)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally about to try the stiffer springs on the front tomorrow. Have done enough laps now on the stock springs to do the test and hopefully notice any difference.

There was a race on that day, so they'd already changed the track layout to something I'd not driven before, so I couldn't compare times. Hopefully later this week.

Hi Everyone,

New to this forum, but have been checking out post for a while. This thread made me join as I'm excited to learn about the tweaks y'all are making on the infraction. I have a felony, but found the rear end to be very very squirrely. I've tweaked the front and rear suspension and was able to get the car to settle down, but it's still a bit loose. I've purchased the TLR suspension blocks from a kit breaker in hopes that I can further dial in my suspension (I understand its not a straight bolt on). My aim is to increase rear toe and anti-squat, reduce front caster, and introduce negative active caster. Excited to see what's next!

Hi SLow1. Welcome. I'm still doing some tweaks to my infraction, and still need to change shock oil weights, try even stiffer springs, play with rear ride height in particular to try to get more turning at the front. The weather here in Australia has just been so wet this year it has really slowed down my progress.

Hi Everyone,

New to this forum, but have been checking out post for a while. This thread made me join as I'm excited to learn about the tweaks y'all are making on the infraction. I have a felony, but found the rear end to be very very squirrely. I've tweaked the front and rear suspension and was able to get the car to settle down, but it's still a bit loose. I've purchased the TLR suspension blocks from a kit breaker in hopes that I can further dial in my suspension (I understand its not a straight bolt on). My aim is to increase rear toe and anti-squat, reduce front caster, and introduce negative active caster. Excited to see what's next!
Welcome to AF!! If you really want to stabilize the rear you're better off converting the rear to run on the same size tires as the front. You'll need a 42T ring and 15T input gear for the rear diff (also called GP5 gears). The grip of the 107mm Hoons just isn't that great. What is worse, however, is that the front and rear diff on the Felony, combined with the different sized tires produces a different wheel speed front/rear. That this would upset the handling of a car doesn't really need further explanation. If you want to keep the wider rear tires, try the Powerhobby Gripper wheels. They come in both 42 & 54mm widths but they're both 100mm diameter.

Thank you both for the welcome!

I was eager to begin tuning and already made several suspension adjustments (anti squat, active caster, etc.). The rear end feels more planted/stable now, but I think the tire combo and diff swap are my next steps. As noted by Diem Turner, the different front and rear diff speeds really result in a upset/rear biased feel. Combined with the Dboots grip (or lack thereof), this makes for a very tail happy car. My hope is the diff and tire swap will let the car pull out of corners with reduced rear push. My only other consideration is a thinner center diff fluid. This will let the diff unload power to the front under hard acceleration, reducing this rear push.

Sometimes I want to ask someone like Basherqueen if it's possible to make a front shock tower that can take the TLR pills. If it's doable and enough interest I suppose...

I've already adapted new old stock Durango C and D blocks with the pills last summer before the TLRT came out. I'm glad the TLR exists so I can get spares if they break.

Sometimes I want to ask someone like Basherqueen if it's possible to make a front shock tower that can take the TLR pills. If it's doable and enough interest I suppose...

I've already adapted new old stock Durango C and D blocks with the pills last summer before the TLRT came out. I'm glad the TLR exists so I can get spares if they break.
That would be fantastic and would really help bring some nice tuning options to this platform. Check me as interested in a set!

Almost finished my Serpent SRX8 LWB build. It will be very interesting to see how this race oriented car compares to my modified layout 4S infraction.

I just can't decide how to paint the wing.

Almost finished my Serpent SRX8 LWB build. It will be very interesting to see how this race oriented car compares to my modified layout 4S infraction.

I just can't decide how to paint the wing.
Love it (y) I just converted my Infraction for track racing which I plan on taking to a track sometime in the near future. I'd hazard a guess that it's going to blow the Infraction out of the water as it's a dedicated track killer. Just a hunch, but I'd be shocked if not. Personally, I'd probably paint the wing in the same color as the racing stripes. That should tie it together nicely.
1657952404747.jpeg

1657952440615.jpeg

Last edited:
I went with fluoro orange as I've found by watching lots of other cars on the track, that for my eyes, I can see fluoro orange the best at high speed on the furtherest away straight at my local track.

Otherwise I'd prefer red, but red is definitely faster... into the tyre wall, for me
Also, back to my infraction, I have had some big, big crashes with it at the track, and it's held up fine. That durability is good for letting you be comfortable trying different breaking point, and just making lots of mistakes.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back