1/8th Scale 8s Kraton Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know I said too many times in that video that 8s was “too much” or “unnecessary”, but.... after a couple more sessions since then, I’m starting to finally adapt to the hyper sensitive throttle response and will probably keep running it like it is.

I know I said too many times in that video that 8s was “too much” or “unnecessary”, but.... after a couple more sessions since then, I’m starting to finally adapt to the hyper sensitive throttle response and will probably keep running it like it is.
What about adjusting the exp a little bit, maybe to be more subtle at the beginning?

If anyone is curious about the weight gain from 6s to 8s

B71AE614-E575-4A86-BCCF-FF4EB89056E4.jpeg

PowerHobby 5200mah 75c 6s

83A74C58-FEB4-438F-87A5-B6D7F2485F08.jpeg

PowerHobby 5200mah 50c 4s (x2)

an increase of 149grams ?

68F2652B-3E1C-4D49-BC7A-11A2DA29FB51.jpeg

I finally found my groove with this rig on 8s today and was rewarded with the most satisfying run I’ve experienced to date. It elevates my pulse from start to LVC and keeps it there. No breakages, hit 4or 5 front flips, countless doubles, one triple and sprayed myself with 2 or 3 rooster tails.
Gobs of power and I do believe I finally got the setup balanced out perfectly for my style of bashing.
This is what makes this hobby so addicting imo. The perfect run.

Been away most of the week on business but had a chance to run 3 packs through the Kraton on 8s today and this thing continues to impress me.
6s is starting to feel slow now compared to running 8s. Diffs are holding up fine and the motor seems to love it. Power for days but the tires are begging for mercy ripping across open fields at WOT

As an experiment I’ve been running these same 3 diffs untouched for right at 1 year and after 50+ packs, most of which were running 8s, I finally exploded the rear diff a couple days ago.

Im not sure if I want to tear the entire rig down for a fresh rebuild on everything or pull the rear apart and keep running to see how long the other 2 can go. I’ll dig into it over the next few days and see what let go inside the rear diff.

@Mr.Duke very nice build! Do you happen to have any info on that fan mount?
Have them on all my 6s Arrmas.
I made it myself to hold two 30mm fans and cool the motor because no one made one that was worth buying and didn’t look like pure garbage once installed.

After mulling it over for a couple days trying to decide whether to just replace the broken pin and sun gear or tear the whole rig down for a complete rebuild, I decided to continue testing the durability of the diffs as they are and just replace the broken parts along with 2 new bearings and some fresh 60k for the rear.
5FE312FD-B65C-4632-959D-89E6A7C0A265.jpeg
5BF65371-B196-436B-9E92-B36A447428CF.jpeg

I try to get the next couple 8s runs on video and upload them here

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back