1/8th ZD RACING shocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you opened and checked them inside as the bladders weren't fitted in properly to mine :-(

Wow that is exactly the same issue as mine!!!

Did they work better without the bladder?
Mine like OKđź‘Ť.
As for oil I’d go somewhere between 600-1000cst depending how heavy your truggy is and how much jumping you are planning to do. IMO 600cst is a good starting point.

Have you opened and checked them inside as the bladders weren't fitted in properly to mine :-(

Wow that is exactly the same issue as mine!!!

Did they work better without the bladder?
I never got to try them with the bladder but they worked fine without.

i had orderd a set for my zd 9021 v3 but after about 2 months they all have leaked, so they went in the garbage, i used my 6s kraton shocks on the zd now, and my kraton got the gpm shocks which are much stiffer upgrade

Ahh well if they fail it was only ÂŁ8 ($10) now for the set as AliExpress refunded a partial refund :)

Anyone have advice/part number for where I can get a 20mm shock bladder? I'm running with an o ring right now because of the over sized bladder that came with these shocks but thought I might like to try it with the bladder.

Anyone have advice/part number for where I can get a 20mm shock bladder? I'm running with an o ring right now because of the over sized bladder that came with these shocks but thought I might like to try it with the bladder.

Saw these when I was looking but haven't tried them

Hobao Shock Bladder 20mm, 4pcs part number 89105

Thanks i had seen those but haven't been able to find them available in the US and shipping $$ from AUS is a no go for me.

I bought some ZD racing shocks off Amazon recently, and only just got around to opening up the package. And sure enough, shock oil all over the inside of the bag they came in.

Opened the one shock that was covered in oil and it too has a shock bladder way to large for it, looked like it was just stuffed inside the shock tbh. Quite disappointing really, as these shocks are well made.

Here’s a link to the ones I got off amazon
https://a.co/d/0z3tiLO

Did anyone find shock bladders that fit?

I bought some ZD racing shocks off Amazon recently, and only just got around to opening up the package. And sure enough, shock oil all over the inside of the bag they came in.

Opened the one shock that was covered in oil and it too has a shock bladder way to large for it, looked like it was just stuffed inside the shock tbh. Quite disappointing really, as these shocks are well made.

Here’s a link to the ones I got off amazon
https://a.co/d/0z3tiLO

Did anyone find shock bladders that fit?

What does the shock oil smell like in yours? Did it have a WD40 sort of smell to it (eg not like what silicone oil smells like)

I found some but they would come from AUS and cost more than the shocks once you paid for shipping. I got a refund from the seller so I am probably going to go with one of the Arrma swaps.

What does the shock oil smell like in yours? Did it have a WD40 sort of smell to it (eg not like what silicone oil smells like)
Yes it did, and it had white blobs in it too. It’s too bad really, other than the bladders being way to large and the mixed up shock oil, they are nice shocks.

And are you guys for sure 20mm shock bladders are the right size? I’ll order some up and take the plunge if you guys think that’s the right size.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back