Kraton $100 budget for 2 3s lipo. Need help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jk420

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Need a good set of 3s lipo for my kraton. Like to jump so need hard case. My budgets $100. Anyone have any recommendations for a good bashing lipo let me know. Thanks all!

Check the budget lipo section....
And try hobby king.
Ive been running turnigy lipos for almost a year now. One out of 10 has a slight puff but that was from running on grass on a 37c day with my typhon so she got a little hot!
All the rest are still like new.
Alot of others say smc are good... I haven't tried them myself but are next on my list when i needsome new batteries :)

Are these soft packs ok to jump with? Maybe a 10 to 15 feet in the air?

These are great lipos.
$100 shipped. Fit perfect in the battery tray side by side with no movement.
RCJuice.com - I have about 6 of their lipos and they are great.
Also, check out Hobbykings Turnigy Nano-Tech lipos. I have a bunch of them and no issues.
upload_2017-8-30_22-44-8.png

Lol thanks a bunch guys! These all seem like good lipos. I was checking out the smc 5400mah I would really like to get these but it says pre order. Should I email them and see what the eta on them would be? I like them because of the high c rating and it being hard case. Not to mention in by budget lol.

Would these fit side by side in the tray or would you have to stack them?

Why not 6s brick? Much easier to handle than 2 3s packs and generally fits better. I made the switch to HRB 6s pack from Ebay or Amazon.

Why not 6s brick? Much easier to handle than 2 3s packs and generally fits better. I made the switch to HRB 6s pack from Ebay or Amazon.
My charger only charges up to a 3s pack lol.
I use power hobby lipos they are 5200 mah, 3s and 50-100c! Great deal you get 2 of em for just under $100
Do these bad boys fit in the tray. Its hard to find 2 3s hard case lipos that will fit. Maybe I'm just looking hard enough lol.

My charger only charges up to a 3s pack lol.

Do these bad boys fit in the tray. Its hard to find 2 3s hard case lipos that will fit. Maybe I'm just looking hard enough lol.
Yes they do fit they fit great in my outcast even with room to spare! And they're great lipos

Yes they do fit they fit great in my outcast even with room to spare! And they're great lipos
So my next question. Is it better to have a hard case lipo or soft? I like to jump my rc and have a soft pack that feels like there is some air trapped in the shrink wrap. I've had one puff on me and I wouldn't say it's puffed and all cells check out fine. Is it ok to use or should I not take the risk? And if remember right the outcast tray is a bit wider.

These are great lipos.
$100 shipped. Fit perfect in the battery tray side by side with no movement.
RCJuice.com - I have about 6 of their lipos and they are great.
Also, check out Hobbykings Turnigy Nano-Tech lipos. I have a bunch of them and no issues.

Yup these are what I use too. No need for hard case with how snugly these things fit. Love them.

So my next question. Is it better to have a hard case lipo or soft? I like to jump my rc and have a soft pack that feels like there is some air trapped in the shrink wrap. I've had one puff on me and I wouldn't say it's puffed and all cells check out fine. Is it ok to use or should I not take the risk? And if remember right the outcast tray is a bit wider.
If youre going to run soft packs get an outcast battery tray... Or make a cover for your spur gear.
Personally i stick with hardcases.
Smc and i think its a reedy wolfpack?
Make 3s hardcases the size of 2s packs... They only go up to around 4300mah tho

If youre going to run soft packs get an outcast battery tray... Or make a cover for your spur gear.

Those Steel spur gears don't care if you have a hardcase or not! They'll nom-nom through anything...:D

I'm looking at the smc 4500mah 90c 3s. Lighter battery than what I have now and it's hard case. The soft pack I have is a 5000mah but with the air I'm trying achieve I may need a lighter battery lol.

Which is why i made covers for mine....
Had some spur rash on my 6s basher after a few big jumps with the kraton!
That's not good. Ya I've dumped a lot of money into it lately and need to slow down lol but....eventually I'll pick up the outcast battery tray.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back