1/8th Scale 8s Kraton Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Duke

Community Leader
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Notorious
  5. Outcast 6s
  6. Talion
  7. Typhon 6s
All these spare parts builds popping up recently got me motivated to build a couple new Arrmas of my own.

Build 1: 8s Kraton/Talion Hybrid

IMG_1320.JPG

Got most of the parts already minus the a v4 Kraton body and tires. (Still deciding on what film to hydrodip the v4 body in).
Tires will more than likely be the new Backflip LPs wrapped with 50lb braided spiderwire to keep from ballooning while bashing at high speeds.

This will be a Kraton with an M2C Talion chassis for better front to rear weight distribution, and powered by a Max6 ESC and 4985 1650kv motor running (2) PowerHobby 4s 5200mah 50c packs for 8s

Gearing is 20/46 for a target speed of 80mph

*** Edit 9/15/19***

Final Build Specs v1.0

~ M2C Talion v3 7075-T6 Chassis
~ HR Front & Rear Chassis Braces
~ Voltage Hobbies Front & Rear Shock Tower
~ M2C Rear Skid plate
~ RPM Front Bumper & Arrma Typhon Pin Retainer
~ HobbyWing Max6 3-8s ESC
~ Hobbywing 4985SL 1650kv Motor
~ Tekno 20t Pinion
~ Arrma Infraction 46t Spur
~ Twin 30mm HobbieStar Alum Fans
~ ProModeler 470 HV (440oz-in/0.12 @7.4v) Servo
~ Voltage Hobbies Servo Mount
~ Arrma V4 Motor Mount
~ Front Diff 60,000cst
~ Center Diff 1,000,000cst
~ Rear Diff 30,000cst
~ Outcast Wheelie Bar & Wing
~ dBoots Backflip LP Tires Wrapped with 65lb Line & Sealed
~ Custom Hydrodipped Kraton V4 Body

Last edited:
I built an Outcast a couple of months ago from all the spare parts I had laying around the total cost was like $200 including Shocks, Body, suspension and diffs, Put a BLX185 system I had spare and she is ripping. Now i'm planning on put a Talion chassis in it and see if that makes her more stable.

I couldn't make up my mind on the hydrographic film so I narrowed it down to 2 and bought both this morning, along with a clear v4 Kraton body.

IMG_1335.PNG

I might let you guys decide on which one to hydrodip once they get here later next week.

In the meantime, I've gotta start the assembly process and get this thing put together.

I couldn't make up my mind on the hydrographic film so I narrowed it down to 2 and bought both this morning, along with a clear v4 Kraton body.

View attachment 47006

I might let you guys decide on which one to hydrodip once they get here later next week.

In the meantime, I've gotta start the assembly process and get this thing put together.

I vote for the second one.

Watching the bodies you've done has got me wanting to give it a go. Thinking about ordering a body early for a future rig I want to do. Already have the film picked out.

I vote for the second one.

Watching the bodies you've done has got me wanting to give it a go. Thinking about ordering a body early for a future rig I want to do. Already have the film picked out.
I encourage you to give it a try and am willing to give any advice on all the tricks to make the process easier that I've learned. There are a few patterns out there that are almost impossible to mess up (transparent flames is one of them) so PM me or let me know in the hydrodipping thread and I'll be glad to assist you along the way. https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/hydrodipping-rc-bodies-how-to.10765/#post-120141

Last edited:
I encourage you to give it a try and am willing to give any advice on all the tricks to make the process easier that I've learned. There are a few patterns out there that are almost impossible to mess up (transparent flames is one of them) so PM me or let me know in the hydrodipping thread and I'll be glad to assist you along the way.

Thank you. And yeah, I think I found one that's almost foolproof and it'll be on a Typhon body so it shouldn't be crazy rediculous like I'd imagine the Noto would be. When I get to get the stuff I'll definitely shoot you a message.

All these spare parts builds popping up recently got me motivated to build a couple new Arrmas of my own.

Build 1: 8s Kraton/Talion Hybrid

View attachment 46851

Got most of the parts already minus the a v4 Kraton body and tires. (Still deciding on what film to hydrodip the v4 body in).
Tires will more than likely be the new Backflip LPs wrapped with 50lb braided spiderwire to keep from ballooning while bashing at high speeds.

This will be a Kraton with an M2C Talion chassis for better front to rear weight distribution, and powered by a Max6 ESC and 4985 1650kv motor running (2) PowerHobby 4s 5200mah 50c packs for 8s

Gearing is 20/46 for a target speed of 80mph
Mr. Duke this looks like a sick build. Super excited to see it finished. Do you think the backflip lps will hold up at 80? I will be curious to hear your findings. Looks like a fun build. ??????

Mr. Duke this looks like a sick build. Super excited to see it finished. Do you think the backflip lps will hold up at 80? I will be curious to hear your findings. Looks like a fun build. ??????
I'm going to have to wrap them in braided fishing line to have any chance at keeping them from coming unglued at those speeds. 6s should be fine but 8s won't

View attachment 47006

Needs titties.

That thing will be a bruiser. Those Bf lp’s are the real deal. They are much lighter than the originals, I don’t seem to be reglue in nearly as much and have not had one blow up on the 4985. ONLY running 6s though.
One more thing is the HW 4985 is not rated for 8s. May be okay but you may want to look into it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back