1/8 vs 1/10, worth it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you could choose two rigs to buy, would it be a) granite and Kraton, b) granite and v4 talion or c) Kraton and v4 talion?

If you could choose two rigs to buy, would it be a) granite and Kraton, b) granite and v4 talion or c) Kraton and v4 talion?
I would choose Kraton & Talion

I purchased a Typhon V3 last summer, it is my least desirable rig out of the 3 that I own. I'm considering to sell it, and give the Talion a try...... or if the wife approves, I will just keep it and buy the Talion as well.

A little update:
considering an almost-new used Notorious (ran thrice, says the guy) for 500 euros, including 2 6s 5000 packs. I'd have to pay at least 650 for that if buying new.

SWB was not my first choice but if I don't like the insanity, I guess a LWB conversion isn't that expensive...

As most Arrma stuff is on backorder right now anyway, that'll give me some time to think (and hide some extra cash for the batteries).

I see a Kraton in my future. Judging by some construction site bashing vids it looks much more composed than the Notorious or Outcast, due to the longer WB I guess.

Thanks for the replies!
The kraton is worth every pennie. I myself just got mine 2 weeks ago. Absolutely love it. Wanting to sell my 1/10 traxass stuff just so I can buy another kraton for my daughter

Give me a reason, or several, to spend double the money on a Kraton vs a Granite BLX.

General bashing, jumping in a park. From what I've seen on YT, the new 1/10 line is hella quick and relatively bombproof. The only advantage I see for going with a 1/8 basher is added stability due to size and weight and better handling of rough terrain and less-than-golf-course-grade grass.

Right now I bash an ECX Torment and, while it is fun, being a 2wd open diff HCG small wheel big body thing, it kinda sucks.

Will a Granite 4x4 BLX be that much better or should I save up for a Kraton/Notorious/Outcast?

Thanks for your 2c.
Just saying on my personal preference I like my granite it flips nice in the air plenty of power. and I beat on it,I have a kraton to and it’s fun but more times I take the granite. you will not be disappointed with the granite 3SBLX

The rumored Kraton 4s might be exactly what you're looking for no?
have no idea when it planned to be released, but it cant be too far away
Currently she is running a hopped up slash platinum 4x4 on 3s. She does pretty good. So I was thinking just buying another v3 when they drop the price. Big picture i guess is just having a back-up. And the fact that its the best RC I have ever owned

I like the... established...ness of the 6s blx line on the market. Parts and hopups available from multiple sources, very good track record, not sure if I'd like to go with something new (or still rumored).

Well, the size will be a pretty obvious difference :)

As I don't have access to a skate park or dirt jumps, I have to run on whatever I can find - construction sites, high grass etc. That's why I'm thinking it may be worth getting a bigger truck. For example, my Torment gets all out of shape when it encounters a molehill. Not fun at all.
You definitely want the bigger kraton I think based on this, granite is small. Blue kraton is $491 on Amazon! Also you can do pay in 4 so you hardly notice it in your Bank balance lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back