Typhon 1/8 On Road GT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So holy crap. Changing the wing means the extreme rear shock setup and stupid rake is way too much.

First of all any braking means we're riding on the front bumper and losing steering and braking because the 15mm rake rear to front means the front bumper is so low it's like 10mm fron the ground.

No good.

Blatantly better aero going on so way less rear squat.

The shock setup was working with the crazy rear wing and now the car is just ridiculously high in the rear and not compressing at speed.

Now we have a super loose rear end. No downforce. Way too high ride height in the rear. Major performance loss.

Now we have limited the rear suspension with zip ties and have a 6mm rake from rear to front wheel to wheel.

That's gonna lift the front bumper but without that ridiculous downforce from the stock bitty design rear wing I think this thing is not gonna blow over. Gonna see tomorrow for sure.

Everything seems to be improving incrementally.

Even the aesthetics are gonna be better without the crazy car suspension look.

Hey, comrades.

So the sway bars I ordered last christmas finally arrived today. ara330699 and another one.

Got a sway bar installed on the front. Took a little doing since I have RPM arms in front and the vendetta arms that have the spot for the ball joint naninani that attaches to the sway bar are too short.

Real easy though. Just drilled a 5/32" hole in each arm so there was lots of meat for a 3mm screw to bite.

Got the typhoid out in the twilight and did some parking lot bashing. Loads of fun. Getting lots of sparks from the titanium buttons on the bottom. The 150A cuts me off with the battery at storage. Lovely.

I dunno where I left off here but I made a low to no downforce rear wing and put some aluminum shocks in the rear. Got that whole blow over thing pretty much licked.
20220806_233206.jpg
20220806_233216.jpg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back