1/8 Monster truck inserts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just went thru the same thing. The foam in the D Boots tires seems to be pure crap. My back flips still have 99% of the tread left. So, I found some foam at a Craft Barn (3"X24" cut to whatever length you want at $14.00 a foot) 1 foot is enough for 4 tires. I used a coffee can to mark the outer diameter and a spare wheel to mark the inner diameter. I used an electric carving knife to make the cuts. I cut the inner about 1/4" smaller than the mark so it would fit the wheel tight then cut the outer about 1/4" larger than the mark. I got an m 12 (I believe) bolt (It had a 17mm head) about 2 inches long and a nut to install into the spare wheel to use as a mandrel. Put the foam on the wheel and spun it with a cordless drill using a 60 grit sanding sponge to trim and tru the outer diameter to fit snug in the tire. Makes a bit of a mess. I have only run them 2 or 3 packs but seems like they will be ok. Time will tell. I have a few ideas for next time to try and improve the process.

I've not had to make more as of yet but they are holding up very well. They are a little bit stiffer than the originals with the foam I used and seem to balloon a lot less. I made sure the fit on the wheel and in the tire was nice and tight to keep the foam from slipping around. Balance was pretty good also.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back