1 cell has voltage voltage while in storage.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimbobjr

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Mojave EXB
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
So I have a 4s pack which suddenly has no volts in one cell while the others seem to gain voltage. Is this a wiring problem or does that cell really have no volts? Pack had the 15.4s volts for storage (3.8 or so each cell) but it has seemed to leave one cell and join the others. Those are over 5, Any thoughts? Pack is not that old, and never puffed.

So I have a 4s pack which suddenly has no volts in one cell while the others seem to gain voltage. Is this a wiring problem or does that cell really have no volts? Pack had the 15.4s volts for storage (3.8 or so each cell) but it has seemed to leave one cell and join the others. Those are over 5, Any thoughts? Pack is not that old, and never puffed.
What are you checking your cells with?

I have a plug in lipo checker that goes on the balance lead. Also my charger confirms it as well. I need to investigate further inside the hardcase. I’m nearly certain the battery is good and the balance lead is hosed up inside.

I have a plug in lipo checker that goes on the balance lead. Also my charger confirms it as well. I need to investigate further inside the hardcase. I’m nearly certain the battery is good and the balance lead is hosed up inside.
Okay just wanted to check, I know on my charger I need to get a new balance board because if I move it the voltage of the cells go way off or a cell drops off, and if I wiggle it around it goes back to normal.

Sounds like a balance wire broke on you. Is it a pack with a large balance plug "protector" on it? Buddy of mine had gensacearespammers packs with those on it and refused to strap the balance leads down when bashing. The extra weight of the protector made the plug bounce all over the place and eventually work harden the wires and they would break inside the insulation.

Sounds like a balance wire broke on you. Is it a pack with a large balance plug "protector" on it? Buddy of mine had gensacearespammers packs with those on it and refused to strap the balance leads down when bashing. The extra weight of the protector made the plug bounce all over the place and eventually work harden the wires and they would break inside the insulation.
Thanks for the replies guys. I will have to open up the hard case and look in side. I only get around 12 volts from the main connector so something must have let loose. I get around 15 total from the balance Lead but nothing from cell number 1. Maybe it will make more sense when I open it up.

After taking the lipo out of the hardcase 1 cell was dead, all leads and connection intact. I charge that cell on a usb charger thru the balance lead for a couple hours to see if it would charge. Got around 3.5v in it and threw it back on my charger and balanced it....Only thing I did prior to this cell dropping out was change to ec5 connectors. ?‍♂️

Once I had a cell that did that in one of my SMC's, even though it took a charge, I let it sit overnight and it self discharged below 2V by morning. I didn't try using it after that.
I have it setting in a safe place until I get home from work. hopefully it will hold a charge. Its a Hobbystar 6500mah, 75c 4s. One of the best pairs I have atm for the k8s...

Sad to say, that cell will not hold a charge. I might try to replace it with another of similar vintage. I think I have some 2s packs on storage somewhere in this mess which have the same mah...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back