Typhon 100 mph 6s Typhon?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You will need a 27T pinion with the 34T spool from the Limitless instead of a center diff. You will also need Hoons or GRP tires.
I've got a 550 upgraded that runs a hundred plus I'm just new to this 6s what's the three differentials as opposed to the 550 and the 3s
You will need a 27T pinion with the 34T spool from the Limitless instead of a center diff. You will also need Hoons or GRP tires.
So I'm not going to use the center differential?
Because my 550 and 3s only have two differentials

Just purchased a arrma Typhon 6s and I'm wondering what pinion gear and spur gear I need to use to achieve a hundred plus miles per hour
You might also consider changing the esc as well as buying a very powerful battery if you plan to stay 6s.

You might also consider changing the esc as well as buying a very powerful battery if you plan to stay 6s.
100c 6s is what I run.
I'm just not real sure what the post above that was talking about with the differential

100c 6s is what I run.
I'm just not real sure what the post above that was talking about with the differential
@jondilly1974 was saying that to get to 100, you need a lower spur tooth count than you can get for a standard Arrma 6s center dif. Stock is 50t I think and you could swap that out for 46t from an Infraction. That'll let you squeeze up to about a 25t pinion on the stock motor mount. To get a better ratio, you need to swap out the center dif and add a spool. The Arrma Limitless spool drops right in and comes with a 34t spur. Now your center is locked and you have even power to front and rear. That smaller spool allows you to crank up the tooth count on the pinion which in turn provides a better ratio for speed. It might act strange at low speeds, possibly even cog, but you need these closer to one to one ratios to get the most out of the motor.

@jondilly1974 was saying that to get to 100, you need a lower spur tooth count than you can get for a standard Arrma 6s center dif. Stock is 50t I think and you could swap that out for 46t from an Infraction. That'll let you squeeze up to about a 25t pinion on the stock motor mount. To get a better ratio, you need to swap out the center dif and add a spool. The Arrma Limitless spool drops right in and comes with a 34t spur. Now your center is locked and you have even power to front and rear. That smaller spool allows you to crank up the tooth count on the pinion which in turn provides a better ratio for speed. It might act strange at low speeds, possibly even cog, but you need these closer to one to one ratios to get the most out of the motor.
Okay I got you now I was really confused at first LOL you can see my 550 on YouTube under fast RC katagarova I put a ton of upgrades into it and that's only on 4S but it did over a hundred but I'm just not real familiar with this new 6s so thank you so much for your help I really really appreciate it

We're here to help @Brian T. I'm a recent member of the triple digit club, and I wouldn't have made it without the help of others here on the forum. Also, copy and paste a link here for your YouTube page on that run. I'm sure others would like to see it too.

Be careful .....It’s a slippery slope to 100mph
85E9A385-A9EF-444F-8C38-97D25A504B43.jpeg

because it doesn’t usually stop there and the next thing you know you’re pouring over data logs and running dozens of complex mathematical gearing calculations on your dedicated “RC” laptop 😂

Be careful .....It’s a slippery slope to 100mph
View attachment 120102
because it doesn’t usually stop there and the next thing you know you’re pouring over data logs and running dozens of complex mathematical gearing calculations on your dedicated “RC” laptop 😂
I believe part #ARA....... is missing from your stock sir. Time to order more before the next customers come in.😁

I believe part #ARA....... is missing from your stock sir. Time to order more before the next customers come in.😁
It’s funny because my wife and daughter refer to that room as “the rc store” yet they have no clue how much I really have invested into the hobby 😃

I've got a 550 upgraded that runs a hundred plus I'm just new to this 6s what's the three differentials as opposed to the 550 and the 3s

So I'm not going to use the center differential?
Because my 550 and 3s only have two differentials
Its about getting closer to 1:1 gearing and thats hard with a center diff.

i run the center diff in my typhon with 25/40 on hoons and thats right around 100mph on 6S. but im also not on stock electronics...
I've hit 95mph with stock electronics with 46t spur and 29t pinion.
SMC 5200mah 120c 3 s packs as power.

I just put a 34t spool in it with 29t pinion and it's cutting out before I hit full trigger.

I'm at the stock electronics limit arnt I?

I've hit 95mph with stock electronics with 46t spur and 29t pinion.
SMC 5200mah 120c 3 s packs as power.

I just put a 34t spool in it with 29t pinion and it's cutting out before I hit full trigger.

I'm at the stock electronics limit arnt I?
This is a pretty old thread from about 1.5 years ago, but yes the stock ESC chokes around 95-98 mph.
I hit 96 mph with the Kraton 6s on stock electronics.

Moving to a Castle XLX2 is the best next move.

This is a pretty old thread from about 1.5 years ago, but yes the stock ESC chokes around 95-98 mph.
I hit 96 mph with the Kraton 6s on stock electronics.

Moving to a Castle XLX2 is the best next move.
Sure is an old one. But good info it. So 100 ain't happening in stock form. Bummer.
Wasn't trying to buy another setup. I think I'm maxed out right now with it. I'll try later today with different packs and the 34t spool again.

Sure is an old one. But good info it. So 100 ain't happening in stock form. Bummer.
Wasn't trying to buy another setup. I think I'm maxed out right now with it. I'll try later today with different packs and the 34t spool again.
I believe the 29/34 setup might be slightly over geared, but more than anything you need a long run with a smooth throttle pull.
Amperage spikes as you accelerate hard and the stock esc will cut power.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back