1/8th Scale 8s Kraton Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This the guy that has me thinking about spending 40$ on ceramic bearings so I can run 8s on my max6 combo too! lol

Nice build =D

I kinda feel like I sabotaged this one inadvertently a little bit…😂

When I put 4 coats of fluorescent green on I knew it would be bright but my god, it was imo obnoxiously loud and in your face.
I had all intentions of backing it in white and then a final can of black. In an on the spot decision I skipped the white all together in an effort to tone it down a touch and backed the green with 6 coats of black.

Toning it down to the point of more like Incredible Hulk green.

Not exactly what I was going for but it’ll work for bashing purposes and it came out with really good depth.
4E415B87-F82A-4E33-B990-4BF241AE57B6.jpeg
219F0961-1351-4685-94DC-1E182B8D4AF2.jpeg
764A8F95-569C-4FEF-9C13-ABF4943F5721.jpeg
7E5C5660-F2E6-474D-BED0-2C965ED724DA.jpeg
B6FC742B-0949-4EAC-A77C-DFAD03DBECFF.jpeg
C2D73152-1812-4141-9596-B4661DB2BA69.jpeg
EF263828-22BE-4FAE-9308-6CCA84B7EE1F.jpeg

I kinda feel like I sabotaged this one inadvertently a little bit…😂

When I put 4 coats of fluorescent green on I knew it would be bright but my god, it was imo obnoxiously loud and in your face.
I had all intentions of backing it in white and then a final can of black. In an on the spot decision I skipped the white all together in an effort to tone it down a touch and backed the green with 6 coats of black.

Toning it down to the point of more like Incredible Hulk green.

Not exactly what I was going for but it’ll work for bashing purposes and it came out with really good depth. View attachment 196938View attachment 196939View attachment 196940View attachment 196942View attachment 196943View attachment 196944View attachment 196945
Very interesting body! Hold that one for the October photo contest 🤘🏻

I’m actually contemplating selling it in classifies and starting over. It’s not really my style and a little too nice to lawn dart and beat the crap out of it just so I can hurry up and replace it with something else. I want to like it…but I walked in the rc room just now and was like…”meh” 😕
I’m too picky when it comes to certain things unfortunately.
Thoughts….or first dibs?

dibs
I’m actually contemplating selling it in classifies and starting over. It’s not really my style and a little too nice to lawn dart and beat the crap out of it just so I can hurry up and replace it with something else. I want to like it…but I walked in the rc room just now and was like…”meh” 😕
Thoughts….or first dibs?
I liked it a lot before you hit that green :)
but it's still cool af

Thoughts….or first dibs?
I would take dibs but there’s not enough gimps with guns for my taste 👅 🤣🤣🤘🏻🤘🏻

Thoughts….or first dibs?
Needs green wheels to match 😉

I would have taken it, but the ocean is too large and the shipping would be crazy 🤪🤪🤪

Quite sure it will sell real fast if you put it in the classifieds..!!

Thoughts….or first dibs?
You crazy! I would keep it for the RC room.
Hey you asked for thoughts. ;)

Completely rebuilt and ready to go.

8DB20751-3463-42C4-A883-CC20CC3DB32D.jpeg

19C1942D-4BDB-41C0-BE2C-68B7F46BBACF.jpeg

Weight with belted katars (no lipos)
E0F3FF63-C2AE-4888-9691-8F063FDE1E88.jpeg

Weight with (2) 4S packs
44E4A4E0-DBF4-4F7E-9601-4F24412298F7.jpeg

Weight with backflip LPs (no lipos)
F55B3FE9-D7CD-4732-B737-FC8113A70F54.jpeg

Weight with (2) 4S packs
8CA0FF07-01E5-4380-8798-ED896E98FF01.jpeg

3 awesome bash sessions this afternoon and not a single breakage (all on 8s)
24B26C48-D46F-49C3-A978-599C9755E8FA.jpeg

Taking a dinner & whiskey break before heading back out for 1 more

3 awesome bash sessions this afternoon and not a single breakage (all on 8s)
View attachment 213410
Taking a dinner & whiskey break before heading back out for 1 more
You just blow past the whiskey detail like we don't wanna know. 🥃

I have had some Sexton tonight. Starting to explore more Irish whiskeys lately. Bought some Green Spot and Redbreast 15 too.

You just blow past the whiskey detail like we don't wanna know. 🥃

I have had some Sexton tonight. Starting to explore more Irish whiskeys lately. Bought some Green Spot and Redbreast 15 too.
I’m a pretty loyal Jack Daniels fan.
He gives me pointers when I decide to send it off the dirt mound on the regular 😂

I’m a pretty loyal Jack Daniels fan.
He gives me pointers when I decide to send it off the dirt mound on the regular 😂
Just normal Jack Daniels Number 7? I never gave Jack a fair chance as I thought it was a poor mans whiskey, but I have found out recently that there are some really good budget whiskeys out there. I will have to give it a try again and see what I'm missing. I tend to assume expensive things are better than cheap things, but that just isn't true. It can be true, but often isn't.

I enjoy sitting on the front porch and sipping it neat, whatever it is.
Jack Honey is good too but there’s fewer out there that can get past the initial taste from what I’ve seen. I got a fifth as a tip from a client and didn’t like it at first. Fast forward a couple years and now it’s my 2nd go to

I enjoy sitting on the front porch and sipping it neat, whatever it is.
Jack Honey is good too but there’s fewer out there that can get past the initial taste from what I’ve seen. I got a fifth as a tip from a client and didn’t like it at first. Fast forward a couple years and now it’s my 2nd go to
Yep I transitioned to neat pours a while back and haven't gone back to ice. I started with Old Fashions, went to on the rocks pours, then a whiskey rock, then finally a neat pour. I find that Ice really changes most whiskeys for the worse. There are probably a few exceptions, but most I've gone back and tried don't hold up well. They usually get weirdly tannic.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back