1/8 vs 1/10, worth it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not only 1/10 vs 1/8 but also 3s vs 6s.

3s is fun and fast, the 1/10 blx line is great but once you pulled the trigger of a 6s rocket you will instantly understand why you spend double the money.
And you will not get that smile off your face, it's priceless..
If you have the budget, go 6s.

It's not only 1/10 vs 1/8 but also 3s vs 6s.

3s is fun and fast, the 1/10 blx line is great but once you pulled the trigger of a 6s rocket you will instantly understand why you spend double the money.
And you will not get that smile off your face, it's priceless..
If you have the budget, go 6s.
Correct you are, but you’re forgetting now you’re comparing 6 pounds vs 12 pounds.

I wouldn’t go 6s if you have a budget LOL

Haha, we are not helping this guy ;)

Tell me about it. ?

Granite for starters I think, it'll be miles better than my beat up Torment, no doubt.

Then wait in hiding for a decent black friday/xmas/easter/ramadan/fruitcake toss day deal on something 6s.

Tell me about it. ?

Granite for starters I think, it'll be miles better than my beat up Torment, no doubt.

Then wait in hiding for a decent black friday/xmas/easter/ramadan/fruitcake toss day deal on something 6s.
It's always hard making these choises if you are not totally going for 1 rc, i.e. for the looks.
But you are going for Arrma and that is always a good choice.
If you are coming from a Torment the Granite is a huge improvement in everything, you won't regret it.

I would just go 1/8 scale and start with a 4s battery. If its a budget you are concerned about..... you are going to spend more on purchasing a 1/10 and then buying a 1/8 later on when you want more power" which you will ".

I would just go 1/8 scale and start with a 4s battery. If its a budget you are concerned about..... you are going to spend more on purchasing a 1/10 and then buying a 1/8 later on when you want more power" which you will ".
The 3s 1/10 scale is not just a less powerful 6s truck, though. It is a different driving experience. I have a 3s Granite, a 6s Typhon (sort of) and a Kraton. They are all different drives, and complement each other. A 6s outcast would not be a replacement for a 3s Granite.

The 3s 1/10 scale is not just a less powerful 6s truck, though. It is a different driving experience. I have a 3s Granite, a 6s Typhon (sort of) and a Kraton. They are all different drives, and complement each other. A 6s outcast would not be a replacement for a 3s Granite.
Thanks for the info. I had no idea....... :unsure:

When this question gets asked on the FB group the majority of the responses are "6S!" and they come from people that only own 6S rigs. Jerry hit the nail on the head. They both offer different things and you really need to experience both to understand it. I love both scales and will run the one that fits my mood and environment.

When this question gets asked on the FB group the majority of the responses are "6S!" and they come from people that only own 6S rigs. Jerry hit the nail on the head. They both offer different things and you really need to experience both to understand it. I love both scales and will run the one that fits my mood and environment.
Well, I have owned 1/10 scales that are less powerful; so I believe I am versed in both. I completely agree with you and Jerry.... its actually quite obvious. However, in my experience, If I could do it over again, I would have just purchased the bigger, quality RC, rather than spending more on quantity, if I was on a budget. If a budget did not exist, I'd buy all of them. (IMO)

If a budget did not exist, I'd buy all of them. (IMO)
Winner winner chicken dinner. :)

But budgets are real... :(

If I could have only one, it would be a Kraton. If I could not afford a Kraton, the Granite would be a good 2nd choice. Really, it it cant handle much more power than the 3660 BLX motor it comes with (I tried... lol) and that gives it a similar "on the ragged edge" feel as the 6s. The big difference- the 6s CAN put down more power, and that moves that edge up several notches...

Winner winner chicken dinner. :)

But budgets are real... :(

If I could have only one, it would be a Kraton. If I could not afford a Kraton, the Granite would be a good 2nd choice. Really, it it cant handle much more power than the 3660 BLX motor it comes with (I tried... lol) and that gives it a similar "on the ragged edge" feel as the 6s. The big difference- the 6s CAN put down more power, and that moves that edge up several notches...
I agree, if I could only afford one it would be Kraton. If I couldn't afford Kraton it would be Granite blx. I'm waiting to see whats up with the new line and will be getting both.

The Granite hands down. I've tried to kill this truck and it won't die. I hated it at first because it wasn't like my Stampede 4x4 in certain regards, but now it's my main RC and I'm willing to put money into it to make it even better than it already is.

The Granite hands down. I've tried to kill this truck and it won't die. I hated it at first because it wasn't like my Stampede 4x4 in certain regards, but now it's my main RC and I'm willing to put money into it to make it even better than it already is.
Can't wait to get mine. Sold out everywhere and on backorder. Going to be my everyday around the house basher.

It's kind of funny, the more I think on it, I have 2 1/10th scale trucks and 6 1/8th scale (if you count the revos). Regardless which "big" truck I take, I always take one of my small trucks, and honestly, I have just as much, if not more fun with those. Something about flicking a really light overly powered vehicle around that is just fun.

1/10 trucks the size of the Granite or Stampede are just more fun to me because they fit into tighter spaces that a 1/8th wouldnt, aren't as dangerous coming at you at 35mph, and are much easier to transport and store. Bigger rigs would be great fun but only if I had the space to run them in.

1/10 trucks the size of the Granite or Stampede are just more fun to me because they fit into tighter spaces that a 1/8th wouldnt, aren't as dangerous coming at you at 35mph, and are much easier to transport and store. Bigger rigs would be great fun but only if I had the space to run them in.
Even more so at 45mph! ;) They are so light they tend to get pretty sketchy as the speed goes up. My 3S stampede runs pretty much the same speed as my outcast on 4S with a 15T pinion and trencher 3.8's. Flies just as high and just as far... but it's really squirrely when I open it up on pavement. The outcast isn't nearly as bad... on 4S.

Give me a reason, or several, to spend double the money on a Kraton vs a Granite BLX.

General bashing, jumping in a park. From what I've seen on YT, the new 1/10 line is hella quick and relatively bombproof. The only advantage I see for going with a 1/8 basher is added stability due to size and weight and better handling of rough terrain and less-than-golf-course-grade grass.

Right now I bash an ECX Torment and, while it is fun, being a 2wd open diff HCG small wheel big body thing, it kinda sucks.

Will a Granite 4x4 BLX be that much better or should I save up for a Kraton/Notorious/Outcast?

Thanks for your 2c.
Bigger is better,talion an xmaxx owner.never run 1/10 again,to small.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back