1/8th Scale 8s Kraton Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey @Mr.Duke
Whatever you choose we know its gonna look wild. Just saw the news and they're saying NC is getting hit pretty hard by Dorian. Hope it isn't affecting you or any other of the members in its path. Be safe all.
All good. I'm about 150 miles inland and just caught the outer edge.
IMG_1495.PNG

20-30mph winds and a little over an inch of rain, so it's wasn't that bad here.

It was a tough choice, but for this one I decided on Gangsta Skulls in Red, backed with White to brighten up the red, then Black for the final color underneath.

IMG_1545.JPG

IMG_1543.JPG

IMG_1541.JPG

IMG_1540.JPG

My Backflip LPs showed up today too ?
IMG_1549.JPG

Last edited:
Definitely a PITA. I start with a bowline knot on one end, wrapping twice then reversing direction coming through the loop on the bowline. Wrapping twice more in the opposite direction.
I put a drop of CA on each knot and each place the line crosses in the center.
IMG_1600.JPG
IMG_1601.JPG

I threw the original Outcast shocks on that I turned into spares, and they were a little too beat up for this build so I ordered a new set of shocks, which showed up today.
Got those on and tested the 8s setup on the stand to make sure everything worked as it should.

IMG_1641.JPG

IMG_1642.JPG

IMG_1643.JPG

Still have to set the suspension and alignment up and go over the whole rig to make sure everything is tight and nothing got missed.

I should have this build wrapped up and out for its first test run this weekend.

I threw the original Outcast shocks on that I turned into spares, and they were a little too beat up for this build so I ordered a new set of shocks, which showed up today.
Got those on and tested the 8s setup on the stand to make sure everything worked as it should.

View attachment 48085

View attachment 48086

View attachment 48087

Still have to set the suspension and alignment up and go over the whole rig to make sure everything is tight and nothing got missed.

I should have this build wrapped up and out for its first test run this weekend.
So clean and shiny! Plus some balls to back it up. Awesome!

After comparing some numbers, I'm pretty happy with only gaining 1.08lbs over a stock v4 Kraton (running a single 6s pack). Considering all the upgrades I've added and running 2 extra cells, I'll take it.

My v3 Talion with the same M2C chassis, ESC & motor, aluminum upgrades, on worn down backflips weighed in at 13.118lbs running a single 6s pack.

IMG_1665.PNG

Take the backflips off and put Katars on and the weight drops down to 12.016lbs with no other changes.
IMG_1666.PNG

I spent tonight finishing up version 1.0 of my 8s Kraton build by putting the final touches on like thread lock on screws, body pins, wheelie bar, GPS, alignment and so forth.

Found a home for the Garmin GPS under the wing and plan on taking it out for a street bash sometime tomorrow to see how this 4985 performs on 8s. I'm actually more concerned about the tires holding up than I am about the motor. Running 20t pinion and 46t spur has me geared for 82-83mph

IMG_1695.PNG

IMG_1692.JPG

IMG_1694.JPG

IMG_1699.JPG

IMG_1703.JPG

IMG_1704.JPG

IMG_1707.JPG

IMG_1708.JPG

IMG_1710.JPG

IMG_1711.JPG

I'm pretty pleased with how it's turned out so far. Now I just have to keep from blowing it up ?

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back