Typhon 1/8 On Road GT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't want zero suspension in the rear. I considered putting links in but I want to do more than run in a straight line on a perfect road.
Also I installed some titanium washers on the lower front bumper. I was disappointed we didn't get any sparks but we were taking it pretty easy considering the weather.
Great looking build so far. I just picked a typhon mega up and 60$ in vendetta parts to build a second plastic chassis speed runner along side my vendetta.
With my vendetta I started having a lot of problems with it flying in the air once I hit 130-135mph. It was like clockwork every time it would just take off.
Things that helped was getting the front lower and also making a way to run droop screws in the front like a limitless.
I also added rubber hose to the rear shocks shafts to keep them from being able to compress. My best with that car is 145 and hope to go faster this spring.
Hope these things can help you out.
68C69EA0-7A9A-4DDC-AD63-56787C934019.jpeg
3E2825C5-FF67-4C59-BFF0-C037B6AC34EE.jpeg

Last edited:
Wait wait. Explain droop screws??
They basically keep the front shocks from being able to lift up. It allows you to adjust ride height also.
With the weight of the car and your battery loaded and you lift the front of your car the shocks unload. These keep that from being able to happen.
What’s common is when the front will hit slight bumper or something in the road the shocks will bounce and lift, these keep that from happening

A much simpler way to do this is you can wrap zip ties around the tower and control arms.
I went with a little more involved project but it is adjustable.
I’ve got it lowered down a good bit now but If I need to raise or lower more I just adjust the screws

Last edited:
Been following this thread since it started. Now that you’ve tried so many vendetta parts, I was wondering if you thought it was possible to turn a 3s Typhon into a GT light. i want a second 8th scale street car for ripping around with my son when we run our vendetta, is there a abbreviated simpler parts and mod list to doing so if we’re looking for no more then 50 - 60 mph max and less speeds? Truthfully my son and I just like to race around parking lots, so I just want it to fit in a gt body, either a bitty or delta 1/8th body and sit fairly low. in Reality my arrmas 1/7’s are too big for this, the vendetta has been a good size, but a slightly higher and more sprung version would be fine. I was thinking of just dhortening up the shock travel with fuel line and adding droop screws, but not sure if that’s enough. I am not opposed to swapping to vortek towers and shocks if needed, but if not needed I prefer keeping it simple. Im not worried about the body mounts themselves, I usually make my bodymounts with kydex for my off-roaders, I’m newer to street builds.

Been following this thread since it started. Now that you’ve tried so many vendetta parts, I was wondering if you thought it was possible to turn a 3s Typhon into a GT light. i want a second 8th scale street car for ripping around with my son when we run our vendetta, is there a abbreviated simpler parts and mod list to doing so if we’re looking for no more then 50 - 60 mph max and less speeds? Truthfully my son and I just like to race around parking lots, so I just want it to fit in a gt body, either a bitty or delta 1/8th body and sit fairly low. in Reality my arrmas 1/7’s are too big for this, the vendetta has been a good size, but a slightly higher and more sprung version would be fine. I was thinking of just dhortening up the shock travel with fuel line and adding droop screws, but not sure if that’s enough. I am not opposed to swapping to vortek towers and shocks if needed, but if not needed I prefer keeping it simple. Im not worried about the body mounts themselves, I usually make my bodymounts with kydex for my off-roaders, I’m newer to street builds.
So what I have discovered is that the delta / bitty form factor makes the vendetta look puny. The vendetta a arms are much shorter. Also you might get away with mounting these bodies on the shock tower post holes but the fit is tight with the vendetta towers. I dunno how well it would work without the front and rear vendetta bumpers and body mounting scheme either. The main OOB advantage to the vendetta is I imagine much better aero without having to make a solution for the floor/not worst ground effects ever that happens fitting one of these bodies on the 4x4 chassis. Ofc I understand you guys are parking lot bashing and not trying for 100mph or anything. I think it would look really odd with where the wheel wells on these bodies are if you had to mount the body higher as opposed to using the vendetta body post scheme. Higher shock tower, higher body is gonna mean a huge unsightly gap in the wheel well or having to shorten the shocks sooo much the chassis is lower than the axles if you know what I mean.

I am going to be completely honest here but starting with a donor infraction or felony or simply building a limitless would have been a great option.

I might be a bit down on this car right now because snow and sub zero temperatures but I am not sure if I could have used less vendetta parts and made the body fit like I have. It was an expensive project by my standards and it isn't without problems but man o man just on 3S and 4S and parking lot bashing it is fun. Gets 60mph no problem power slides and drifts. Looks effing dope. It has been a super fun build. I mean I am blatantly building a limitless maybe this year or next though.

So what I have discovered is that the delta / bitty form factor makes the vendetta look puny. The vendetta a arms are much shorter. Also you might get away with mounting these bodies on the shock tower post holes but the fit is tight with the vendetta towers. I dunno how well it would work without the front and rear vendetta bumpers and body mounting scheme either. The main OOB advantage to the vendetta is I imagine much better aero without having to make a solution for the floor/not worst ground effects ever that happens fitting one of these bodies on the 4x4 chassis. Ofc I understand you guys are parking lot bashing and not trying for 100mph or anything. I think it would look really odd with where the wheel wells on these bodies are if you had to mount the body higher as opposed to using the vendetta body post scheme. Higher shock tower, higher body is gonna mean a huge unsightly gap in the wheel well or having to shorten the shocks sooo much the chassis is lower than the axles if you know what I mean.

I am going to be completely honest here but starting with a donor infraction or felony or simply building a limitless would have been a great option.

I might be a bit down on this car right now because snow and sub zero temperatures but I am not sure if I could have used less vendetta parts and made the body fit like I have. It was an expensive project by my standards and it isn't without problems but man o man just on 3S and 4S and parking lot bashing it is fun. Gets 60mph no problem power slides and drifts. Looks effing dope. It has been a super fun build. I mean I am blatantly building a limitless maybe this year or next though.
thanks for the great reply
1 much appreciated and I totally get where your coming from. I have found most of my project cars wind up costing more then a ready purchased option, like you I sometimes still prefer the building and modding part that comes with your own builds, especially hybrids.
I’ve been doing off-road builds for awhile, though I have a bunch of one-ad cars, I haven't driven them a ton and have worked on them less.;. So I think I’m going to do the prudent thing and get a 1’8 roller bobas to use with the vendetta, at $300 delivered plus whatever basic 1/8 take out electronics I have around, I’ll wind up with a capable machine.
‘then maybe I’ll look at eventually doing something with the typhon. I’m not a huge buggy driver and hace a 6s trugified Typhon I drive when the buggy bug bites so to speak, so I either convert the 3s into a light gt or something else.

Ok so maybe that was not helpful but you definitely need to adopt the front bumper of the vendetta to run a GT body to avoid annihilating your body and shorter shock towers I think the vorteks although shorter are still quite tall compared to the vendetta.

I might just suggest getting a vendetta. Why not?
Ok so maybe that was not helpful but you definitely need to adopt the front bumper of the vendetta to run a GT body to avoid annihilating your body and shorter shock towers I think the vorteks although shorter are still quite tall compared to the vendetta.

I might just suggest getting a vendetta. Why not?
Late thoughts made a wierd reply from me! I am gonna be honest. I miss my typhon already. This car is awesome cool but I could rip up a parking lot with my typhon too. Now I have a car that can do less if you know what I mean.
1/8 roller bobas(?)

The parts I ordered in the mail got turned around at the border and luvrc gave me a full refund, shipping and everything.

Some new developments. My workmate ripped the carbon diffuser off his Merc in the snow a few weeks ago and gave me the busted parts! I am going to make the side floor things out of it and maybe a new rear wing. Seems like a perfect fit.

For the front splitter I got the front splitter and lower front bumper off what I think is a limitless. Looks like it will maybe not directly but pretty easily bolt onto the vendetta bumper. Looks keen already. Pretty excited to get going with this.
20220214_195321.jpg
20220214_195112.jpg

Last edited:
And actually it was you all along over here! And you actually explained all that poop to me already. Maybe all those beer cans you see littered in the background of my photos has something to do with my information retention problems. 😅👍👍

So my fancy body has taken a beating and is wearing thin on the roof. I had to black out the windows to repair and reinforce.

I work in tunneling and we have repair patches for the ventilation airbag. They're vinyl and belted and have spade age adhesive I activated with a heat gun.

20220217_212242.jpg
20220217_212237.jpg
20220217_212250.jpg

Lovely stuff. Nearly an eighth of an inch thick ffs. I don't know if you guys noticed but I used flex paste on some spots like the front wheel wells and so on. I didn't use any on the roof because I was so proud of my window masking and that. The flex paste works awesome btw. The front wheel wells are cracked af but the flex paste poop is holding it together.

Word to the wise though: flex paste does not keep well.

Last edited:
Got the front splitter almost 100 percent installed.

20220217_201341.jpg
20220217_201315.jpg

Ground it down to fit just right under the body.

Very easy mod only had to drill 4 holes for M3 flatheads.

Ara320527 limitless front splitter

Ara320515 you need the splitter mount part out of the limitless front bumper bag. Fits almost perfect onto the vendetta bumper.

Just read through this whole thread. What a build. Very impressive. That is a really nice body, all the tinkering of the suspension and aero bits make me think I wouldn't be able to pull off a project like this. Great work

Ehhh.

My only experience is breaking our 4x4s so many times over a year and a half.

We've broken literally everything more than once and learned lots about the platform.

It's all plug and play besides the extra stuff. All the parts are compatible for the most part and besides having an idea it's pretty easy to mix and match.

20220219_200834.jpg

That being said I got one side on for a floor/air dam I cut out of that carbon fiber mercedes diffuser! Double sided tape and a few screws to hold it on. Bought a dremel and got one side done before the cutting disc exploded.

Gotta go get another pack of curring discs tomorrow and do the other side.

Thought I would share. Mangled rear hubs meant my bearings had all kinds of slop. I also melted motor wires on the weekend doing 6S runs with my stupid gear ratio. Two rounds of soldering.

20220325_173334.jpg
20220325_173328.jpg

Gonna just keep this 4S and dedicated parking lot basher. Can't get above 67 mph without a blow over. It's more fun to drift and wreck tires.

Bought a limitless but I am sure it will take a while before I innovate or even offer anything different building it until I understand the platform better. This was my magnum opus kit bashing the 3S line and I have a super fun cool looking all road but it will never go as fast as I want to. But it'll turn and burn like nobody's business. I love it.. on 4S it is solid and I will never have to worry about anything but the tires. It's a basher to be sure.

Last edited:
Thought I would share. Mangled rear hubs meant my bearings had all kinds of slop. I also melted motor wires on the weekend doing 6S runs with my stupid gear ratio. Two rounds of soldering.

View attachment 208526View attachment 208527
Gonna just keep this 4S and dedicated parking lot basher. Can't get above 67 mph without a blow over. It's more fun to drift and wreck tires.

Bought a limitless but I am sure it will take a while before I innovate or even offer anything different building it until I understand the platform better. This was my magnum opus kit bashing the 3S line and I have a super fun cool looking all road but it will never go as fast as I want to. But it'll turn and burn like nobody's business. I love it.. on 4S it is solid and I will never have to worry about anything but the tires. It's a basher to be sure.
Bro throw a typhon body on it an build a mod1 38t spur then $HIT GETS CRAZY...SPOOLS ARE MUCH EASIER THAN I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE

16482464310371959025293068559387.jpg

I'm at 98mph with this little bastard 4s .just installed new motor an should bypass 100 soon as wind quits blowing. 30mph gust today

Attachments

• 16482467836338624700787197121207.jpg
    16482467836338624700787197121207.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
20220419_115751.jpg

Trimmed out some of the body to lower the body posts and raise the ride height in the rear.

Replaced the rear shocks with 103mm 11mm bore aluminum 4x4 arrma shocks with 1325 cst oil. Got one good run in without a blowover this weekend before the snow (????) hit.
20220419_120347.jpg
20220419_120351.jpg
20220419_120409.jpg

Looks like I have room for that fancy little diffuser bit now.

Pretty sure that big rear wing with all that drag is creating front lift over 70-80mph and making her backflip.
I would flatten that wing flat, or almost flat and try again.
Just my .2

Pretty sure that big rear wing with all that drag is creating front lift over 70-80mph and making her backflip.
I would flatten that wing flat, or almost flat and try again.
Just my .2
I just ghetto fabricated my no/low downforce wing and fitted it!

20220419_144625.jpg
20220419_144614.jpg

Didn't cost me anything except some time and a few exploded dremel discs.

Got to admit. It's pretty ugly.

20220419_144621.jpg

Looks great to me.
Keeping them grounded is more important than anything.
Catch a big headwind one day and she gonna look all fk'd up.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back